Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
Tarifa to Nordkapp distance 5,989 kms in six days.
Nice to be home again. Definitely, it is plausible to travel through Europe with planning and preparation. Not as straight-forward as an ICE, and more stops required. However it has been highly rewarding to make my dream become a reality. I have estimated total charging to be approximately 1000€, compared to an estimated 4500€ It would have cost in my AMG E63S. When I tabulate all the data, I will post it here.
Thanks to everyone who has supported me with suggestions and encouragement.
Porsche Taycan Nordkapp to Madrid Day 14  Cognac to Madrid   Total distance road trip 12,210 kms EB9B6EC0-B62B-404A-A0AA-150CA560DD66
Sponsored

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Nice to be home again. Definitely, it is plausible to travel through Europe with planning and preparation. Not as straight-forward as an ICE, and more stops required. However it has been highly rewarding to make my dream become a reality. I have estimated total charging to be approximately 1000€, compared to an estimated 4500€ It would have cost in my AMG E63S. When I tabulate all the data, I will post it here.
EB9B6EC0-B62B-404A-A0AA-150CA560DD66.png
Well done!

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
Thanks for posting. Looking forward to your tabulated data.

OP
OP
Pozuelo

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Took me 90 minutes just for the first day… :headbang: Since I did not write everything down at each stop (to save time), I now must check photo of dash upon arrival and departure (on iMac), data from Ionity from My Porsche on iPhone, data from trips My Porsche on my iMac, insert data on my iPad in Numbers, data from credit cards or different apps or both depending on charger network… Hope to finalize by tomorrow evening… wife has several to-do’s reserved for me after 2 week absence:CWL:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pozuelo

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If I left today, I would shorten my trip time as ionity has finally opened in Sotogrande and Verdun Saint Nicolas Nord. These two would have allowed much shortened charging times on my Tarifa-Valencia and Wiesbaden-Cognac legs. The first one, as no chargers of even 100 kw/h were available in the vicinity. The second one would have eliminated the need to charge well above 90%.

OP
OP
Pozuelo

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Under a year and a half later, Ionity has opened quite a few new chargers. I have been following closely and am happy to report I would be able to reduce charging stop times between forty to ninety minutes daily, thus reducing the difference significantly between a fast charging 800V electric vehicle and combustion-engined one. Happy Taycan motoring thru the festive season.🎄🤶

mcr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
EB9B6EC0-B62B-404A-A0AA-150CA560DD66.png
Right time of the year to do this itinerary:) Looks like a fantastic trip.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Under a year and a half later, Ionity has opened quite a few new chargers. I have been following closely and am happy to report I would be able to reduce charging stop times between forty to ninety minutes daily, thus reducing the difference significantly between a fast charging 800V electric vehicle and combustion-engined one. Happy Taycan motoring thru the festive season.🎄🤶
Yes Ionity has increased their network quite a lot over the last years. However I can now see that they have underestimated the number of chargers in each location. There is now quite a bit of queuing at the stations. And unfortunately they have not designed in any space for parking while waiting, so there can be a bit of chaos.

And best of all for EV drivers is the development of new networks. There is a lot of them out there that also have very competitive pricing for Ultra fast chargers. It requires some time spent in trying to locate these Ultra chargers along a route. Then to investigate locations, numbers and pricing schemes. And it is NOT the established petrol companies that take the lead! It is mainly new organisations that have sprung up. The likes of Shell, BP, CircleK etc are best avoided at all cost, with extremely high pricing. Typically 30 to 50% above competition.
Ionity with Porsche Charging Service is such a great benefit for our Taycans still and others are more expensive.

Next hurdle to overcome though is all of these Walled Garden approach to payments, needing a lot of apps or rfid cards etc. whatever is wrong with the normal credit cards?
Sponsored