OP

Grahamtaylor

First Name
Graham
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I asked. Apparently Porsche don’t offer wireless charging on ANY of their cars in the UK. I must admit though I’m sure I had a Panamera with wireless charging in the arm rear !! Please let me know what they say.

bangersandmash

First Name
bib
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Alpina B3S, Opel Corsa electric
Country flag
Just collected my 4S in the UK and it's the same, i.e. no Qi wireless charging :confused: Like someone else said, I don't understand why this feature is country specific - especially as it carries the 'CE' mark (for Europe)? I too will ask my dealer on Friday. Was so looking forward to the convenience of wireless charging.
Well now UK is leaving the EU perhaps they have to certify the wireless charging domestically?

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Perf Battery
Country flag
Guys It’s really not a big deal. Buy any USB-C wireless charger from amazon and place it within the middle arm rest and it will do the same job!

On the other hand just buy a USB-C to lightening cable for £5 and plug the phone in!

You need the cable to get Apple Car Play anyway.

Shoey

Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Diesel, Cayman GTS, BMW i3
Country flag
It’s disappointing we have to find out this way. I know it’s not the fault of the salespeople because they receive very little info, but when you’re spending this kind of money the little details matter.

louv

First Name
Don
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo, Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Maybe it’s a licensing issue? Maybe Porsche couldn’t acquire the legal rights to the patents?

I’m reaching here. No idea. Just random thoughts.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jaguar F-Type R
Country flag
According to what Porsche Reading told me it’s something to do with the fact that the Porsche wireless charging setup is power overrated, and therefore not certified for safe use in the UK. Seems weird to me but that’s what I was advised.

Advertisement