Nobody talking about the revised 2022 configurator?

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I price reduction??? Unheard of!
Crazy huh? I spoke to my SA and said you need to put on writing that I will get a MY22 at the agreed price of a MY21 as you told me. He emailed me the updated configuration and said, I’m not going to do that now because it’s $100 lower:blush:

As this is my first Porsche, I am assuming after you put down your deposit, the price is locked (as my SA has told me).
Sponsored

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ok, I did a detailed review of the 2022 configuration I was sent and it appears to be missing the panoramic roof which was included previously in the premium package. Is anyone aware if a panoramic roof is now standard or a priced option? In which case I will need to ask him to add it back at no cost.

SeanY

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordering 2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Ok, I did a detailed review of the 2022 configuration I was sent and it appears to be missing the panoramic roof which was included previously in the premium package. Is anyone aware if a panoramic roof is now standard or a priced option? In which case I will need to ask him to add it back at no cost.
Yes, the panoramic roof is standard. The RWD price is now $82700 without any option. Somehow though the premium package price stays almost same, $7310. It include the power folding mirrors now. So generally 2022 would be $3k more expensive than a 2021 with the same options.

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes, the panoramic roof is standard. The RWD price is now $82700 without any option. Somehow though the premium package price stays almost same, $7310. It include the power folding mirrors now. So generally 2022 would be $3k more expensive than a 2021 with the same options.
For a RWD only? As I mentioned previously, the cost for my 4S spec actually came down by $100 due to the mirrors option

ChalkTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
My build sheet for the 2022 4s has the sunroof as part of the premium package. Are we sure the sunroof is standard for 2022?

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My build sheet for the 2022 4s has the sunroof as part of the premium package. Are we sure the sunroof is standard for 2022?
I got a reply from my SA saying that the sunroof should be part of the premium package and he’s not sure why it isn’t on my spec sheet. He said he will verify with his ordering manager tomorrow.

SeanY

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordering 2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
That's what my dealer told me. If not, the $3k price RWD base price increase makes even less sense.

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
I was regretting that this option wasn’t available when I ordered my car. I now feel a bit better. I do have a tight spot in my condo that I thought it would be useful for, however.
Will the Park Assist Option park the car itself in a narrow garage (my Garage bays are 90” wide) or just send me a message that the space is too narrow? Is it similar to the Tesla Summon option?

cfp

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo '22 (ordered),MB E350, Mini Cooper SE
Country flag
Looks like the bipartisan infrastructure bill agreed to today has no provisions for additional EV tax credits. For the time being, the $7,500 credit with no MSRP cap remains intact. Anybody else have any additional knowledge or insight to add or contradict?
as expected, the final infrastructure bill doesn't touch the current US tax credit of $7500

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
Full list of changes from MY2021 to MY2022
Taycan 2022 changes
  • Price increase on Taycan and Taycan CT 4
  • Optimized front axle decoupling in range and normal mode
  • New Sports Chrono display
  • Auto regeneration stays if you change drive mode
  • Cellular amplifier in phone dock disappears
  • Windows/memory buttons will be in matte black
  • Wired android auto
  • Updated navigation interface
  • Home screen will have 5 menus instead of 3
  • Porsche Charging Planner optimizations
  • Power folding mirrors forced option with surround view
  • 19.2 kW charger is back and compatible with plug and charge
  • Remote park assist
  • 3D surround view with improved panning function
  • Remote park assist - Rear cross traffic alter
  • Remote park assist - Exit warning
  • Aluminum pedals
  • B-pillars in race tex
  • Paint to sample

PorschePete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Audi Q7
Country flag
As of Mid July which coincided with the build configurator update all future orders for new builds will be 2022 model. No price increase for the 4s as far as I could tell.
Sponsored