It’s here (no longer “Nuts delivery estimate”)

Teufel Hund

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan Turbo IGM
Country flag
I was told something similar by the dealer, circa 1 month ago, that was supplying my CT4S here in the UK. I ordered via a Company Car scheme in Feb 2022 with a delivery time 11 months later. I asked some specific questions:

1) Has production slowed or stopped?
His answer was it has not completely stopped - but it was at a (quote) 'very slow crawl'. The reason was the wiring harness.

2) What was the lead-time for new orders?
When I ordered, via the Company lease provider, it was 52 weeks. It is now 70 weeks. The Porsche dealer advised me that new car orders placed with them are now being quoted at between 15 and 18 months and rising.

3) Was I still likely to have delivery on/around the original date?
The answer was (quote) 'At the moment it seems unlikely. We're still 9 months away and thing's (sic) can change quickly'.

4) What is their allocation for a CT4S and where was I in the queue for a CT4S?
They did not have any allocations but were hoping to get their numbers later this year and I was... wait for it.. nearly number 50 in the queue for a CT4S!

I spoke to the leasing company as I really didn't think I was going to get the car until Q4 2023 at the very earliest.

So....

I cancelled the CT4S order! Yep, cancelled!! There was no cancellation fee - which made it slightly easier to swallow.

I'm quite sad about it tbh. First ever new car in 35 years of car ownership, first ever performance car, first ever Porsche...

I went for an alternative car that the leasing company had available and in stock. It arrives, on my driveway, next week.

I'll now look at a Taycan 1.5/2 years into my 3 year lease to see what the situation is - and then order again. By that time there may well be an 'updated' model. Once I've got the Porsche out of my system I'll go back to a 'normal' car like the Ioniq5 (which just happens to be the love child of the Mk1 Golf GTi and the Lancia Delta Integrale Evo - my 2 all-time favourite cars).

Staying a member to get insanely jealous when reading of people, spec'ing, ordering, getting close to delivery, taking delivery and then seeing the pics. You lucky, lucky *!*&%!%*!£^*!*!s... :)
Ahhhh balls! That’s really too bad. Sorry to hear that your dream car is not within reach for a few years. This is definitely a 1st world problem for all of us but nonetheless disappointing when we all work hard for the ability to acquire Taycans and such.
I do feel bad for gents in the UK and the rest of Europe for your ridiculous lead times. I’ve always heard, and the SA confirmed this, that there are more Porches sold and driven in Southern CA than the rest of the world combined. So, for the larger dealerships here allocations are not really an issue.
Here’s hoping works out for you sooner rather than later.
Cheers.
Sponsored

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
Ahhhh balls! That’s really too bad. Sorry to hear that your dream car is not within reach for a few years. This is definitely a 1st world problem for all of us but nonetheless disappointing when we all work hard for the ability to acquire Taycans and such.
I do feel bad for gents in the UK and the rest of Europe for your ridiculous lead times. I’ve always heard, and the SA confirmed this, that there are more Porches sold and driven in Southern CA than the rest of the world combined. So, for the larger dealerships here allocations are not really an issue.
Cheers.
On the plus side, we aren’t charged crazy dealer mark ups on a build allocation!

AGDunc

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Sprinter 4x4 Camper
Country flag
I ordered a GTS through a company lease scheme in April (through a company called Tusker) and have recently received a December build slot, which was in line with what I was quoted when I placed the order.

I know a lot of people on here say that personal orders are prioritised but 9 months is on the low end of what I’ve seen anybody say they are waiting, especially for a GTS

Edwos

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST 4S and 992 C2S Coupe
Country flag
I ordered a GTS through a company lease scheme in April (through a company called Tusker) and have recently received a December build slot, which was in line with what I was quoted when I placed the order.

I know a lot of people on here say that personal orders are prioritised but 9 months is on the low end of what I’ve seen anybody say they are waiting, especially for a GTS
That’s great news, AGDunc, and it just adds more of a mystery to the state of play. We are all being told such differing ‘realities’ with the position of allocations and lead times. My leasing agent that tells me April 23 delivery says this week he has confirmation from Porsche. I’m not so sure and therefore have asked him to evidence his comments. We shall see. I suppose nothing is firm until the build slot is actually declared.

Jay_Walking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90
Country flag
I'm sad for you- would you consider now putting down a deposit as a direct customer, to get you an option in line for those timescales? (I admit I don't know how that would work with a view to leasing then)

The Ioniq looks to me very like a modernised Integrale (I know it's meant to be a Pony, but all are Giugiaro-styled). I may have been tempted if they did them in yellow (I had an Integrale Evo 2 in that colour for 20-odd years).
I'll be unlikely to put down a deposit as the lease runs for 3 years and the only way out of it is to leave the company I work for. The lease company manage all the logistics of a change of vehicle at the end of the lease and will time the arrival of the new one with the end of the lease. Works out pretty good.

I wouldn't buy one as I've never been one to pay big money for a really nice car. I'm happy to buy a high mileage (as in between 20K and 40K miles) 1yr to 2yr old car, for up to £45k, and then keep it for 5 years or more.

Leasing the Taycan worked out very cheap - just over £700 per month, no deposit and fully maintained - so went for it. No brainer at that cost.

Jay_Walking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90
Country flag
Cheers.
Definitely 1st world issues. All it means is I'll wait a little longer.

The volume of Taycans that can be produced, and the volume sold in the US was always going to mean a smaller allocation to the UK - and that did come into my thinking too.

Jay_Walking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90
Country flag

That is really interesting - as I placed, and then cancelled, via Tusker too.

When I placed my order (~2 months before you, and before the war in the Ukraine) the lead time on the Tusker site was 50 weeks - and the Porsche dealer emailed to 'confirm' a scheduled delivery of March 2023 (with no build date).

The Tusker site has, for at least 6 weeks, shown a lead time of 70 weeks for all Taycans - but the Porsche dealer themselves were suggesting a longer lead time.

Maybe the GTS has shorter lead times than a CT4S. When I went to my local dealer (not the supplying dealer) in Feb 2022 he said there was a significant wait for a CT4S of at least 12 months - but he did mention that there was a new Sport Tourismo coming and also another version (which may have been the GTS) - and these could have shorter lead times due to a near-empty order book.

I hope, for you, that your dates work out - and looking forward to hear of your journey and then see some pics!

Porsche-Guru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, BMW 535, Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'll be unlikely to put down a deposit as the lease runs for 3 years and the only way out of it is to leave the company I work for. The lease company manage all the logistics of a change of vehicle at the end of the lease and will time the arrival of the new one with the end of the lease. Works out pretty good.

I wouldn't buy one as I've never been one to pay big money for a really nice car. I'm happy to buy a high mileage (as in between 20K and 40K miles) 1yr to 2yr old car, for up to £45k, and then keep it for 5 years or more.

Leasing the Taycan worked out very cheap - just over £700 per month, no deposit and fully maintained - so went for it. No brainer at that cost.
£700 seems to be very low. I believe that this number is your net salary sacrifice, but still seems very low.
What is the configurator cost of your spec?

I have just ordered a 4S through company lease, but my monthly cost is £990 (net salary sacrifice). Would you mind sharing your basic spec/ configurator build cost?
thanks.

Jay_Walking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90
Country flag
£700 seems to be very low. I believe that this number is your net salary sacrifice, but still seems very low.
What is the configurator cost of your spec?

I have just ordered a 4S through company lease, but my monthly cost is £990 (net salary sacrifice). Would you mind sharing your basic spec/ configurator build cost?
thanks.
It was actually £711 per month. It's low because it's a Salary Sacrifice under the Electric Car Benefit Scheme.

The Gross 'Sacrificed' amount was £1,800 per month - but the way the taxation system works in the UK meant that the 'net' cost to me ended up being quite low.

I did a comparison in Excel of my pre-sacrifice/current 'in the bank / take home' pay versus what I would have 'in the bank / take home' after Salary Sacrifice and increased pension contributions - and after all the relevant NI and Tax deductions, and the BIK tax, it was £711 per month net. I even had the company tax advisers check it as it did seem to be low and they confirmed my numbers.

If I had opted to lease the car outside the company scheme it would have cost £1,100 per month out of my 'in the back / take home' pay. That's the good thing about the UK's Electric Car Benefit Scheme.

Porsche-Guru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, BMW 535, Taycan 4S
Country flag
It was actually £711 per month. It's low because it's a Salary Sacrifice under the Electric Car Benefit Scheme.

The Gross 'Sacrificed' amount was £1,800 per month - but the way the taxation system works in the UK meant that the 'net' cost to me ended up being quite low.

I did a comparison in Excel of my pre-sacrifice/current 'in the bank / take home' pay versus what I would have 'in the bank / take home' after Salary Sacrifice and increased pension contributions - and after all the relevant NI and Tax deductions, and the BIK tax, it was £711 per month net. I even had the company tax advisers check it as it did seem to be low and they confirmed my numbers.

If I had opted to lease the car outside the company scheme it would have cost £1,100 per month out of my 'in the back / take home' pay. That's the good thing about the UK's Electric Car Benefit Scheme.
Hi,
Thanks for the detail.
I too am in the UK and have ordered a cor through the salary sacrifice scheme, so aware of the tax deductions, etc and understand that the net take home hit is considerable low compared to actually leasing it privately.

Would you mind sharing your build cost? How much is your car build cost (approx) if you had bought it from Porsche? Basically, what is the actual sale price of your build?

Reason I am enquiring is that I have a lease cost of nearly £1,000 and my car price is about £104,000.
I have a 3 year lease, 15,000 miles an annum.
Includes service, maintenance and insurance.

What I wanted to understand is what is your car price against the £700?

I appreciate that your tax rebate is likely higher, so the savings may be more… but a £300 cheaper figure got me thinking.… Is my leasing company charging me too much?

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag

The account dealer has confirmed it’s on for a Dec ‘22 delivery into Porsche Cambridge.

get in ya dancer 😎
I'd be slightly suspicious of this if I were you guys. It may be spot on, but...

You are being advised of build slots 6mths out. I don't think my dealer has been made aware of any yet (not spoken to them for a few weeks though) and UK deliveries and build slots for people that ordered on or before release day are barely trickling through at the moment.

So either the lease companies are getting favourable treatment from the factory, dealers are getting more build slots than we are hearing on here or your lease companies aren't being straight.

I'm due to contact my dealer in the next week or so to get an extended test in their GTS ST demonstrator and will ask where they are with build slots. Maybe the movement of the harness factory has opened things up a fair bit, or Porsche have found other ways to speed up production. But I doubt we wouldn't have heard a lot of positive stories on here if that was the case?

Sand Dancer - the position on ST models is worse on the GTS...delivery timelines for an ST over a saloon are a good bit longer.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
I'd be slightly suspicious of this if I were you guys. It may be spot on, but...

You are being advised of build slots 6mths out. I don't think my dealer has been made aware of any yet (not spoken to them for a few weeks though) and UK deliveries and build slots for people that ordered on or before release day are barely trickling through at the moment.

So either the lease companies are getting favourable treatment from the factory, dealers are getting more build slots than we are hearing on here or your lease companies aren't being straight.

I'm due to contact my dealer in the next week or so to get an extended test in their GTS ST demonstrator and will ask where they are with build slots. Maybe the movement of the harness factory has opened things up a fair bit, or Porsche have found other ways to speed up production. But I doubt we wouldn't have heard a lot of positive stories on here if that was the case?

Sand Dancer - the position on ST models is worse on the GTS...delivery timelines for an ST over a saloon are a good bit longer.
We can all speculate on this one - but we will only really know when it is delivered, or not. I would be surprised if you get it as promised - I am sure you will keep us posted!
Sponsored