4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
So I am conflicted on color combos and fighting with the wife about it. I think we've settled on Frozen Blue exterior and until I read that the chalk leather can pick up colors from your clothing (ie blue jeans), I was ready to conclude the exercise. I've had black interiors on all prior P-cars so wanted to lighten up, but no other light combinations seem to work with that exterior color (I am not a grandpa yet, so beige is out). Then I saw race-tex in blue and - cool! But I read on a different forum that while "environmentally friendly" it has a lot of plastic in it. Also, while I'd expect it to be more durable, some suggested leather is more so. I am so confused! Could I please hear from others that have been down this road already?
Sponsored

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
So I am conflicted on color combos and fighting with the wife about it. I think we've settled on Frozen Blue exterior and until I read that the chalk leather can pick up colors from your clothing (ie blue jeans), I was ready to conclude the exercise. I've had black interiors on all prior P-cars so wanted to lighten up, but no other light combinations seem to work with that exterior color (I am not a grandpa yet, so beige is out). Then I saw race-tex in blue and - cool! But I read on a different forum that while "environmentally friendly" it has a lot of plastic in it. Also, while I'd expect it to be more durable, some suggested leather is more so. I am so confused! Could I please hear from others that have been down this road already?

My dealer had a stunning Frozen Blue/Blue Race-Tex Turbo S when I picked my car up. It's certainly an attention-grabber. The Race-Tex is nearly identical to Alcantara. I went Silver w/red &black interior because I like the dash stitching of full leather. Also I don't think you can get ventilated seats with the Race-Tex so consider that as well.

Wakesurfer

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2023 YukonXL, 2024 Macan S
Country flag
My dealer had a stunning Frozen Blue/Blue Race-Tex Turbo S when I picked my car up. It's certainly an attention-grabber. The Race-Tex is nearly identical to Alcantara. I went Silver w/red &black interior because I like the dash stitching of full leather. Also I don't think you can get ventilated seats with the Race-Tex so consider that as well.
My car has race-Tex with ventilated seats. The seat and back inserts are not race-Tex but rather the 'ventilated' material. The race-Tex material is around the bolsters/edges of the seats.

OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
My car has race-Tex with ventilated seats. The seat and back inserts are not race-Tex but rather the 'ventilated' material. The race-Tex material is around the bolsters/edges of the seats.
would you recommend to others?

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
The Race Tex in blue in the perfect combo with Frozen Blue. Great choice

I really wish they did the Race-Tex like the GT3. Having it on the dash and the center seats in that Alcantara.

To spruce up the interior I would look into some of the exclusive option like B-Pillar in Race-Tex and the deep pile floor matts with Race-Tex edging.

Av0789

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5
Country flag
I have race tex interior and absolutely love it. It looks sporty and still keep the cabin luxurious IMO. I would order again on any future P-car.

terryS

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Bentley GTC
Country flag
I've had my MY 2020 or over a year and have over 10,000 mi on it. Frozen blue with gray race tex interior... Love it... No problems whatsoever. Very comfortable and I do have ventilated seats.

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 Turbo S, Cayenne Diesel, Cayenne E_Hybrid
Country flag
If you want chalk, I wouldn't worry too much about the discoloration. My wife has light tan leather (Umber, not Luxor) in her Cayenne and after 8 years and 100k miles there isn't any staining on there that hasn't wiped right off.
Sponsored