Noddy's new PTS Acid Green Cross Turismo Taycan in production!

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
That is acid green? Fully expect pictures once all the rest of the body panels are attached!
Yes indeed Acid Green - Don't worry I will wear a hi-viz jacket whilst driving to tone it down a bit.....

Will post a pic once I collect - supposed to be the 16th Nov - but apparently (an FB post) - the cars entering the UK this week just gone (or at least 8 of them) have been held up for software mods. Mine could be one of those... :(

It will be a few days after I collect for the pics though (sad family event).

Last edited:

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
That is acid green? Fully expect pictures once all the rest of the body panels are attached!
There's something about the factory lighting or the camera, because they just don't do it any justice compared to real life.

At the dealer:
Porsche Taycan Noddy's new PTS Acid Green Cross Turismo Taycan in production! 1667678954343

Sunset:
Porsche Taycan Noddy's new PTS Acid Green Cross Turismo Taycan in production! 1667679074330

Direct sunlight
Porsche Taycan Noddy's new PTS Acid Green Cross Turismo Taycan in production! 1667679065393

Good thing there aren't more than one per country, getting two in the same spot might result in people going blind.

Can't wait to see another acid green around here though!

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Maybe it’s open by purpose…you know, air-cooling :giggle:
You joke, but I’ve seen it done. Not on a small IO enclosure like that though. That just looks like ET200 on profinet. Someone probably left it open after troubleshooting.

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
There's something about the factory lighting or the camera, because they just don't do it any justice compared to real life.

At the dealer:
1667678954343.png

Sunset:
1667679074330.png

Direct sunlight
1667679065393.png

Good thing there aren't more than one per country, getting two in the same spot might result in people going blind.

Can't wait to see another acid green around here though!
Wow - gorgeous!! - I think there is another in Scotland and at least one in Germany - but at least we have variants - CT/ST/Sedan - wheels etc

Mind you - here in the North of England if the sun comes out so do all the people to see the weird light in the sky..... so the sunset pic is more likely. Roll on climate change!!

Last edited:

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
An in-production pic of my CT-T........ (at last)

634ee9b92c989b3e0ae6a50f.jpg
Having done the factory tour – its cool to be able to picture exactly where this is – whats around it. Right after this picture was taken – the robot on the right is about to place the windscreen onto the car.

Right before it entered this station – it was on another line getting its HV cabling (and I think the AC chargers are fitted as well at this stage). It crosses over a pedestrian walkway between the lines on its automated car carrying platform.

This robot station is one of only two in the vehicle assembly building. The other being the "vehicle marriage" station one floor down – when the battery and drive train is joined to the body.

Soon the car will be passed onto an overhead car carrying platform that runs along the roof of the plant – so the car can be tilted to aid installation of components.

If there are no stoppages due to component shortages, the car will be fully assembled about 5 hrs after this picture was taken and will actually be driven out of the ground floor of the plant onto a waiting truck transport to take it to a train a few km outside of the city.

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Having done the factory tour – its cool to be able to picture exactly where this is – whats around it. Right after this picture was taken – the robot on the right is about to place the windscreen onto the car.

Right before it entered this station – it was on another line getting its HV cabling (and I think the AC chargers are fitted as well at this stage). It crosses over a pedestrian walkway between the lines on its automated car carrying platform.

This robot station is one of only two in the vehicle assembly building. The other being the "vehicle marriage" station one floor down – when the battery and drive train is joined to the body.

Soon the car will be passed onto an overhead car carrying platform that runs along the roof of the plant – so the car can be tilted to aid installation of components.

If there are no stoppages due to component shortages, the car will be fully assembled about 5 hrs after this picture was taken and will actually be driven out of the ground floor of the plant onto a waiting truck transport to take it to a train a few km outside of the city.
Fascinating Damien ... and amazing...... To a former steel-worker who worked in a massive polluting, noisy, smelly and dangerous mid 20th century 'steam driven' production line, making and casting 20K tonnes of molten steel/week, pouring it from 600 tonne ladles and then smashing the red-hot 22 tonne steel ingots into 6" thick slabs....travelling at 30mph through 1,000Tonne rollers ............... Porsche looks like a very sweet, clever, clean, quiet, hi-tech and profitable factory..... How times have changed for the better!

As it happens, my production pictures are running a bit behind. My car has been in the UK since late October..... should be at the OPC next couple of days.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Fascinating Damien ... and amazing...... To a former steel-worker who worked in a massive polluting, noisy, smelly and dangerous mid 20th century 'steam driven' production line, making and casting 20K tonnes of molten steel/week, pouring it from 600 tonne ladles and then smashing the red-hot 22 tonne steel ingots into 6" thick slabs....travelling at 30mph through 1,000Tonne rollers ............... Porsche looks like a very sweet, clever, clean, quiet, hi-tech and profitable factory..... How times have changed for the better!
The lack of noise and sound was one of the most surprising aspects to the factory tour. They don't even use any air-tools on the Taycan – its all electric driven torque tooling now. It was as quiet as an office.

Not sure if you've seen it – but here were my notes from the tour at the time:

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/taycan-to-the-alps-road-trip-2022.12402/post-186823

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/taycan-to-the-alps-road-trip-2022.12402/post-186825

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/taycan-to-the-alps-road-trip-2022.12402/post-187144

As it happens, my production pictures are running a bit behind. My car has been in the UK since late October..... should be at the OPC next couple of days.
Enjoy it! Should brighten up any winters day with that colour!

Last edited:

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
To a former steel-worker who worked in a massive polluting, noisy, smelly and dangerous mid 20th century 'steam driven' production line, making and casting 20K tonnes of molten steel/week, pouring it from 600 tonne ladles and then smashing the red-hot 22 tonne steel ingots into 6" thick slabs....travelling at 30mph through 1,000Tonne rollers
Oh, cool. Off topic, but I work in steel (and other metals) processing. Mostly cut to length and slitting from coil. But some of our equipment is installed in steel and aluminum mills, so I get see them sometimes.