FredC057

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Fiat 500Ce, Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
For the ones that are still skeptical to go on holidays with the Taycan like I was, don’t be, it’s a road warrior.

I still had my Macan Diesel and was wondering if I would go with that one on holidays or take the Taycan.
Our decision is made now, we are selling the Macan as we won’t use it anymore and the Taycan can do the same trips in a far better comfort and in nearly the same time. I received the roof bars and the bike carrier for the Taycan so this will be the next test.

We just did 2 of our usual trips leaving from Brussels. One to go to the south east of France near Biarritz more than 1000km and one to go to the mountains in Châtel in France close to the Swiss border less than 800km.

For the trip Bxl-Hossegor, it took us 10h15 to do 1050km/650miles to go down and same time to come back.
Ok I’m driving the night and I’m driving often around 150km/h 93miles/h.
I used all the time Ionity and we had only one station where I had to change to another plug and during the night, there was only one place near Paris where we saw more than one other car charging at the same time as us. So this has to be taken into account if you want to compare with your usual trips during high peak season and on a Saturday.

Porsche Taycan No problem to go on holidays with the Taycan in France 9AE999E6-AEC3-4884-BEFC-823513995AA5

The time on the car is not exact as it starts even when the car is not moving or when we are charging.
So you have to deduct some minutes to leave the house, close everything, put the alarm on or when we came back, pass via reception to give back the keys..

Nearly the same
when we came back.
Porsche Taycan No problem to go on holidays with the Taycan in France 0027DEED-4A2E-42BD-8F49-E10E19845B18

And to go to the mountains, Bxl to Châtel is 775km/480miles for us.
It took us a bit less than 8h

Porsche Taycan No problem to go on holidays with the Taycan in France 69681C93-7F10-45C4-967D-48E66F1E8679

The great thing for me is that now that I fiddled a bit with ABRP, it gave me those exact times before I did the trips so I can use it with confidence now.

Porsche Taycan No problem to go on holidays with the Taycan in France 7FF61BAF-1001-430D-9F69-1420400B60E7

I just checked in MyPorsche and i took 26min instead of 23 on the first stop and 23 instead of 17min on the last one as I was driving faster and consuming more and wanted to arrive with a bit more than 30%.
But the total time which is the most important for me is bang on.

i tried with the onboard gps and even if I have all the options, the trip calculator is not good and asks to charge until 95% and sometimes in Porsche dealer instead of on the Highway with Ionity which is way faster and you can grab a coffee or breakfast at the same time.

For reference, my usual trip time is 8h30 for Hossegor and 7h for Châtel.
It’s possible to be faster but it was when I was younger and taking more risks. My friends are often taking 1 or 2h more to do the same distances.

So you really have to add the charging time to your usual trip time and you’ll be close to what the Taycan can do.
I’m still learning, it will take me more trips to know exactly when to unplug and not charge too much, when to drive faster or slower as it influences a lot the consumption.

The next tests will be soon to do the same trip with the bike carrier and 2 bikes and then in winter with the roof box.

A last thing, I was afraid of the size of the boot compared to the Macan so we reduced our luggage a bit but actually with the froot/frunck/front boot, we had no issue to place everything.

Porsche Taycan No problem to go on holidays with the Taycan in France 0D88A285-5408-49EE-B3FD-27F61A648EF2
My dog loves her new place my 15y.o. son still have enough place to sleep next to her.

So enjoy your trips, enjoy the summer and maybe see you somewhere in a Ionity station for a quick 20 min stop.

ElectricSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2021 Taycan 4 CT in Crayon
Country flag
Nice! The Hauconcourt charger is often congested. So glad you didn't have to wait there.

Chris H

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bentley GT3R, BMWi3s, LR Discovery, Pershing 52
Country flag
Still not sure the Tycan will be used for our long trips.
Porsche Taycan No problem to go on holidays with the Taycan in France DDCD3753-E0C4-42BE-80B0-6A796E51E086
Porsche Taycan No problem to go on holidays with the Taycan in France 1DAC1CEE-6011-4013-9536-A1E444DFB954

OP
OP
FredC057

FredC057

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Fiat 500Ce, Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
93 mph average for 8h that makes 150km/h average if I’m not mistaken so you have to drive way faster a lot of times.
I can’t make that anymore with the wife inside the car and too many cops around.
I have to try crossing Germany.
But even with the 911, I had to slow down otherwise I had to stop too often to refuel.
You have to have a bigger tank I assume like you have (Cayenne or Panamera diesel?)

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Ionity chargers have been rolling out nicely here in France now. There are a few bad spots up in the North East part, but it is also helped by Tesla opening up some chargers now. There are a few Fastned chargers as well that can be used with their app.

Total are also rolling out HPC in many places, but my experience with them is not so good. Too few chargers and not working frequently. Allego chargers have been troublesome as well so I stay well clear of these here in France.

And many hotels and resaturants have installed destination chargers which is really great

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
Great info, thanks. Already planning trips to Disney and south of France / Monaco when the Taycan arrives
Sponsored