Grahamtaylor

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I asked. Apparently Porsche don’t offer wireless charging on ANY of their cars in the UK. I must admit though I’m sure I had a Panamera with wireless charging in the arm rear !! Please let me know what they say.
Sponsored

bangersandmash

First Name
bib
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Alpina B3S, Opel Corsa electric
Country flag
Just collected my 4S in the UK and it's the same, i.e. no Qi wireless charging :confused: Like someone else said, I don't understand why this feature is country specific - especially as it carries the 'CE' mark (for Europe)? I too will ask my dealer on Friday. Was so looking forward to the convenience of wireless charging.
Well now UK is leaving the EU perhaps they have to certify the wireless charging domestically?

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Guys It’s really not a big deal. Buy any USB-C wireless charger from amazon and place it within the middle arm rest and it will do the same job!

On the other hand just buy a USB-C to lightening cable for £5 and plug the phone in!

You need the cable to get Apple Car Play anyway.

Shoey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Diesel, Cayman GTS, BMW i3
Country flag
It’s disappointing we have to find out this way. I know it’s not the fault of the salespeople because they receive very little info, but when you’re spending this kind of money the little details matter.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Maybe it’s a licensing issue? Maybe Porsche couldn’t acquire the legal rights to the patents?

I’m reaching here. No idea. Just random thoughts.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
According to what Porsche Reading told me it’s something to do with the fact that the Porsche wireless charging setup is power overrated, and therefore not certified for safe use in the UK. Seems weird to me but that’s what I was advised.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
According to what Porsche Reading told me it’s something to do with the fact that the Porsche wireless charging setup is power overrated, and therefore not certified for safe use in the UK. Seems weird to me but that’s what I was advised.
So I just came across the following link (https://www.carsuk.net/electric-por...or-2021-including-on-demand-function-updates/) which states at the end that as part of the MY21 updates wireless phone charging is part of this. I cannot imagine it is anything more than part of a S/W update, but worth any existing owners checking with their dealers. I am not due to get my car until Nov so will check then of course.

JamieG

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar SE
Country flag
So I just came across the following link (https://www.carsuk.net/electric-por...or-2021-including-on-demand-function-updates/) which states at the end that as part of the MY21 updates wireless phone charging is part of this. I cannot imagine it is anything more than part of a S/W update, but worth any existing owners checking with their dealers. I am not due to get my car until Nov so will check then of course.
I specifically asked my dealer last week to see whether my MY21 build will have a wireless charger. He went away and came back and confirmed it will be on my ‘early November’ build. He said it should now be on the ‘standard features’ list on the configurator, but has been missed.

I’ve also seen another UK user on here say his car that’s being delivered end of October will have it too

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S & Tesla Model-S 100D
Country flag
Sorry to hear this UK-friends! It’s a strange absent, since wireless mobile charging is included for the Norway build. For British residents, I really do hope it can be retrofitted.

Porsche Taycan No Qi Wireless Charger in armrest 3A4F3204-C511-48F0-A1E2-9E9B8C3CE9D6

Last edited:

JamieG

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar SE
Country flag
Not sure whether it was just me, but my demo car's arm rest wouldn't stay and hold in position when opened. It just fell back down without any support. Wasn't too impressed with that

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
Not sure whether it was just me, but my demo car's arm rest wouldn't stay and hold in position when opened. It just fell back down without any support. Wasn't too impressed with that
Yes that’s a feature! Found it quite odd myself too.

remanis

First Name
Amer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60, Volvo V60
Country flag
Does the Swedish version have wireless charging?

ccooke01

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S and ID.4
Country flag
I specifically asked my dealer last week to see whether my MY21 build will have a wireless charger. He went away and came back and confirmed it will be on my ‘early November’ build. He said it should now be on the ‘standard features’ list on the configurator, but has been missed.

I’ve also seen another UK user on here say his car that’s being delivered end of October will have it too
Hi, my 4S arrived at the dealership last Friday, when I asked about the wireless charging last month they told me it wasn’t available in the UK, however I can see my vehicle in the “My Porsche” portal and the model year is 2021, I have emailed him to check, fingers crossed.

Smithy37

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 991.2 C4 GTS. Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Wireless charging is now included on U.K. spec MY21 cars.
There are plenty of posts on this forum with photos too.

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yeah.. it's quite annoying..needing to use both hands to get something in there unless you use your elbow and hand... on my panamera, it stayed open...
Sponsored