poppap

First Name
Pop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan RWD (PNYVW213)
Country flag
As @whan mentioned, my car (production started July 2) was moved from Porsche Werk facility and arrived at Emden on September 22. Seriously hoped that it will get on Glovis Sun that is leaving on September 28 as I don’t want the car to be leaving under elements at the port for another month.
Sponsored

KoSoVaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Performance, M5 Comp
Country flag
I'm very much hoping my car gets on this next West Coast vessel. My production start was 7/19/22, 3 weeks after Popapp (his was 7/2). If I don't get the next one, it implies the 12V shortage is getting worse, not better at this point

Reasoning being that someone with production start of 6/24 made it on the last west coast bound vessel on August 26. This next West coast vessel is leaving September 28. If mine doesn't it would mean that mine didn't make it on the boat over 1 month after the 6/24 build, even though my build start wasn't a month after (7/19)
My start was 7/9 and completion on 7/21. My status hasn’t changed yet but I’m staying optimistic :)

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Tirismo 4
Country flag
My start was 7/9 and completion on 7/21. My status hasn’t changed yet but I’m staying optimistic :)
You are east coast right? Looks like only west coast moving so far.

KoSoVaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Performance, M5 Comp
Country flag
As @whan mentioned, my car (production started July 2) was moved from Porsche Werk facility and arrived at Emden on September 22. Seriously hoped that it will get on Glovis Sun that is leaving on September 28 as I don’t want the car to be leaving under elements at the port for another month.
You are east coast right? Looks like only west coast moving so far.
Correct, I’m Midwest (Chicago) but yes I believe they land on the east coast.

Edit: I definitely missed the Siem Confucius (left 9/24 per tracking). I’m hopeful based on some of these west coast build dates being similar to mine that I’ll get on the SFL Composer estimated to depart Emden on 9/30.

Last edited:
First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Volvo V60
Country flag
I feel like this forum is the only place where people will feel my pain!

Kermit was finished on July 29th and he has sat since then waiting for (I'm assuming) his 12V battery. Right now I have an "On Vessel" date of October 14th which makes me hope he gets on the SFL Conductor. TYD says delivery on November 18th (Denver), and my dealer told me November 8th.

I thought I could handle the delays. It's not like I don't have a car at all and am waiting for one. I was wrong. I'm not sure how much more of this I can take!

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
I'm hopeful mine gets on there too. I have a newly built 23 which should be done already. I have the same on vessel date but there is no vessel around that time other than the Conductor which leaves Emden 10/11.

Fingers and all other appendages crossed.

Dragonfly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
So bad news for me. Originally car supposed to be on vessel 10/14 and today TYD today shows on vessel pushed back to 11/4. Delivery now not until December…Car finished production 8/26. This is very very frustrating. I’m very close to cancelling this car. It has been 1 year since ordering this car and it has been delay after delay. Original car was wrecked in 03/2022 during crossing of Atlantic. Anyone else with change in status today???

Pinballplanet

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Panamera ST eHybrid, 1983 928 S - 5 speed
Country flag
So bad news for me. Originally car supposed to be on vessel 10/14 and today TYD today shows on vessel pushed back to 11/4. Delivery now not until December…Car finished production 8/26. This is very very frustrating. I’m very close to cancelling this car. It has been 1 year since ordering this car and it has been delay after delay. Original car was wrecked in 03/2022 during crossing of Atlantic. Anyone else with change in status today???
Yes. On vessel changed from 10/14 to 11/4. Delivery now showing as 11/25. Production completed 7/19. East Coast.

Dragonfly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Yes. On vessel changed from 10/14 to 11/4. Delivery now showing as 11/25. Production completed 7/19. East Coast.
so I’m wondering if this is 12V battery problem or Shipping delay issue…extremely annoying.

there is another forum member jld1 who had their car complete in 09/2022 with similar prior dates…wondering if delivery dates changed as well…

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
so I’m wondering if this is 12V battery problem or Shipping delay issue…extremely annoying.

there is another forum member jld1 who had their car complete in 09/2022 with similar prior dates…wondering if delivery dates changed as well…
Hey that's me. Is your car a MY23?

My dates have been steady. I'm now at the milestone of ready for transport, heading supposedly to Emden tomorrow to be shipped out 10/14.

Dragonfly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Hey that's me. Is your car a MY23?

My dates have been steady. I'm now at the milestone of ready for transport, heading supposedly to Emden tomorrow to be shipped out 10/14.
yes it is MY23…

wow that’s good news for you but very very frustrating for me….

doesn’t make sense to me at this point why your car would ship out and mine not given similar times of production and completion…

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
The only thing I can think of is that our cars are both at the same level of completeness, so it just comes down to shipping logistics. What port will your car be arriving at? I assume Davisville like mine, if you're out in Chi-town that's still got to be the closest one.

If it's a different port, that could explain why.

Or I just got lucky and mine is getting on the next ship out and it's too full to accommodate yours. I did place my order 1 year ago, lol.

Dragonfly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
The only thing I can think of is that our cars are both at the same level of completeness, so it just comes down to shipping logistics. What port will your car be arriving at? I assume Davisville like mine, if you're out in Chi-town that's still got to be the closest one.

If it's a different port, that could explain why.

Or I just got lucky and mine is getting on the next ship out and it's too full to accommodate yours. I did place my order 1 year ago, lol.
Arriving Davisville. Delivery to boston area.

I ordered the car 12/2022. First car destroyed On boat so new car ordered 04/2022…

you would think I should get some priority of sorts since first car was totaled….

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
Actually yea - I thought they were prioritizing the lost souls from the Felicity Ace. I just have to assume that they marked X number of cars for X number of available slots on the ship and yours fell to the next ship. Maybe they organize that geographically? Since I'm only about a 3 hour drive from Davisville. Doesn't really make a whole lot of sense, but what really else does...

Another thought is that my original order predates your replacement order, so that's why mine got shipping priority... but again, I thought they were pushing out replacement cars sooner than others. That being said, I was pushed back 3 months from my original August delivery, I should have a couple thousand miles on mine already! Maybe Porsche does have some sort of limitation in how much they can push back orders?