Isaac

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Macan GTS
Country flag
Hi Does anyone know what the blue 37 number is that seems to appear in the HUD above the adaptive cruise control projection? Seems to only appear on the move.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Isaac

Isaac

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Macan GTS
Country flag
Hi Does anyone know what the blue 37 number is that seems to appear in the HUD above the adaptive cruise control projection? Seems to only appear on the move.
To add to the note above here it is:

Porsche Taycan Number 37 appearing in HUD occasionally ED8E0075-1A1A-4D94-BF74-E1C18AAC700A

Smithy37

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 991.2 C4 GTS. Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
To add to the note above here it is:

ED8E0075-1A1A-4D94-BF74-E1C18AAC700A.jpeg
I have adaptive cruise and the HUD. Is that not the speed limit of the cruise control you have set?

If not, I’ll take a look at mine when I’m next out and report back.

OP
OP
Isaac

Isaac

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Macan GTS
Country flag
I got the "blue limit" also and found out that it's when innodrive is active : it's the next limit to be applied to innodrive
Hi Tim Thanks very much for your note. The thing is that we don't have a 37 speed limit in the UK...30 or 40 yes but not 37. I saw it again yesterday and I do have a feeling that it is something to do with a change in the speed limit as I was moving from one speed limit area to another at the time.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
The system is confusing kph & mph.

37 miles per hour is 60 kilometers per hour. So, you probably have a 60 kph limit, but it decided to convert that for you.

Taycant

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo MY21
Country flag
The system is confusing kph & mph.

37 miles per hour is 60 kilometers per hour. So, you probably have a 60 kph limit, but it decided to convert that for you.
Consider UK operates on mph doubtful.

Do you have a limiter set on your ACC by accident?

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Consider UK operates on mph doubtful.

Do you have a limiter set on your ACC by accident?
Even though the US also works on mph, a bug that @louv discovered last year which has not been fixed by Porsche is that in my US Taycan when it is not actively routing to a destination, the right binnacle still displays the destination field in km (not miles). Sometimes the voice on my nav/satnav also calls out km instead of miles, so the system does mix up metric and imperial from time to time.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Even though the US also works on mph, a bug that @louv discovered last year which has not been fixed by Porsche is that in my US Taycan when it is not actively routing to a destination, the right binnacle still displays the destination field in km (not miles). Sometimes the voice on my nav/satnav also calls out km instead of miles, so the system does mix up metric and imperial from time to time.
Looks like Porsche is doing the same with the Max permissable load value! Mixing up kgs and pounds. So nothing new .

Last edited:

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Mixing up miles and kilometers in an autopilot can lead to very bad results.
Especially on Mars.

OP
OP
Isaac

Isaac

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Macan GTS
Country flag
Mixing up miles and kilometers in an autopilot can lead to very bad results.
Especially on Mars.
Hi Ok so here is some more on this mysterious number that appears in the HUD as in the picture below. This is clearly related to the car sensing that it is moving to a new speed limit area. And as far as I can see it only works when Innodrive is engaged and probably when you have set a destination in the sat nav. I thought initially that the number 37 always appeared but having studied it today I actually think it is measuring the distance to the speed limit change location and probably in metres. It definitely does not refer to the speed limit itself. Today as I went towards a 30 mph speed area the HUD flashed up 19. Since 30 mph is 48 kmh it is clearly not 30mph in kmh. But when I saw it the sign was around 19 metres away.

This is all complicated by the fact that the car does not always accurately pinpoint the change in speed limit and can be out by quite a few metres meaning that sometimes you see this number after you have passed the new speed limit sign.

Nothing in the manual about this - I just received it 3 months after the car was delivered.

Hope this is helpful.

Porsche Taycan Number 37 appearing in HUD occasionally 1610060385841
Sponsored