daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Are those EV charger locations in Patagonia? Wow. Or are those regular gas stations?
EV charger locations - no fast chargers apparent

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Was driving all around that area back in 2003 and again later but def no visible chargers then :). Spectacular part of them world.

RobGG

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hilarious! Are you going further south? Those 50' swells in the Drake are not as smooth a ride as our Taycans!

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
trip is almost over - Antartica lacks any slow or fast charging (not even Elon has invaded - hmmmm maybe I can move here)

it's been amazing - still no Taycan sightings…but all the Penguins would get in the way of any launch control…

Porsche Taycan No Taycan sightings… 73051B08-F14B-4CBF-BAF3-3D7F9622B51F

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Lol, I just drove 3,500 miles across the USA. Taycan sightings? One total, on a highway whiile fighting my way through Atlanta traffic (where PCNA has its headquarters). No Taycans at any of the chargers I visited either. So, if they are not showing up in the US. they are unlikely to show up on your trip. Honestly, given the numbers Porsche claims to have sold in the USA, I wonder, where are all those cars? Hiding in their owners' garages perhaps, or serving as driveway decorations to make the neighbors jealous? There are tons of EV's around where I live (Pacific NW), but I've only even encountered a few Taycans on the road, only one CT - not counting visits to the Porsche dealer for things like Taycan owners clinic which I think had 4 Taycans on the lot (the rest of us were owners-in-waiting). The only EV more rare than Taycan, one that I have not seen in person on the road at all - Rimac Nevera, Seen tons of Teslas, Rivian (mostly the pickup, but have seen a few SUV too), Ford F150s & Mustangs, Lucid Airs, Chevy Bolts, Polestars, Kias, Hyundays, etc.

Last edited:

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Lol, I just drove 3,500 across the USA. Taycan sightings? One total, on a highway whiile fighting my way through Atlanta traffic (where PCNA has its headquarters). No Taycans at any of the chargers I visited either. So, if they are not showing up in the US. they are unlikely to show up on your trip. Honestly, given the numbers Porsche claims to have sold in the USA, I wonder, where are all those cars? Hiding in their owners' garages perhaps, or serving as driveway decorations to make the neighbors jealous? There are tons of EV's around where I live (Pacific NW), but I've only even encountered a few Taycans on the road, only one CT - not counting visits to the Porsche dealer for things like Taycan owners clinic which I think had 4 Taycans on the lot (the rest of us were owners-in-waiting). The only EV more rare than Taycan, one that I have not seen in person on the road at all - Rimac Nevera, Seen tons of Teslas, Rivian (mostly the pickup, but have seen a few SUV too), Ford F150s & Mustangs, Lucid Airs, Chevy Bolts, Polestars, Kias, Hyundays, etc.
They're all at Porsche's rear parking lots waiting for heaters

🤣😁

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
They're all at Porsche's rear parking lots waiting for heaters

🤣😁
:CWL::CWL::CWL:

The US is absolutely huge. The chances of running into one are quite slim unless you live in a rich area that also doesn't have terrible EV infrastructure. But then again, it's not a big SUV either. I'd guess you'll see them about as often as you see 718s or 911s.

Here in Bergen, Norway I see so many of them. Back when we first got it in November '21 we'd get stopped by people wanting to have a look and a chat, some pictures. Nowadays I just get people copping a look or two. :D

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I have seen one parked in the town I live once, and 3 or 4 times one driving through.
Not common around here at all.
Most EVs round here are teslas though there is a Mustang near me and I sometimes see a Polestar II

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I have seen one parked in the town I live once, and 3 or 4 times one driving through.
Not common around here at all.
Most EVs round here are teslas though there is a Mustang near me and I sometimes see a Polestar II
Ditto, have only seen a few sedans driving around and maybe 1-2 CTs - super rare to see on the roads here but Tesla's everywhere - perhaps a bit surprising given the 4th largest city in the US - then again this city is so spread out often referred to as the 'blob that ate South Texas' :)

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
They are obviously selling them all round our neck of the woods.
They are becoming an increasingly common site.

I now know 6 parked up on drives within 2 minutes drive from our house.
Sponsored