Now that the new car smell is gone - what fragrance / system you choose?

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
As the title says, the new car smell faded away - which is too bad :confused:. I liked the fragrance atomizer in the Mercedes, trying to find something similar to Porsche, but no luck so far. I see lots of plug-in diffusers, but they all seem to release a lot of vapor. Did anyone find something discrete? I was thinking of purchasing the Mercedes fragrance and figure out a way to incorporate it in the glove box or center console somehow.
Sponsored

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Bumping a very old thread here....

I must admit to having a bit of a thing for a nice smelling car.
I think it adds something when you open the door and it smells good.

I've been struggling of late trying to find something which is discreet in the car (I dislike the things that swing about and the Taycan has very few hanging points) and also smells good. Most air fresheners are awful imo.

So I've got high hopes for these. Just bought 2 and going to clip them on the rear vents.
They are metal and unscrew with a wick inside (you also get a few spares).

So I'm going to get some essential oils (ordered Oud and vetiver to start) and leave 2 soaking and rotate them.

Will also be able to keep changing the smell and be almost invisible.
Will see how it goes.....high hopes though.

Porsche Taycan Now that the new car smell is gone - what fragrance / system you choose? Screenshot_20230807_125442_Amazon Shoppin

Porsche Taycan Now that the new car smell is gone - what fragrance / system you choose? Screenshot_20230807_130846_Amazon Shoppin

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Interesting, looking forward to reading your update. BTW, for anyone who has dogs and likes essential oils, you need to be careful. Here is an article describing which oils are okay to use with dogs around and which ones are not... https://pupford.com/essential-oils-and-dogs/

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
Bumping a very old thread here....

I must admit to having a bit of a thing for a nice smelling car.
I think it adds something when you open the door and it smells good.

I've been struggling of late trying to find something which is discreet in the car (I dislike the things that swing about and the Taycan has very few hanging points) and also smells good. Most air fresheners are awful imo.

So I've got high hopes for these. Just bought 2 and going to clip them on the rear vents.
They are metal and unscrew with a wick inside (you also get a few spares).

So I'm going to get some essential oils (ordered Oud and vetiver to start) and leave 2 soaking and rotate them.

Will also be able to keep changing the smell and be almost invisible.
Will see how it goes.....high hopes though.

Screenshot_20230807_125442_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20230807_130846_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Oh I like this, will try myself thanks

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Oh I like this, will try myself thanks
£15 for 2 on a well known delivery website.
Will be interesting to see any recommendations on the scents from others on here.

I've already tried them with some old after shave and it's not really strong enough. Hence waiting for the essential oils to land.

The things are well made though and blend in well. Could almost be made for the rear vents.

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
£15 for 2 on a well known delivery website.
Will be interesting to see any recommendations on the scents from others on here.

I've already tried them with some old after shave and it's not really strong enough. Hence waiting for the essential oils to land.

The things are well made though and blend in well. Could almost be made for the rear vents.
I've bought a generic set, will try some and feed back too

e92er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I’ve been really happy with drift.co
Signed up for the every 3 week shipment and rotate which car I replace everytime since they easily last a month or more.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
None. My 2021 still smells new. The key to keeping new car/natural smell is: NO food, no drinks, no pets, no dirty/smelly clothing, no foreign heavy odor matter inside the cabin. Whenever I would have fresh food or take-out it always goes in one of the trunks - preferably the front.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Wet dog is slowly replacing my new car smell.
Not my favourite but I haven’t found any of the “normal suspects” to my liking, so I wait with interest for reports.

Jagu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4S
Country flag
None. My 2021 still smells new. The key to keeping new car/natural smell is: NO food, no drinks, no pets, no dirty/smelly clothing, no foreign heavy odor matter inside the cabin. Whenever I would have fresh food or take-out it always goes in one of the trunks - preferably the front.
Correct. Also add, no car wash service that use dirty damp rags to clean the interior and request no fragrance.