Odd noice from AC or battery?

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S & Tesla Model-S 100D
Country flag
Have any of you other Taycan owners experienced the same noice as on this video? I suspect it might be from the aircondition of some kind of, when working with the temp. It could also be something when cooling or heating the battery. It was quite loud, so I wanted to hear with you guys. Any idea or suggestions? Thanx!

EDIT: The car is in for a minor fix on Monday 31/8-20 at Porsche Center, so I make sure they will check this issue simultaneously. I´ll drop a feedback and/or solution from the workshop later, on this post.

Last edited:

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Electric cars make odd noises even when ‘off.’ You can have it checked. Odds are good they’ll say not to worry about it.

OP
OP
Arno

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Brassfactory: Thanx! I hope so too, but this is something else I haven't heard before (at least not from my earlier two Tesla´s). However, it reminds me a bit of our AC at home (especially winter time). I´ll check with the dealer next week, just to make sure.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Arno

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Singularity: Thanx! I definitely have to check this out at the workshop, just to make sure.

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
There is a coolant radiator & fan on driver's side of US cars that can make some noise. I've also heard a fan from the air conditioning condenser & fan on passenger's side. There are a bunch of pumps too. I don't think the car is ever "off" unless the battery is discharged. If it thinks you are about to drive it game on.

OP
OP
Arno

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@r553: Thank you for the information!

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
That’s a loose sounding noise. Have not heard that on AC or DC. On AC you hear the heat pump solenoid value opening/closing. That’s it on a 4S.

OP
OP
Arno

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

bgatxy1

First Name
b
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
993, RRS, Taycan4S
Country flag
On mine I hear pumps or fans but not that noise, that sounds more like something is loose/grinding/rattling.

OP
OP
Arno

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
On mine I hear pumps or fans but not that noise, that sounds more like something is loose/grinding/rattling.
Yes, doesn’t It! Actually it reminds me of the sound when the turbo on my MB-S AMG broke down: The axle inside the turbine split, but luckily none of the parts reach the cylinders. I suspect this is slightly different matter though :giggle: However, it is by now rather clear my Taycan has a screw or two loose . . .

Last edited:
OP
OP
Arno

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
SOLUTION: I sendt the video of the strange sound to my Porsche dealer, and they responded immediately. The foreman ant the workshop called me up, informed this issue is known to them and have experienced this on 7-8 other Taycan´s. The problem is gravel and pebbles originating from the harbour in Germany where they load the cars for transport, which has entered the ventilation in front of the aircondition. Luckily the solution is rather simple: Take of the wheel and inner wheel arch, and blow clean with compressed air. They might have to take off the front spoler as well, if they could not reach all the way in. I was told not to worry . . . so I don't anymore.

EPILOG: My salesman at Porsche Center Son has been extremely kind and helpful through the purchase, but also the whole process before and after. I am sooo pleased with his personal service and follow up, and it make me feel very well taken care off. They are eager to achieve 100% satisfaction, and that is abselutely my experience as well - they really do care about their customers. All over, I have heard nothing but positive feedback about this dealer. We definitely going to buy another Porsche at them again . . . as a matter of fact, that was my wife's statement (which give this a much heavier substance):rock:

Last edited:

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Glad they knew what it was and that it can be fixed! (Better of it didn’t happen of course)
Sponsored