Noise from the wheel arch of a Taycan

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
My replacements were 100% covered under warranty here in Houston with zero questions nor fuss after I had provided video of the noise when first heard and subsequent pics of the stones/gravel in the fan shroud that I personally removed (as in post shared on this forum) and were 'locking' up the fans.

PS: this gravel in fans issue an entirely different case than the underside road damage I mentioned here in an earlier post in this thread.

Original thread here:
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...se-s-on-returning-home-from-short-trip.16004/

Specific solution in that same thread here: #6
Sponsored

Last edited:

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
I wonder if this is why i don't see videos of Jennie from Black Pink driving around her Cross Turismo.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I've just been hit with this (I think it's the same) - 'fault codes stored for both radiator and condenser fans blocked - require replacement fans as fans being blocked and not operating, does not provide adequate cooling to components'

They want £3700 and say its not covered under warranty (OPC Reading).

Does this sound the same? Do I just keep (politely) pushing back and reference the others that were replaced under warranty?

Thanks
Is this a potential issue for all cars, or is it 'solved' for the cars with electric charger doors (which i think have some ducting blocked off)?

Canadian204

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ MY20
Country flag
Hello everyone!
Unfortunately after 53,000kms here in the great white North and our harsh winters and salty roads I have had my fans seize. Now, I was aware that the fans were flawed in design so I made sure to wash the fans out weekly but a couple weeks ago I lost total power steering with 0 warning faults or lights on the dash. The steering was extremely stiff exactly like I had no power steering. I took it to my Porsche center and Initially they saw some broken plastic underneath and immediately said to contact my insurance and that this was an insurance claim not a warranty issue. Anyways I offered to pay for the diagnostics and they continued their work. They discovered that I had numerous cooling faults and the fans are seized I didn’t have to push them to cover it under warranty they immediately said it was covered and my new fans were already being shipped out. However, they said that this would be a good first step to solve my power steering issue. Has anyone else here had an issue with the power steering failing? I am glad my fans are being covered though I didn’t even need to push for it

Keto

First Name
Antti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2, Cayenne Diesel
Country flag
Hi,

I drive a 2022 Cross Turismo.

I got noise that even gathered the attention of passer by’s and even some trembling when I was at a high power charger during my road trip this summer. No issues at home charging or while driving etc.

I asked whether this was normal when I was visiting my local Porsche Center. They told me it’s definitely not and that they would look into it. I took the car in for a couple of recalls (an issue with some antennas under the front bumper and one with optimizing high power charging, I believe) plus the fan issue and got a 2022 Macan as a replacement for the day. A nice car, but it felt ancient as I’ve gotten used to electric :)

Anyway, after the fact they told me they had tried cleaning the fans at first and as that did not work, they replaced the fans. They had compared the noise with another Taycan. No questions asked, no charge, and they even washed the car for me. I guess the cost out of pocket for the replacement would have been extraorbitant.

The car is a demonstration one from Porsche Center with full warranty. That might have helped. When I first got the car, I noticed the undercarriage was very dirty and I washed what I could. I have no idea about the condition of the fans at that point. Anyway, kudos to the premium service I would expect for a premium car. Well done, Porsche Center Helsinki.

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hi all. Well this has now happened to me. The sound is untrue. Porsche Chester has said it’s not covered under warranty but have said they will clear the fans out free of charge. I just hope the fans aren’t damaged. See attached file.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Hi all. Well this has now happened to me. The sound is untrue. Porsche Chester has said it’s not covered under warranty but have said they will clear the fans out free of charge. I just hope the fans aren’t damaged. See attached file.

So what’s the point of the service bulletin if they’re just going to deny the warranty claim?

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
After reading all of your issues I’ve emailed the dealer to request these parts are replaced under warranty as clearly there is a design flaw known about by Porsche because of the TSB issued and the subsequent redesign of the part on Y23 models.
Will update this thread with responses.

Crazymind

First Name
Mattia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
The replacement under warranty I guess doesn’t solve the problem. What can we do to keep that are clean and avoid trouble?

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The replacement under warranty I guess doesn’t solve the problem. What can we do to keep that are clean and avoid trouble?
From what I’ve read Porsche have redesigned the fan area on my23 cars which seems to suggest they’ve fixed it or at least made it much harder to happen again.

Crazymind

First Name
Mattia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I had a quick look at my Taycan and yes the design is slighlty different. I'll take a picture later. My car was delivered in July but not sure it is MY 2023? built in May.

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Latest update. According to dealer there has been no TSB in the UK for this issue. They are seeking advise from Porsche.
surely Porsche don’t want their cars charging next to other cars sounding like tractors. Do they?

Crazymind

First Name
Mattia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Same terrible design on my 2023 Taycan.
we should ask Zunsport to fabricate mesh for ourTaycan?

Porsche Taycan Noise from the wheel arch of a Taycan IMG_1207

Porsche Taycan Noise from the wheel arch of a Taycan IMG_1206