It’s here (no longer “Nuts delivery estimate”)

SteveGTS

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan on order
Country flag
I was told by my SA here in SoCal that they had allocations taken away from them (temporarily) AND new orders can’t be placed because the wiring harnesses are being made in Ukraine. He did not know whether that has slowed production or completely stopped it for a period. Anybody hear anything similar?
I was told by my salesman that the wiring harness production has now been moved to a facility in N Africa.
Sponsored

Teufel Hund

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan Turbo IGM
Country flag
I was told by my salesman that the wiring harness production has now been moved to a facility in N Africa.
well that’s good to know. Feel horribly for the people of Ukraine but glad to hear that Porsche and most likely so many others are finding solutions and alternatives.

OP
OP
Sand dancer

Sand dancer

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 996 turbo S, Taycan Spt Tur due Jan '23
Country flag
The account dealer has confirmed it’s on for a Dec ‘22 delivery into Porsche Cambridge.

get in ya dancer 😎

GlasgowChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F-Type V8
Country flag
Ordering a Porsche seemed straight forward but is having more twists than a cut snake.

Having had it confirmed a few days ago it would be 19 months before delivery, I’ve just had an email telling me that my “timing is immaculate” and I’ve got a build slot in November.

I am confirming it is Nov 22 (not 23) but assuming it is Nov 22 this should mean I take receipt well within the 19 months.

Nuts but at least it’s positive
IF you've managed to get that you've done amazing trust me!! I ordered a Cross Turismo Turbo S in November last year and just got a build slot in November this year!! So i think you should be delighted! :)

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
I was just at Porsche local dealer here in Canada last week, salesman said any Taycan would be 6 month wait. I think he was lying a bit.

OP
OP
Sand dancer

Sand dancer

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 996 turbo S, Taycan Spt Tur due Jan '23
Country flag
IF you've managed to get that you've done amazing trust me!! I ordered a Cross Turismo Turbo S in November last year and just got a build slot in November this year!! So i think you should be delighted! :)
I am absolutely over the moon, just surprised at how much movement there is in the dates. At 19 mths deliver I was seriously considering pulling the plug on it.

Porsche-Guru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, BMW 535, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi folks,

My first post on this site as just getting into the Taycan spirit of Porsche as currently a porker owner here in the UK.

I’ve just ordered a volcano grey RWD 93kWh Sport Turismo through Zenith who are my company’s nominated employee car scheme agent.

They have just sent me an email to excitedly let me know my order is placed and the estimated deliver is Jan 2024.

The local Porsche dealer at Reading has stated 8-10mths for my spec which I built with them c. 3wks ago before ordering via Zenith.

I have gone back to Zenith questioning whether they meant to say 2023 instead of 2024. Really hoping it’s a typo 🙏

Does a near 19 month delivery time seem credible for those who are more in tune with the Porsche ordering and build system?
I placed an order ( through salary sacrifice scheme via employers leasing company) for a 4S on 09 June.
Expected delivery date is Sep 2023, with caveat that it may shift to Nov 2023.

This was through the Arnold Clark Group… who are supposedly a large leasing business.

Edwos

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST 4S and 992 C2S Coupe
Country flag
So I confirmed my order this week via a leasing agent, one that I have never used before. My usual agent quoted 20 months for the Taycan but the company I went with quotes April 2023, 9-10 months from now (which ties in nicely with the end of the lease on my Range Rover). I just cant understand the difference and being as skeptical as I am, I just wonder if the leasing agent is telling me what I want to hear. He tells me that Porsche today confirm 'April 23' so I need to keep the faith but it'll really p1ss me off if I get to April and they tell me i'm another several months away from taking delivery.
We all get the problems. We all understand high demand, limited supply, war in Ukraine (and bless those in Ukraine), and in no way am I complaining, and I realise this is a first world problem, HOWEVER, I simply do not comprehend how a global powerhouse such as the VW/Audi Group can not give a credible lead time that is true, honest and reflective of what they know at this moment in time.
Maybe the car arrives April, maybe its late, maybe its early, but in todays world, knowing what we know, surely give or take a month, suppliers should know their production capacity........

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
So I confirmed my order this week via a leasing agent, one that I have never used before. My usual agent quoted 20 months for the Taycan but the company I went with quotes April 2023, 9-10 months from now (which ties in nicely with the end of the lease on my Range Rover). I just cant understand the difference and being as skeptical as I am, I just wonder if the leasing agent is telling me what I want to hear. He tells me that Porsche today confirm 'April 23' so I need to keep the faith but it'll really p1ss me off if I get to April and they tell me i'm another several months away from taking delivery.
We all get the problems. We all understand high demand, limited supply, war in Ukraine (and bless those in Ukraine), and in no way am I complaining, and I realise this is a first world problem, HOWEVER, I simply do not comprehend how a global powerhouse such as the VW/Audi Group can not give a credible lead time that is true, honest and reflective of what they know at this moment in time.
Maybe the car arrives April, maybe its late, maybe its early, but in todays world, knowing what we know, surely give or take a month, suppliers should know their production capacity........
That's complete bs because as we know, even the dealers don't know.

Your lease agent gets a commission for every deal.

You might now understand why he said what he said. And when April 2023 doesn't happen, and it won't, how convenient: "It wasn't him, it was Porsche"...

Here's a more accurate prediction: it will get the April 2023 and you'll be pissed off.

I deposited direct with Porsche (Sytner dealer) early February for a GTS ST. Was told a predicted delivery date of "12-15 months". That's no doubt slid. At the time, Reading and Hatfield we're predicting 18+ months. My dealer contacted me last month and all I was told is "allocations are expected end of this year".

I'm now shopping for a temporary company car to give you some idea of when I expect delivery...

Edwos

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST 4S and 992 C2S Coupe
Country flag
It's not a total surprise to read your message, and in no way do I want to be seen as gullible. I can do no more than receive an email from the agent saying that delivery is April 23 but as you say, they will only 'blame' Porsche as and when April comes and goes, and I still have no car. I dont particularly want to be extending my RR lease for any longer than necessary (P11d) yet I dont want to be short term leasing another car either if I can help it. Just wish I had some honesty, transparency and integrity from the agent, but that would simply be naive of me.......

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's not a total surprise to read your message, and in no way do I want to be seen as gullible. I can do no more than receive an email from the agent saying that delivery is April 23 but as you say, they will only 'blame' Porsche as and when April comes and goes, and I still have no car. I dont particularly want to be extending my RR lease for any longer than necessary (P11d) yet I dont want to be short term leasing another car either if I can help it. Just wish I had some honesty, transparency and integrity from the agent, but that would simply be naive of me.......
Worst case you have the following options for EV rentals to cover any gap between your current lease and the next one:
  • ONTO
  • ELMO
  • Pivotal (min 3 months)
  • Cupra (Born model only, min 3 months, though currently in trial and might be withdrawn by next year)
  • Mocean (Hyundai, though only Nero's or standard Ioniq available, terrible marketing so few know it even exists - good for availability)

Volvo also provide EV subscriptions, but there is no availability.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
I had a chance conversation a couple of days ago with someone involved in the delivery of automotive supply chains. Apparently things are only going to get worse, especially for EVs. One major manufacturer is having to build pop up garages to store engines that can’t be put into cars until they have the wiring harnesses to put in first.

I am not sure what this means for all of your Taycans on order… we will see.

Reactions: Pag

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I had a chance conversation a couple of days ago with someone involved in the delivery of automotive supply chains. Apparently things are only going to get worse, especially for EVs. One major manufacturer is having to build pop up garages to store engines that can’t be put into cars until they have the wiring harnesses to put in first.

I am not sure what this means for all of your Taycans on order… we will see.
It will get worse. The ID3 is only available in one model configuration. All the others were withdrawn.

MG has stopped taking orders where lead times were approaching 2 years.

Even EV rental services like ONTO are getting ridiculous. This morning I received an email notification that their ID3 was available again. Within minutes it had been booked by someone!

I suspect other manufacturers will follow, either reducing trim levels to one, or not even taking orders any more.

Luxury marques like Porsche I don't think will have this problem as they first, have bigger margins so can pay more for materials; and second, don't have the sales volumes of more affordable brands.

However, I expect the energy crisis to worsen in Germany, which does not bode well for manufacturing.

So we will see...

Reactions: Pag

Jay_Walking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90
Country flag
I was told by my SA here in SoCal that they had allocations taken away from them (temporarily) AND new orders can’t be placed because the wiring harnesses are being made in Ukraine. He did not know whether that has slowed production or completely stopped it for a period. Anybody hear anything similar?
I was told something similar by the dealer, circa 1 month ago, that was supplying my CT4S here in the UK. I ordered via a Company Car scheme in Feb 2022 with a delivery time 11 months later. I asked some specific questions:

1) Has production slowed or stopped?
His answer was it has not completely stopped - but it was at a (quote) 'very slow crawl'. The reason was the wiring harness.

2) What was the lead-time for new orders?
When I ordered, via the Company lease provider, it was 52 weeks. It is now 70 weeks. The Porsche dealer advised me that new car orders placed with them are now being quoted at between 15 and 18 months and rising.

3) Was I still likely to have delivery on/around the original date?
The answer was (quote) 'At the moment it seems unlikely. We're still 9 months away and thing's (sic) can change quickly'.

4) What is their allocation for a CT4S and where was I in the queue for a CT4S?
They did not have any allocations but were hoping to get their numbers later this year and I was... wait for it.. nearly number 50 in the queue for a CT4S!

I spoke to the leasing company as I really didn't think I was going to get the car until Q4 2023 at the very earliest.

So....

I cancelled the CT4S order! Yep, cancelled!! There was no cancellation fee - which made it slightly easier to swallow.

I'm quite sad about it tbh. First ever new car in 35 years of car ownership, first ever performance car, first ever Porsche...

I went for an alternative car that the leasing company had available and in stock. It arrives, on my driveway, next week.

I'll now look at a Taycan 1.5/2 years into my 3 year lease to see what the situation is - and then order again. By that time there may well be an 'updated' model. Once I've got the Porsche out of my system I'll go back to a 'normal' car like the Ioniq5 (which just happens to be the love child of the Mk1 Golf GTi and the Lancia Delta Integrale Evo - my 2 all-time favourite cars).

Staying a member to get insanely jealous when reading of people, spec'ing, ordering, getting close to delivery, taking delivery and then seeing the pics. You lucky, lucky *!*&%!%*!£^*!*!s... :)

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I'll now look at a Taycan 1.5/2 years into my 3 year lease to see what the situation is - and then order again. By that time there may well be an 'updated' model. Once I've got the Porsche out of my system I'll go back to a 'normal' car like the Ioniq5 (which just happens to be the love child of the Mk1 Golf GTi and the Lancia Delta Integrale Evo - my 2 all-time favourite cars).
I'm sad for you- would you consider now putting down a deposit as a direct customer, to get you an option in line for those timescales? (I admit I don't know how that would work with a view to leasing then)

The Ioniq looks to me very like a modernised Integrale (I know it's meant to be a Pony, but all are Giugiaro-styled). I may have been tempted if they did them in yellow (I had an Integrale Evo 2 in that colour for 20-odd years).
Sponsored

Last edited: