No more finger prints! - Idee Miller

Matt8442

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo, Cayman GTS, Taycan 4S, Taycan Turbo S.
Country flag
Just ordered the Paperlike screen protector for the centre screen for Ipad Pro, will see how this works...
The paperlike screen protector arrived, tried to fit it, made a complete hash of it and promptly threw it in the bin. The shape of the centre screen was too hard for me to cut by hand, tried cardboard template idea but both times it looked rubbish. I’m going to try the stuff that bootsie just posted. All fingers and thumbs!
Sponsored

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
So.....you guys are not using the TechArmor product?
I have their Ballistic Glass products on my pads....but it's pretty substantial and I'm wondering how it will cut.....X-Acto or good sheers.
The TechArmor works great - I had it on my screen for a few weeks. I just preferred the glossy look to the matte with the protector, so I keep a small spray bottle of glass cleaner and a wipe in my console and I wipe the screen whenever the prints bother me.

putty_thing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e39 M5
Country flag
Has anyone ordered this? Im thinking about getting it but just wanted to know how it fits and looks
I ordered it, waiting the car to come back from the dealer to install.

From looking at what was supplied, only disadvantage I can see so far is the heating display cover is square rather than trapezoid so won't cover the whole screen area.

Schlarbsi

First Name
Dominik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Has anyone ordered this? Im thinking about getting it but just wanted to know how it fits and looks
I ordered and send it back as it only covers part of the screens. You get full cover sheets on aliexpress for half the price now.

Schlarbsi

First Name
Dominik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I ordered it, waiting the car to come back from the dealer to install.

From looking at what was supplied, only disadvantage I can see so far is the heating display cover is square rather than trapezoid so won't cover the whole screen area.
Yes that was the reason I send it back. I was looking for a full cover. Ordered these
https://a.aliexpress.com/_u9hz3z

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
You can use the large TechArmor for iPad Pro and cut it out to match the entire surface. I did and it fit quite well. Just preferred the glossy to the matte.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
Similar fingerprint issue with the haptic touch screens in my wife's e-tron. I just keep a quality microfiber towel in the dash cubby and wipe down the screens after a drive; takes 5 seconds.

I guess I'll have to see how it goes in the Taycan when I get it.

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
You can use the large TechArmor for iPad Pro and cut it out to match the entire surface. I did and it fit quite well. Just preferred the glossy to the matte.
FYI, TechArmor Ballistic Glass is clear/gloss however.....too thick to do a good job cutting it down.....at least for me to do a good job :).
For what it's worth....I ruined one (for 12.9" iPad Pro), sent another back.