Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I saw this Norwegian test done in mild summer like weather. The same paper did a test during winter and showed very different range results. As a summary Taycan came out very well with a result of 475 km driven against a WLTP range of 450 km! I know it is written in a Viking language!

Link to the article:
https://www.motor.no/artikler/elbil-rekkeviddetest-direkte-sommer-2020/

Copy of summary:

Porsche Taycan Norwegian range test of 29 EV’s 1591949577187
Sponsored

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks Peter for posting this. The range on the Ampera E seemed amazing as that is the Chevy Bolt EV an I assume the 2020 with the 66kWh battery but even so the 522km range would say 4.8mi/kWh which I can get in the city but never see that with any noticeable fraction of freeway driving. I assumed they were on quite slow roads to get the kinds of ranges they were speaking of. I did not see any speed indicated in the article other than saying that they were all the same and that the majority of driving was city.

Seeing the Taycan with 475km / 300mi range makes me feel good.

OP
OP
Scandinavian

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Yes Ron, Norway have speed limits that are quite moderate compared to many countries. I believe max is 120 km/h (75 mph) on motorways and lower perhaps 80 or 90 on other roads. But as I have said before the scenery is so beautiful that you do not mind. And it is great for range in an EV as well any ICE car!

And they mainly drove on these types of roads. They state that had they driven more city driving the range would have been even longer.

Very positive result for all cars. None was lower that the WLTP, and that is of course simulated with 130 km/h driving, which is over the limit in Norway!

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Thank you! Hyundai Kona continues to surprise and impress. Not exactly my kind of car, but impressive from a company that doesn't seem to be touting its electric vehicles, at least not here in the US.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Which Taycan did they test? I couldn't find that info anywhere.

Also funny to see the iPace so high, that car is lucky to reach 350 km in real driving.

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Tesla Model S (for sale)
Country flag
They did test 4S. I guess with battery+.
Sponsored