October Deliveries

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
That looks superb, @Sir Very much like my spec (Dolomite, RS Spyder rims), but on a RWD Saloon. Hope you enjoy it.

KoSoVaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Performance, M5 Comp
Country flag
Grand Battery Theory™ proven?

Congrats @Sir!
can’t believe it but I think a sample size of 1doesn’t prove it yet ! You’re certainly on track. But nonetheless excited for people but big disappointment in Porsche.

OP
OP
jld1

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
Dealer said my new ETA is 11/25. TYD didn't change though. I wonder what boat that puts me on? I knew October wasn't happening anyway, but damn. I was hoping closer to the beginning of next month...

Jsuo19

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7
Country flag
Dealer said my new ETA is 11/25. TYD didn't change though. I wonder what boat that puts me on? I knew October wasn't happening anyway, but damn. I was hoping closer to the beginning of next month...
well that means I’m definitely not seeing mine until December…

Cooper63

First Name
Cooper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (2022)
Country flag
If we're going by the pwl.de posted Glovis & VW Export schedules, there are no US Westcoast bound vessels for October. The next one on their schedule for Emden on 11/2/2022 (Glovis Sigma) for Emden Nov 1, 2022 --

However, there are NYK RORO schedules that could come into play for US Westcoast this month (San Diego only for VW/Audi/Porsche). They're subject to port inducement which just means, if there are enough cars, then they will come pick up.

https://www.nykroro.com/customer/schedules.html - Current Westbound Schedule as of October 7th
  • Altair Leader - Emden 18-Oct, San Diego 11-Nov
  • Dionysis Leader - Emden 21-Oct, San Diego 14-Nov
  • Volans Leader - Emden 5-Nov, San Diego 27-Nov
Keep in mind, these routes do not go to Benecia. I'm waiting for a car thats going to Porsche Irvine. And "subject to port inducement" could mean they do not come at all.

My Timeline if it helps someone here.

Completed
  • 8/23 Schedule for Production
  • 9/28 Production Started
  • 10/5 Production Complete
  • 10/6 Transport to Emden
  • 10/7 At Emden port
Expected dates not completed
  • 10/14 - On vessel
  • 11/11 - Port of San Diego
  • 11/18 - Arrival at Porsche Dealership (Irvine)
Take it all with a grain of salt. Most of the posts here have been therapeutic at best -- keeping the the forum busy as a support group vs pestering our dealerships (Honestly why I think TYD was even setup).

From the countless threads from month to month, the common thread has been:
  • TYD is not accurate
  • 12V batteries have spun everyone for a loop, no one knows anything besides, there is a delay.
  • Recent builds may or may not have batteries, but some (myself included) have moved to the port a lot faster than past months builds but TYD maybe inaccurate so... This means nothing. :CWL:
  • We all want our cars
  • Porsche is better than ______.
Anyway -- I hope everyone gets their cars soon and I'm sure this adds another glimmer of hope... I guess thats why we're here. Looking.. for that glimmer..
Dionysos Leader is making its way to Emdon now.

glorypursuit

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
'23 CT4 (11/23), 991.2 GT3, 3.2 Carrera, Model X
Country flag
Dionysos Leader is making its way to Emdon now.
Altair Leader will also be there at the same time. 2 Westcoast (So Cal) bound vessels. Looking like they will be in San Diego around Nov 13 & 14.

New NYK Sailing schedule here:
https://www.nykroro.com/documents/RTW-AFCON/RTWwk41.pdf

Probably should be posted in the November thread -- Or how about we revive (create a new) Waiting Room thread since all these months mean nothing with all the delays.

spicyypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ordered)
Country flag
My October ETA delivery date has come and gone.

Porsche Taycan October Deliveries IMG_0171
Porsche Taycan October Deliveries IMG_0172

Oddly enough, TYD still shows 10/14 - not sure why I wasn't given a November or December ETA like others on here. Dealer says that his system shows my Taycan's status is undergoing Quality Action - he thought this was software updates at first, but it most likely still hasn't received the 12V battery and still stuck at the Benicia destination port on the West Coast.

Jsuo19

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7
Country flag
Well I’m now mid December TYD just updated and it’s been pushed back another month….

OP
OP
jld1

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
I think what's happening now is that there's too many cars for the ships. Hence we are all complete and now waiting to get out of the factory... 😒

Harbor_Dawg

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 90D; 2020 Porsche GT4; Ram 1500
Country flag
My October ETA delivery date has come and gone.

IMG_0171.jpeg
IMG_0172.jpeg

Oddly enough, TYD still shows 10/14 - not sure why I wasn't given a November or December ETA like others on here. Dealer says that his system shows my Taycan's status is undergoing Quality Action - he thought this was software updates at first, but it most likely still hasn't received the 12V battery and still stuck at the Benicia destination port on the West Coast.
You are not alone. My car has been sitting at Benicia since 9/2. Current ETA to dealer keeps slipping and just went from 10/14 to 11/4. Here is an excerpt from the dealership manager’s response to my request for some answers:

“The Port Action is a code they’ve never seen before, so they’ve inquired with the factory on what it is for, but as of now, we have no idea what the Port Action is, or an ETA on when it’ll be lifted. We were able to figure out that it’s not being held at Port because of the Burmester loud speaker like we originally thought, but it does mean that we still don’t know why it is being held.”

I’ll let you know if I can extract anything more specific. Thought about the 12v battery, but I’m not sure the cars can be driven on and off the shop without it…

spicyypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ordered)
Country flag
You are not alone. My car has been sitting at Benicia since 9/2. Current ETA to dealer keeps slipping and just went from 10/14 to 11/4. Here is an excerpt from the dealership manager’s response to my request for some answers:

“The Port Action is a code they’ve never seen before, so they’ve inquired with the factory on what it is for, but as of now, we have no idea what the Port Action is, or an ETA on when it’ll be lifted. We were able to figure out that it’s not being held at Port because of the Burmester loud speaker like we originally thought, but it does mean that we still don’t know why it is being held.”

I’ll let you know if I can extract anything more specific. Thought about the 12v battery, but I’m not sure the cars can be driven on and off the shop without it…
My ETA on TYD has also been updated to 11/04.

I saw a post on Rennlist, the OP there has same 11/04 dates as us but his car apparently just exited Quality Action and has entered PDI, so hopefully ours are moving forward as well.

Harbor_Dawg

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 90D; 2020 Porsche GT4; Ram 1500
Country flag
My ETA on TYD has also been updated to 11/04.

I saw a post on Rennlist, the OP there has same 11/04 dates as us but his car apparently just exited Quality Action and has entered PDI, so hopefully ours are moving forward as well.
Maybe we will see them before Christmas!
Sponsored