Odd EA “error” with “fix” [message: The charging port cannot be unlocked. Please try again. error 236_GR_CM]

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
i tried charging at a 350 EA charger and got an error in the Porsche connect app

The charging port cannot be unlocked. Please try again. error 236_GR_CM
i unplugged and tried again. same. I tried again and got the same error.

here is the “fix”. i kept the car plugged in since i was going to call EA, then the charging process started anyway in the normal amount of time and was fine - yet the error was still showing up.

bottom line is that the “error “ did not
prevent charging and i did nothing different to get it to charge.

of course, it is an error since i shouldn’t have gotten the error message

btw, i charged from 16 percent to 95 in 30 minutes. This was at Harris ranch. The eclairs are highly recommended!
Sponsored

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
i tried charging at a 350 EA charger and got an error in the Porsche connect app

i unplugged and tried again. same. I tried again and got the same error.

here is the “fix”. i kept the car plugged in since i was going to call EA, then the charging process started anyway in the normal amount of time and was fine - yet the error was still showing up.

bottom line is that the “error “ did not
prevent charging and i did nothing different to get it to charge.

of course, it is an error since i shouldn’t have gotten the error message

btw, i charged from 16 percent to 95 in 30 minutes. This was at Harris ranch. The eclairs are highly recommended!
As long as the wind is blowing in the right direction, right (abattoirs) :)

One of the stops we stayed at with geology field schools I ran annually with Stanford colleagues - has been a few years since we moved the trip elsewhere :)

Good to see a resolution but yet another EA 'feature'!

OP
OP

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Good to see a resolution but yet another EA 'feature'!
It is unclear if this is an EA "feature" or the Porsche app "feature". EA could have reported the correct info to the Porsche app (since the charging worked) but Porsche could have reported it incorrectly...or not.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’ve never used the Porsche Connect app in conjunction with charging my car at an EA charger. Is there a compelling reason to do so?

OP
OP

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’ve never used the Porsche Connect app in conjunction with charging my car at an EA charger. Is there a compelling reason to do so?
I could be totally wrong here, but thought that was the recommended way to do it to get the free charging.

I forgot the app I used to use, but I thought it changed to it saying to use the Connect App.

Which app do you use?

Last edited:

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I could be totally wrong here, but thought that was the recommended way to do it to get the free charging.

I forgot the app I used to use, but I thought it changed to it saying to use the Connect App.

Which app do you use?
I don’t use any app. I simply plug in and charge via plug and charge at EA charging stations.
Sponsored