Non-GTS 21inch RS Spyder Design wheels?

Tino82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Has anybody seen the non-GTS Spyder wheels in the flesh yet? I've seen the all black GTS version, but haven't been able to get a real life look at the black/silver variant for non-GTS spec.
Sponsored

Deleted member 6348

There’s a Gentian Blue Taycan Base in my area that has them. They look sharp, but aren’t as good looking as the Mission Es.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
Has anybody seen the non-GTS Spyder wheels in the flesh yet? I've seen the all black GTS version, but haven't been able to get a real life look at the black/silver variant for non-GTS spec.
I needed to put my order in for a new Taycan a few weeks ago. I spent the whole day driving to six different Porsche dealerships in Germany, in the hope I would get to see these wheels for real. It took until the final one before I saw them, and even then it was on a black ST still on its shipping blocks, so it wasn't in the best light. I wasn't blown away by them as much as I thought I would be. They just didn't look as sporty as the 21" Taycan Exclusive wheels with the black metallic paint. I decided to not take the risk.

That's not to say if I saw them again I wouldn't like them more. They just didn't do it for me to the point I was prepared to spec them.

Mattyh

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
540i
Country flag
Here’s a few, I think they look better in black. I was gonna get these on a 4s I’d have sprayed them black but I’m gonna get a gts now

Porsche Taycan Non-GTS 21inch RS Spyder Design wheels? B78EA812-6BD2-4333-8C55-795C668BA472

Porsche Taycan Non-GTS 21inch RS Spyder Design wheels? 45F37901-C8B1-45C1-B8B6-CC6B39FB9247

Porsche Taycan Non-GTS 21inch RS Spyder Design wheels? B4AEFF93-429D-421C-A55D-035542945AA3

Porsche Taycan Non-GTS 21inch RS Spyder Design wheels? 198EAC17-EEDD-485A-8C39-59FEFBADA4F4

davitzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Im getting these for my Taycan RWD but asked the dealership to paint them black before delivery as they look much better in black.

OP
OP
Tino82

Tino82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks to you all for the pictures. Maybe I'm strange in that I almost always prefer black wheels to silver, but I prefer the silver to the black on the spyders. I am getting the black window surrounds on the 4s, so I think either version would work.

Last edited:

OP
OP
Tino82

Tino82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Im getting these for my Taycan RWD but asked the dealership to paint them black before delivery as they look much better in black.
Are they charging a lot for this service? I never even thought of asking them to do this as I thought they'd say no, as it would be copying the GTS exclusive version.

Mattyh

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
540i
Country flag
Are they charging a lot for this service? I never even thought of asking them to do this as I thought they'd say no, as it would be copying the GTS exclusive version.
When I asked the dealer they said 1k to paint. Might as well take them elsewhere and get them done for half the price

Yoko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ST4S
Country flag
These are what I have ordered on 4S ST. Good to see them.
I'm, okay too with black wheels but think the polished face looks great.

jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan CT4, 23 Mini Cooper SE on order
Country flag
I have them on mine that I just picked up last week. I think they look great.

2.jpg
Very Nice !! Did you purchase these at the dealer or online (ex. Suncoastparts) ? Picking up my CT in a few days and was thinking of getting these also.

NewPdude

First Name
Rhett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M440i
Country flag
When I saw these I was not only a yes, but HELL YES! So I Specced them on my 4S…

Porsche Taycan Non-GTS 21inch RS Spyder Design wheels? 45878473-85AF-467D-9347-64B4861216B9

Last edited:

nvp19

First Name
NP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Very Nice !! Did you purchase these at the dealer or online (ex. Suncoastparts) ? Picking up my CT in a few days and was thinking of getting these also.
I ordered these through the dealer with my original configuration.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
I needed to put my order in for a new Taycan a few weeks ago. I spent the whole day driving to six different Porsche dealerships in Germany, in the hope I would get to see these wheels for real. It took until the final one before I saw them, and even then it was on a black ST still on its shipping blocks, so it wasn't in the best light. I wasn't blown away by them as much as I thought I would be. They just didn't look as sporty as the 21" Taycan Exclusive wheels with the black metallic paint. I decided to not take the risk.

That's not to say if I saw them again I wouldn't like them more. They just didn't do it for me to the point I was prepared to spec them.
I'm quoting myself here. In turns out I DID see them again...and I DID like them more. So much so, this morning I went to my dealer and changed my order from the 21" Taycan Exclusive with jet black metallic to the RS Spyder rims. I had to see them on a car without the raised suspension due to the shipping blocks. It made a difference.

I also switched my colour from Dolomite Silver to Ice Grey.
Sponsored