No more PCCB on configurator unless Turbo S?

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
Casually playing around in the UK configurator when I noticed that the option to spec PCCB seems to have disappeared for all but Turbo S trim.
Has anyone else noticed this? Are they trying to further differentiate between trim levels, or just supply issues?
Now all other trims seem to max out at PSCB.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yep various items are disappearing - either due to supply issues (not that Porsche would be helpful and state this on the configurator) or there are many changes in the midst of been applied / updated (some are visible now e.g. RS Spyder wheels on the base Taycan (!). Leave it until end Jan so see if we learn more or if these items magically re-appear. Don’t expect your dealer to have a clue either.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
PCCB’s are un-necessary on a Taycan - save your money and option other things

the ONLY feature of PCCB’s useful for a Taycan are: reduced brake dust…but
  1. 90% of your braking is handled by regen on Taycan - according to Porsche - this reduces dust
  2. option the PCSB (if that is still a thing) which also reduces brake dust
I’d humbly suggest between regen reducing brake dust & PSCB’s reducing brake dust - you’re approaching PCCB level’s of brake dust reduction

you don’t need brakes with thermal endurance on vehicle that has no endurance (and the Taycan can’t run long enough or hard enough to require significant thermal endurance beyond what is available in Porsche’s excellent steel brakes)

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Option the PSCB’s - save $5,590…you’ll still not be cleaning your wheels that often…and you’ll still never overwhelm the thermal capacity of the PSCB’s…

Porsche Taycan No more PCCB on configurator unless Turbo S? ED9032B4-AB7F-47FC-8CB7-58580536309F

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I have the PSCB brakes and are happy with them. One thing I did read about them is that surface coated discs replacements are 50% cost of carbon discs but only have a 30% increased lifespan over normal iron discs.

I know that in reality these discs with regen should last the life of the car – but lifespan of the PSCB's isn't anywhere near the PCCBs.
Sponsored