Odd Question... how to tell if you have battery + on Taycan...

bluegrassvroom

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 taycan 4s
Country flag
Odd question - and i'm not sure how to find out the answer. Took my first long distance trip this weekend (excluding back and forth to the dealer) , and i'm just NOT impressed with the mileage... (6 months in, 4000 miles)

2021 4s With the Mission E wheels. I've learned lately they do what, 5-10% LESS mileage than the other wheels ? (not sure i would have gotten them had i known this)

it's been cold lately - but i'm averaging 2 miles per 1% of charge. so EVEN IF i wanted to drive it from 100% to 0% - we're talking 200 miles.

it was 30 degrees (light snow, zero accumulation) during the drive each way. Car set on cruise at 77mph for the journey. the 99 mile trip each way used a smidge more than 50% of battery (charged it at hotel overnight, level 2) - and YES, it was cold out so had heat on (not blasting) and seat heaters on low

Anyway - i've learned lately my car didn't have other things it was "supposed" to have on it (summer tires vs all-weather, no sport sound, etc) and i'm wondering if they gave me a different car than my paperwork showed... or at least gave me a list of options that weren't what mine were

but - i don't see ANY WAY i could have the Battery pack + and only be getting 199 miles on a 100% full charge (i normally stop it at 85%, don't start..) I don't drive like a 16-year old. I guess i'm half way between a sixteen year old and a grandma. maybe 60% grandma, 40% 16 year old (boy, to be precise)

So before i question Porsche i'd love to know if there's a way i can check

Thanks
Sponsored

Ll312

First Name
LL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, S7, Q8
Country flag
If you have access to a dc fast charger or any charger that will tell you how many kWh were used, and know the percentage of where you started and ended, you can estimate the total kWh

yama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Non Porsche
Country flag
You should be able to see this in your vehicle info on the My Porsche website.

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
I am also only getting about 200 miles on an 85% charge- I think about 230 if charged to 100%. I knew it was a 300 mile car with the 20" aero wheel, and knew from the dealer telling me the Mission E's cost the car about 30 miles, but I believe it is actually more than that. I do think I am driving with quite a bit of a lead foot, not so much stopping and starting, but high average highway speeds, like 85-95mph, with short bursts above that cause it so damn fun. So I know that is eating kW's.
I reset the computer cruising at 75mph the other day, so I know the car is capable of pulling only 35-37 kWh's/100 miles, but I am for sure pulling more like 45-47kWh's /100 miles usually. Very much enjoying the car. I will have to be more conservative with the accelerator when road tripping.
Sponsored