OP
jld1

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
I really cursed myself with that comment. I should have known better than to tempt the Porsche gods. My dates just got pushed back 3 weeks. Delivery now says 11/4.

This has happened before and it's changed back, but I don't know if that's the case again, since we're so close to production starting...

Porsche Taycan October Deliveries ralph

EDIT: I have to think something off here because the delay is in transit from Zuffenhausen to Emden. It went from a 1 week trip to ... a full month??? That doesn't make sense. If anything I'd think it would be held at Emden, but that step didn't change the timing.
Sponsored

minstril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
My dates just scooted forward and make a bit more sense now. Allegedly it departed to Emden today, with Arrival at emden and on vessel now showing 10/14, with an estimated arrival at my west coast dealer of 11/18. Based on this, it may be that my car will be chilling for a month waiting for a battery before getting on a boat.

OP
OP
jld1

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
I'm wondering: what's the reason the transportation from Zuff-->Emden takes that long? If the battery issue is held at port, then it shouldn't delay the travel time between the factory and the port, no? Unless now there's a train worker strike in Germany now too!?

minstril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
I think I remember seeing other folks report that their cars were waiting in limbo after “leaving” Zuff, but they were just chilling at a nearby holding area. Others just sat at the port. At this point nothing will surprise me, but seeing that my arrival date at Emden and “on vessel” date are identical, I’m going to assume they’re still not concrete. All I know for sure is that my car is built and has a VIN.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
I think the updated 10/14 on vessel date is just another placeholder date, like the 11/4 one was previously. Everyone here who had an 11/4 on vessel date, all got moved to 10/14 this morning. Still good news, as it implies the battery shortage isn't getting worse. Still I'm hoping mine will actually be on vessel in Sept since it started production in July (@jld1 your car being an August production start with 10/14 on vessel makes me hopefully mine will be on vessel earlier than that)

Re: Zuff to Emden, it's definitely due to 12V battery shortage. Your car gets marked as complete if it's fully built, but without the 12V battery installed. While waiting for the 12V, will either be stored near Zuff at a Porschewerks warehouse, or some are at the port awaiting. For example, my car briefly went to "In transit to Emden" but rolled back to "ready for transport", and has been that way since 8/18. I've seen others TYD keep cars at any of those stages (ready for transport, in transit, arrival at emden) for the 12V shortage, so wouldn't read too much into it unless TYD shows "on vessel"

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
In TYD you can zoom the map and see exactly where your vehicle is being held. Mine is at Porschewerks.

Porsche Taycan October Deliveries A65699E4-7308-438F-9782-4FAB2AC5D03A

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag

OP
OP
jld1

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
Oh damn it I knew there was a box I forgot to check!

minstril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Yup, same story here - after briefly showing step 7, we’re back to 6 while waiting for a battery. On the plus side I was able to pull pics of my car on the line yesterday! Photo metadata suggests they were shot Aug 22nd.

Porsche Taycan October Deliveries A300FB29-1368-479D-8F45-DE3A989F45AC

OP
OP
jld1

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
Is that Ice Grey!?

OP
OP
jld1

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
Great taste, and now I can pretend this is my car being produced!

OP
OP
jld1

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
Today is build day for me. Exciting, but TYD hasn't done anything really. It just shows 0 days til milestone. Hoping it holds!

Jsuo19

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7
Country flag
Today is build day for me. Exciting, but TYD hasn't done anything really. It just shows 0 days til milestone. Hoping it holds!
Today is also my build day! but I'm in the same position as you lol, TYD hasn't updated. What's your delivery day looking like? I got pushed to mid November and just got pushed again to early December, seems like they pushed my car back to another ship
Sponsored