xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
Those speeds are wild. Most i've ever done on any texas roadway is 95mph. Usually set cruise at 90.

hitmonlee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Macan GTS
Country flag
These are wild. I scrolled from the bottom and was kinda glad that there's no single Porsche on the list until I saw a 2023 Boxster at No. 13 🤷‍♂️

Tighlines

First Name
Klint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 panamera turbo, 2023 taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I was expecting more from TX. Only one ticket over 155... and in a Dodge no less. I'd be worried that POS would disintegrate on me.
I've hit 160 in a Panamera, she (and I) wanted more but it's so hard to go that fast safely.
Porsche Taycan No Taycans: The 50 Fastest Speeding Tickets in Texas in 2022 Screenshot_20220405-201514_Video Player

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
The most impressive of on this list is the Ford F150 at #18. 141 MPH? I didn’t think those could even come close. Impressive and massively stupid at the same time.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
The most impressive of on this list is the Ford F150 at #18. 141 MPH? I didn’t think those could even come close. Impressive and massively stupid at the same time.
It’s just trying to keep up reputation with the other American made F’s, such as the F16, F22, F35, F117, etc.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Back when it opened for the first time and was practically empty for miles, I did 130 on Route 130, which, as the article notes, is a toll road between Austin and San Antonio with an 85 MPH speed limit, the highest stated speed limit in the country. Worth doing once, but I pretty much scared myself into never doing it again.

VA_CT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Macan, 2022 4CT
Country flag
I was expecting more from TX. Only one ticket over 155... and in a Dodge no less. I'd be worried that POS would disintegrate on me.
I've hit 160 in a Panamera, she (and I) wanted more but it's so hard to go that fast safely.
Screenshot_20220405-201514_Video Player.jpg
Agree on the safety part. I have hit(maxed) 160 in a Dinan 5. To my surprise the car was steady. Can't say the same on Z4 doing much less
Porsche Taycan No Taycans: The 50 Fastest Speeding Tickets in Texas in 2022 IMG

Last edited:

Avantgarde

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Taycan RWD PB+, 21' X5 Xdrive45e, 09' Cayman
Country flag
Those speeds are wild. Most i've ever done on any texas roadway is 95mph. Usually set cruise at 90.
They are over the legal speed limit in the US. But don't think they are "wild" (except for the first one). German Grandmas picking up their grand children routinely drive faster than everyone on the list except the #1.

mystermykee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 IGM
Country flag
I used to think 90-95mph was "fast", even with no one around me to gauge the relative speed of others. In a Taycan, given how quiet and smooth it is, hitting 100 doesn't seem that fast anymore. I guess it's just seeing three digits-"Ok, time to slow down."

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Back when it opened for the first time and was practically empty for miles, I did 130 on Route 130, which, as the article notes, is a toll road between Austin and San Antonio with an 85 MPH speed limit, the highest stated speed limit in the country. Worth doing once, but I pretty much scared myself into never doing it again.
In a previous life, while living in Germany, I'd reach 220km/h (~135mph) fairly frequently. It was intense, but one gets used to it. I managed to max out my E46 330Ci once - to 250km/h (~155mph). A long, sweeping, large radius turn became a white knuckle moment with just those extra 15mph. And as I was speeding up, I saw in the rearview mirror a Transit (who was trying to keep up) experience a spectacular engine explosion: nuts, bolts, chunks flying everywhere - including catching up and hitting my windshield. Quite the chilling moment, which also marked the end of my nutso-speeding days.

I used to think 90-95mph was "fast", even with no one around me to gauge the relative speed of others. In a Taycan, given how quiet and smooth it is, hitting 100 doesn't seem that fast anymore. I guess it's just seeing three digits-"Ok, time to slow down."
It is eerie, and very hard to resist. On a mountain road I frequently drive, passing lanes are few and short - so passing used to take some planning. Not so in the Taycan (and mine's not a fast one, see above) - passing is more of an impulse thing. I have to temper myself - even with the roofbox on, triple digits is still pretty quiet and there just isn't any feeling of speeding, but the manual says not to exceed that threshold. 😬

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
In a previous life, while living in Germany, I'd reach 220km/h (~135mph) fairly frequently. It was intense, but one gets used to it. I managed to max out my E46 330Ci once - to 250km/h (~155mph). A long, sweeping, large radius turn became a white knuckle moment with just those extra 15mph. And as I was speeding up, I saw in the rearview mirror a Transit (who was trying to keep up) experience a spectacular engine explosion: nuts, bolts, chunks flying everywhere - including catching up and hitting my windshield. Quite the chilling moment, which also marked the end of my nutso-speeding days.
I think that's it. When you have roads and customs built for very high speeds, you can probably acclimate to it - like anything. Being 40 MPH over what I was used to and 45MPH over the road's stated limit, every undulation and divot in the road caused me to become skittish and lose confidence. I-130 is fine, but it isn't built to autobahn specifications, and it isn't expected to be either.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag

It is eerie, and very hard to resist. On a mountain road I frequently drive, passing lanes are few and short - so passing used to take some planning. Not so in the Taycan (and mine's not a fast one, see above) - passing is more of an impulse thing. I have to temper myself - even with the roofbox on, triple digits is still pretty quiet and there just isn't any feeling of speeding, but the manual says not to exceed that threshold. 😬
There are 80mph or even 85mph speed limit roads in the US. Taycan can cruise at 100 quite comfortably (I don't know about the roof box limits though), it doesn't even drop the energy consumption as badly as I would have expected (though the consumption at 70-80 was more than I expected, so maybe the Taycan consumption curve is just flatter than Tesla).
Sponsored