Octopus Energy £100 New Customer Credit.

OP
OP
Persuader

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
Just about to post the same as just checked. Very misleading in the wording on the home page but when you click in much more expensive. I have underfloor heating throughout downstairs so day tariff still important as canes electric during day! Nearly 20p for me.

96-F744-FE-841-B-44-D9-AB57-06-C692910-F30.png
Yes. Nothing beats Octopus. I only charge during the 4 allocated hrs 00.30 & 04.30 at 5p which gives me 85 miles for the day at 5p.

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Yes. Nothing beats Octopus. I only charge during the 4 allocated hrs 00.30 & 04.30 at 5p which gives me 85 miles for the day at 5p.
Hi, new to this ev thing, so do you plug in every night and charge for 4 hours to top up? I’d need more than 85 mile range daily so would need topped up.

Am I right in saying if charging at 7kw hour for 4 hours This would be 7 x 5p x 4 so roughly £1.40 for you suggested 85 mile range ?

OP
OP
Persuader

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi, new to this ev thing, so do you plug in every night and charge for 4 hours to top up? I’d need more than 85 mile range daily so would need topped up.

Am I right in saying if charging at 7kw hour for 4 hours This would be 7 x 5p x 4 so roughly £1.40 for you suggested 85 mile range ?
Yes I plug in on a timer most nights for the 4 hours. If you have used more than 28kw then just set it to keep charging after 04.30 which will be at the normal rate of 13 odd pence.
Yes roughly £1.40 for 85 miles.

4SJB

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT Mini Cooper S Audi A4 3.0 TDI
Country flag
All good if you have a level 2 smart meter.
I have spent a week trying to get an answer from current supplier Scot Power when they will fit a smart meter and the best I can get is by 2025 latest!!!
OVO Energy have a smart meter tariff and expect to be able to fit within 3 months. Some get outs, but we will save money over current supplier even if they can’t fit a smart meter.
The other consideration is the standing charge which can vary tremendously.

OP
OP
Persuader

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
All good if you have a level 2 smart meter.
I have spent a week trying to get an answer from current supplier Scot Power when they will fit a smart meter and the best I can get is by 2025 latest!!!
OVO Energy have a smart meter tariff and expect to be able to fit within 3 months. Some get outs, but we will save money over current supplier even if they can’t fit a smart meter.
The other consideration is the standing charge which can vary tremendously.
Octopus arranged for the fitment of my Level 2 smart meter straight away when I joined which was about 2 months ago. Their standing charge is circular 25p per day which is pretty standard.

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Octopus arranged for the fitment of my Level 2 smart meter straight away when I joined which was about 2 months ago. Their standing charge is circular 25p per day which is pretty standard.
Can’t you use the gen 1 smart meters also, as thought somehow these were being upgraded remotely.

My smart meters was no good with the current electric provider but had some sort of update was applied July time and now is sending readings remotely. Prefer a level 2 but presuming my level 1 upgrade will still work with the tariff.

jheard

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MXP100D. Taycan 4S
Country flag
Can’t you use the gen 1 smart meters also, as thought somehow these were being upgraded remotely.

My smart meters was no good with the current electric provider but had some sort of update was applied July time and now is sending readings remotely. Prefer a level 2 but presuming my level 1 upgrade will still work with the tariff.
Some you can but not al
l. Octopus will let you know when you switch but you could call them to check

jheard

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MXP100D. Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes I plug in on a timer most nights for the 4 hours. If you have used more than 28kw then just set it to keep charging after 04.30 which will be at the normal rate of 13 odd pence.
Yes roughly £1.40 for 85 miles.
When you say Timer do you mean the car timer profile or something else?

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT3 RS, 718 Spyder and Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Has anyone moved to Octopus with 3-phase? Looking to move but heard its taking a white to install the 3-phase smart meters

OP
OP
Persuader

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When you say Timer do you mean the car timer profile or something else?
I use both my car timer and set my EO charger to only operate between 00.30 and 04.30 just to be sure.

OP
OP
Persuader

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi Peter, I have signed up so you should get a £50 credit - your usage will be free at this rate!
Thank you. It's great. I've earned £700 in £50 referral fees so far. Enough for 4 years free electric motoring (compared to paying 5p KW). Also equates to over £6500 fuel saving compared to paying for petrol/diesel equivalent.

Last edited:

Duc959

First Name
FR
Threads
Reaction score
Website
share.octopus.energy
Vehicles
RR Vogue Autobiography, Ducati Panigale V2
Country flag