Odd noice from AC or battery?

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
We definitely going to buy another Porsche at them again . . . as a matter of fact, that was my wife's statement (which give this a much heavier substance):rock:
Regarding your response to wife's statement: Looks like you have your priorities right. ;)
Sponsored

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Sounds like the noise that I have, Porsche identified it as from the evaporator, turn off your AC and see if it goes away, if so it is the same noise. They have no fix for it, I hear it loudly inside the car and at the bottom of the windshield near the frunk. The dealer may tell you it is normal, but what they mean is the evaporator is operating normally, but the noise is definitely not normal.
This is the battery cooling fans logged up with road muck that enters via the exit grill in the wheel arch. I have had these changed three times in 10,000 miles at a cost of £2500 each time (warranty) if the noise goes away the fans are seized so not cooling.
Porsche are aware of this problem but no fix to date, but don’t be fobbed off.

Mad Pat 66

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
This noise is from the battery cooling fans positioned each side, if you look into the front of the wheel arch you will see a grill and all the road muck gets sent into this grill which builds up and seizes the fans after a few months. This at present is not being recognised by Porsche as a warranty issue as they say it is caused by outside influence (bull sh*t) this is a design fault which needs to be rectified as all Taycan's have the same issue. The cost to fit new fans is £2500 or $3500 so not a cheap fix. Please keep on to Porsche as this is not going way and needs a fix!!!
My AC stopped working (had the heater matrix replaced a few months ago too) and on investigation Porsche have told me both cooling fans have jammed solid due to road grit etc. They say it’s not warranty work, they’ve been instructed so by Porsche GB, and yet the dealer service manager and technician agreed with me that there is a fundamental flaw in the design, as these fans are exposed to any road debris via the spray from the front wheels. There is nothing to stop this happening again and again and AC failure is being reported worldwide.
I’ve been told to take it up with Porsche GB directly and I will, but must say I am very disappointed in the design and even more so in Porsche’s response to the known problem.

Attachments

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Have any of you other Taycan owners experienced the same noice as on this video? I suspect it might be from the aircondition of some kind of, when working with the temp. It could also be something when cooling or heating the battery. It was quite loud, so I wanted to hear with you guys. Any idea or suggestions? Thanx!

EDIT: The car is in for a minor fix on Monday 31/8-20 at Porsche Center, so I make sure they will check this issue simultaneously. I´ll drop a feedback and/or solution from the workshop later, on this post.

OP
OP
Arno

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S & Tesla Model-S 100D
Country flag
My Porsche Center informed me earlier when this problem always occurs repetitive, that Porsche is working on a repair or a replacement part. That is a long time ago now, but still no fix. This is obviously a design flaw, as the design (according to my sales representative) has changed on the newer models. Of course, this is a guarantee case, and that some Porsche Centers attempts to explain otherwise surprises me (FYI: my Porsche Center in Norway accept this as a guarantee case without discussion).

I agree that we still need to push our disappointment and irritation over this problem so that we get rid of this annoyance and can enjoy the car as it is meant to perform. My vehicle has been in for repair three times already for this issue, and now I must contact Porsche a fourth time to get this fixed. The car itself is expensive, so why can’t we just get this replaced with the newer parts already existing, instead of coming back again and again for the same thing? In the end, it must be better for both parties regarding time and cost.
Sponsored