jvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey CT4
Country flag
The difference can be subtle, but certainly worth the price charged. I drove an e-tron with it and without it back to back and the difference was a very welcome lessening of wind and ambient noise. Like air suspension, I consider it a must on an electric car. The best way to compare is parked in a noisy environment with windows open then closed. I ditched the electric sport sound and opted for more quiet. The heat and UV rejection is a nice bonus as well.
Sponsored

Dr Monty

First Name
Monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, BMW iX50, Audi
Country flag
Here in Japan for my MY 21 4S CT (scheduled for delivery in September), the noise insulating glass was NOT available as an option. The dealer and I went over the options list several times, right up to the deadline for the June build - but not there. He opined that it might be standard for Japan as some features which are "standard" here are options in other geos. I would have definitely ordered for calm, quiet cruising and so I can hear the Burmeister better...

Hopefully it is in the baseline 4S CT build.

ct-andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT (eta Feb)
Country flag

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Sounds aside - does anyone know if this $1k option works to materially keep the car cool? I live in LA where it is hot and I'm speccing black interior. I could always get film, but if I can just pay for the glass that would be easiest I think.
You can always use the pre-heat / pre-cool function on a timer via the Porsche Connect App rather than add the glass or in addition.

It's the same option as in other cars / Porsches which have the this option - can you try one of those out to see what you think?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Here in Japan for my MY 21 4S CT (scheduled for delivery in September), the noise insulating glass was NOT available as an option. The dealer and I went over the options list several times, right up to the deadline for the June build - but not there. He opined that it might be standard for Japan as some features which are "standard" here are options in other geos. I would have definitely ordered for calm, quiet cruising and so I can hear the Burmeister better...

Hopefully it is in the baseline 4S CT build.
Std thermally insulated glass (not noise insulated) according to the configurator (I used Google Translate mind you!). On the summary page of your build on the configurator scroll down to the bottom and click on standard specifications - this will list the basics but not always 100% accurate.

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
Rather than relying on your dealer's perspective, I would suggest you take a test drive to discern the difference between a Taycan with a panoramic roof, fitted standard glass, versus one with noise-insulated glass. I happened to have driven both before opting for the upgraded glass, which in my opinion, offered better noise insulation as well as acoustics for the sound system.
Hi, Quick Q. Does the noise insulated glass have a tint ? if so, how dark is it ? Thanks.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sounds aside - does anyone know if this $1k option works to materially keep the car cool? I live in LA where it is hot and I'm speccing black interior. I could always get film, but if I can just pay for the glass that would be easiest I think.
Get the Porsche Noise and Thermal glass option: and yes, it really helps to cool the car. It's no doubt more effective than an after market film as its embedded into the layers of the glass. An after aftermarket film will probably save you at most $300 and have no noise-reducing properties.

bihus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
No
Hi, Quick Q. Does the noise insulated glass have a tint ? if so, how dark is it ? Thanks.
No, it doesn't. It's just a plastic layer between 2 sheets of glass. The privacy glass is independent of it.

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
Get the Porsche Noise and Thermal glass option: and yes, it really helps to cool the car. It's no doubt more effective than an after market film as its embedded into the layers of the glass. An after aftermarket film will probably save you at most $300 and have no noise-reducing properties.
Thank you ! that makes a good point. I’ll get the noise insulated glass

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
No

No, it doesn't. It's just a plastic layer between 2 sheets of glass. The privacy glass is independent of it.
I thought it was double glass layers with an air gap, like the noise insulated glass in the S-class.
That is what it looked like to me.

bihus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I thought it was double glass layers with an air gap, like the noise insulated glass in the S-class.
That is what it looked like to me.
I'm pretty sure that the S-Class uses the same system. Even the bulletproof ones use a plastic film in the middle of 2 layers of glass. No air chamber.

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Rather than relying on your dealer's perspective, I would suggest you take a test drive to discern the difference between a Taycan with a panoramic roof, fitted standard glass, versus one with noise-insulated glass. I happened to have driven both before opting for the upgraded glass, which in my opinion, offered better noise insulation as well as acoustics for the sound system.
Sir. Thank you. You were able to sense the noise was cut down significantly with the glass? The dealers don't have cars to do the comparison so appreciate any additional experience you can share

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Thank you ! that makes a good point. I’ll get the noise insulated glass
Maddie. How do you like having the thermo insulated glass? Do you sense a difference? Are you glad you made the choice to get it?
Sponsored