October Deliveries

spicyypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ordered)
Country flag
My Taycan GTS did arrive at the end of last week! I attempted to take delivery but unfortunately there are still a few ongoing issues:

1. Cannot log in to the car. Apparently the PCM is stuck in privacy/guest mode (blinking red SOS light) and is unable to link to any My Porsche accounts. The dealer has been trying to fix this for a couple of days now, but no progress unfortunately.

2. Heater doesn't seem to work, fan only blows cold air - maybe issue with heat pump?

3. Preheating the battery (for optimal charging temperature) doesn't work due to a "system error" message.

Looks like I'll have to wait another week or so for them to resolve these issues. But at least it did arrive with the 12V battery!

Porsche Taycan October Deliveries IMG_0402
Porsche Taycan October Deliveries IMG_0407

Porsche Taycan October Deliveries IMG_0414

Tesla2Taycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S P85 + Taycan GTS
Country flag
My Taycan GTS did arrive at the end of last week! I attempted to take delivery but unfortunately there are still a few ongoing issues:

1. Cannot log in to the car. Apparently the PCM is stuck in privacy/guest mode (blinking red SOS light) and is unable to link to any My Porsche accounts. The dealer has been trying to fix this for a couple of days now, but no progress unfortunately.

2. Heater doesn't seem to work, fan only blows cold air - maybe issue with heat pump?

3. Preheating the battery (for optimal charging temperature) doesn't work due to a "system error" message.

Looks like I'll have to wait another week or so for them to resolve these issues. But at least it did arrive with the 12V battery!

IMG_0402.jpeg
IMG_0407.jpeg

IMG_0414.jpeg
Nice photos. And car looks great!

Mine also arrived at the dealer on Oct 25. SA says it is missing the amp (?) so it is stop sale at this time 😕. and they do not have an ETA *ugh*
Anyone else know about amp being unavailable?

Here‘s a photo my SA sent me when it arrived. I’m going to see it in person tomorrow and will share more soon.

Porsche Taycan October Deliveries 9F2C6ED8-D067-4082-B325-AE75B2E5813E

Kaytan

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Nice photos. And car looks great!

Mine also arrived at the dealer on Oct 25. SA says it is missing the amp (?) so it is stop sale at this time 😕. and they do not have an ETA *ugh*
Anyone else know about amp being unavailable?

Here‘s a photo my SA sent me when it arrived. I’m going to see it in person tomorrow and will share more soon.

9F2C6ED8-D067-4082-B325-AE75B2E5813E.jpeg
Congrats, so close!! Love the color/wheel combo!!

Sounds like the audio amp as in Bose or Burmester. Both have been reported missing in a bunch of Taycans lately due to supply chain issues. Fingers crossed it doesn't take too long.

Tesla2Taycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congrats, so close!! Love the color/wheel combo!!

Sounds like the audio amp as in Bose or Burmester. Both have been reported missing in a bunch of Taycans lately due to supply chain issues. Fingers crossed it doesn't take too long.
Thank you–thank you!

Yea I’m hoping it’ll be ready in the next couple of weeks. They currently have it stored in their garage. It was in dark and poorly lit space so couldn’t get decent photos or appreciate the beauty of the car. But I did get to sit in it finally 🤣

Did they say when yours will be ready? Or did you already take delivery?

Harbor_Dawg

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 90D; 2020 Porsche GT4; Ram 1500
Country flag

IMG_0402.jpeg
IMG_0407.jpeg

IMG_0414.jpeg
Safe to assume you've taken delivery and are busy driving and enjoying the car.

spicyypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ordered)
Country flag
Safe to assume you've taken delivery and are busy driving and enjoying the car.
About that...

The dealership resolved all the aforementioned issues, all good on that end! They even sent a trailer to pick up my car and drop it off at my door step afterwards, really pleased with their customer service.

I had planned to get the windows tinted, install a dash cam, and put paint protection film on the entire car. I dropped off my car at the tint shop last week, 15 minutes after I leave I get a call - the technician had apparently gotten into an accident and ran the car into some metal railings 🤦🏻‍♂️

The shop owner is taking full responsibility and paying for all the repair costs. Because the estimates were so expensive (a new bumper alone is $4.5k, unpainted), he's going through his insurance - so the body shop is in the middle of working with them to ensure that I'm getting a new bumper and not just a repair job. Also due to staff shortages, the best body shops in my area (Seattle, WA) don't have availability until March/April of next year. Feels unreal that I waited an entire year for the car, enjoyed it for about a week, and this happens.

Car is still drivable. However, one of the sensors isn't working correctly so the car will sometimes alert me that there's an obstacle right in front of me while I'm driving. Dealer is concerned that it may result in an emergency stop and advised me to not drive the car in the meantime.

Porsche Taycan October Deliveries IMG_0662

Porsche Taycan October Deliveries IMG_0667

Porsche Taycan October Deliveries IMG_0663

Harbor_Dawg

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 90D; 2020 Porsche GT4; Ram 1500
Country flag
About that...

The dealership resolved all the aforementioned issues, all good on that end! They even sent a trailer to pick up my car and drop it off at my door step afterwards, really pleased with their customer service.

I had planned to get the windows tinted, install a dash cam, and put paint protection film on the entire car. I dropped off my car at the tint shop last week, 15 minutes after I leave I get a call - the technician had apparently gotten into an accident and ran the car into some metal railings 🤦🏻‍♂️

The shop owner is taking full responsibility and paying for all the repair costs. Because the estimates were so expensive (a new bumper alone is $4.5k, unpainted), he's going through his insurance - so the body shop is in the middle of working with them to ensure that I'm getting a new bumper and not just a repair job. Also due to staff shortages, the best body shops in my area (Seattle, WA) don't have availability until March/April of next year. Feels unreal that I waited an entire year for the car, enjoyed it for about a week, and this happens.

Car is still drivable. However, one of the sensors isn't working correctly so the car will sometimes alert me that there's an obstacle right in front of me while I'm driving. Dealer is concerned that it may result in an emergency stop and advised me to not drive the car in the meantime.

IMG_0662.jpeg

IMG_0667.jpeg

IMG_0663.jpeg
Unbelievable - and very sorry to hear that.

Tesla2Taycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The Eagle has finally landed! Took delivery this week at PEC LA. :D

IMG_2487.jpg
WOW! Congrats on the landing. Looks amazing!

I am still waiting on the amp — this coming Tue will be 5 weeks since the car arrived at the dealership. Hoping to get it soon 🤞