Notable Dealer/Service Taycan Expertise in New England?

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
From reading and personal experience, lack of Taycan and general EV knowledge is an issue at many Porsche dealerships and service departments. Are there any dealerships in the northeast whose service departments have notable Taycan expertise? (E.g two or more Taycan-trained service technicians). Is there any way to know this besides calling around or asking here?
Sponsored

dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla Model S, BMW i3
Country flag
While Porsche of Westwood only has one fully trained Taycan tech (Kevin), he's got a lot of experience with the car at this point (and remember - a ton of the Taycan is pretty easy for any of the techs to work on). They've done good diagnostic, recall and repair work on my car.

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche Nashua is also limited in quantity and being able to get service dates. However, I am the only one that I know of that has the 19.2kW on-board charger, which I had an issue with in the beginning, they fixed the charging issue as well as I have Plug-n-charge active now, which was said to not possible.
They may be slow on the trained techs, but they have always done right by me in the end, which is why I am not schlepping it around New England looking for another service dealer and taking the dates they can give me.
Just do me a favor, if you go there for service, purchase your car there! Matt and/or Tony will help you out on the sales front and let them know I sent you (happy to send you a PM).
I personally try to service at where I purchase as I believe that, there is a direct correlation to the amount of cars they sell and the amount of staff they can hire for service. I am by no means telling you what to do, but would just humbly ask if they are good enough to patron their service, I think they should be good enough to patron their sales dept.

OP
OP
satchurator

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Has anybody purchased from or have orders placed with Porsche of Burlington (MA)?

Interested to hear how the Taycan experience has been there.

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
'22 4CT, '22 Audi A6 Allroad, '23 BMW i4 M50
Country flag
Might be hopeless bumping this thread, given how few replies it received two years ago, but ...
... curious for any feedback on warranty work at New England dealers?

I made an appointment at Hoffman (East Hartford CT) for this:
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...n-now-available-at-your-porsche-center.17545/
... early in the morning on November 10, the first day a morning appointment was available.

I then sent a short email Tuesday night asking for confirmation that the parts will actually be available by then, and hoping that with a 6 hr TSB estimate that I'll be able to drive home that day (after arriving at 7:30).

After three whole business days, and after trying multiple service dept email addresses, I have yet to receive any reply. This also the same dealer whose sale manager would extensively ghost me back in February when I was asking about 4CT allocations. And then the internet sales person would not answer my q in August about an estimated time for receiving an allocation.

So I'm getting really nervous!
All the other dealers in MA, CT, and NH are further away from me. But if I can receive a reasonable assurance that they'll get it done in a day, then I'd prefer that over Hoffman, which so far is establishing a strong track record in not wanting my business!

Marmolata

First Name
RJS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Might be hopeless bumping this thread, given how few replies it received two years ago, but ...
... curious for any feedback on warranty work at New England dealers?

I made an appointment at Hoffman (East Hartford CT) for this:
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...n-now-available-at-your-porsche-center.17545/
... early in the morning on November 10, the first day a morning appointment was available.

I then sent a short email Tuesday night asking for confirmation that the parts will actually be available by then, and hoping that with a 6 hr TSB estimate that I'll be able to drive home that day (after arriving at 7:30).

After three whole business days, and after trying multiple service dept email addresses, I have yet to receive any reply. This also the same dealer whose sale manager would extensively ghost me back in February when I was asking about 4CT allocations. And then the internet sales person would not answer my q in August about an estimated time for receiving an allocation.

So I'm getting really nervous!
All the other dealers in MA, CT, and NH are further away from me. But if I can receive a reasonable assurance that they'll get it done in a day, then I'd prefer that over Hoffman, which so far is establishing a strong track record in not wanting my business!
have you picked up the telephone, and called them?

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
Country flag
No, and deliberately so: I want any reassurances in writing, and I'm using the email as a sort of test as to their responsiveness.

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
No, and deliberately so: I want any reassurances in writing, and I'm using the email as a sort of test as to their responsiveness.
I wouldn't hold my breath. Just let them know that you will be waiting... Next to the GM office. :)

agurkas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 CT4S, Volvo XC90, BMW X3
Country flag
I used to take my Cayman to Porsche of Nashua (I live in Boston), because my local PCA veterans told me to go there instead of Burlington. But that was 2007-2010. That dealership was also the only one in New England (from what I was told) with a Carrera GT-certified mechanic.
I am hoping for a while, I don't have to find out who has the best techs for Taycan.

dnigrin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Anyone have experience with Morong (Falmouth, Maine)? I have the dreaded heater issue and will likely need to bring it to them... @Jonathan S. hoping that I can get the same 6 hour servicing done that I read that you had down in CT....

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
Country flag
^ My impression from various accounts is that although the replacement process is quite lengthy, it is also relatively routine for anyone who has done it before, and definitely can be completed within a single service day. So it's all a matter of booking an appointment first thing in the morning, and hoping they really attend to it immediately. (Although given the extended period of warm weather we're having right now in New England, you could probably get away with waiting a while!)
Sponsored