OEM factory option retrofits?

Cooler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Country flag
I am probably going for used Taycan and because of that I am checking what options can be retrofitted as if something is missing from the used one it could be added.

So please, list things that can or could be retrofitted. Let's exclude obvious like wheels and bodykit's.

I know most of them will be hugely expensive (some might be alright) but still lets make a list. If someone have also prices lets include those.

This is what I think you could probably add:
  1. Reverse camera
  2. Seats
  3. Storage package
  4. Seat belts
  5. Steering wheel (maybe even heated)
  6. Bose (or some aftermarket stereo)
Confirmed retrofits

1. Innodrive
  2. Surround camera system
  3. Folding mirrors
  4. Homelink
  5. Rear view camera
  6. Electric sport sound
  7. LED matrix headlights, Glacier Blue, incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus) via Porsche
https://www.kufatec.com/en/porsche/taycan/taycan-y1a/
Sponsored

Last edited:

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
I am probably going for used Taycan and because of that I am checking what options can be retrofitted as if something is missing from the used one it could be added.

So please, list things that can or could be retrofitted. Let's exclude obvious like wheels and bodykit's.

I know most of them will be hugely expensive (some might be alright) but still lets make a list. If someone have also prices lets include those.

1. Reverse camera
  2. Seats
  3. Storage package
  4. Seat belts
Is there some options which are software only, those are surely possible with ease?
Electric Sport Sound
InnoDrive if the car has ACC

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag

1. Reverse camera
  2. Seats
  3. Storage package
  4. Seat belts
Is there some options which are software only, those are surely possible with ease?
Suncoast Parts also had the Glacier Blue Headlights - can’t remember the cost but would be expensive to install.

JC Mann

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman S, Tesla Model S
Country flag
When you say Acc, you mean cruise control ?
That's Adaptive Cruise Control. Using radar, it will hold a set speed until it gets within a certain distance (usually a time interval) behind another vehicle. Plain (old fashioned) cruise control will not slow down for a vehicle in front of you.

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag

OP
OP

Cooler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Country flag
Thanks guys for the info. Let's keep this updated if you stumble upon other retrofits.

OP
OP

Cooler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Country flag
Is Porsche Intelligent Range Manager software only update, anybody know? Hence, probably upgradable.

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
That's Adaptive Cruise Control. Using radar, it will hold a set speed until it gets within a certain distance (usually a time interval) behind another vehicle. Plain (old fashioned) cruise control will not slow down for a vehicle in front of you.
So with auto regen on, the car uses a camera to slow the car down when it sees a car ahead... so, does that mean the car also has a built-in ability to do ACC? I don't have that option.. maybe a FOD in the future?

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The simple answer is it's cheaper to order a new car than retrofit almost any option through a Porsche dealership. Even swapping the steering wheel or seat belts will cost several thousand dollars.

JC Mann

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman S, Tesla Model S
Country flag
So with auto regen on, the car uses a camera to slow the car down when it sees a car ahead... so, does that mean the car also has a built-in ability to do ACC? I don't have that option.. maybe a FOD in the future?
ACC uses radar. If not optioned up front, it would be expensive to put in the hardware.
if you look at the front grill, the width will be continuous without ACC.
With ACC there is a round object on the left side (looking at grill)
Night Vision Assist adds another object (round also IIRC) on the other side of the front grill.

OP
OP

Cooler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Country flag
The simple answer is it's cheaper to order a new car than retrofit almost any option through a Porsche dealership. Even swapping the steering wheel or seat belts will cost several thousand dollars.
Everybody knows that. And your input is not helping.

Las Vegas Taycan

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Has anyone done the Folding Mirror Retrofit. Kufatech says their is no manual and my dealer said they dont do these after market changes. Also concerned about the Coding Dongle as a lot of mechanics can do the wiring and installation but any software they might be clueless
Sponsored