OEM Trunk Liner Vs Weathertech ?

Hiflyin20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi,

Can anyone comment on the difference between the OEM vs Weathertech trunk liner? The Weathertech appears to maybe fit better and be more durable.

Thank you
Sponsored

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
I don't know if anyone has the trunk liner, but people have compared the floormats from both and the weathertech is better.

For what it's worth, I think weathertech is usually better than OEM rubber mats as far as quality goes. The weathertech ones I got in our GX460 feel tougher than the OEM ones I had in our Ford Raptor (two different cars, but believe weathertech uses same rubber across models)

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I only see floor liners, not floor mats available from weather tech for the Taycan.

I have their floor liners in my Macan and I’m not a fan. I prefer a heavier rubber mat.

JustWatching

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (April '22)
Country flag
My Weathertech trunk liner for my 4S arrives tomorrow. If interested I can post pictures.

i have never seen the OEM trunk liner so won’t be able to offer an opinion on comparison.

KTC

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 911 C4GTS; 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I had the same question and went for the Weathertech and really like it. It doesn't smell as rubbery, and has slightly wider "wings" that cover a part of the two side wells so prevent things from falling in. No slip or issues. I really like it.

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
I have the Porsche trunk liner and the one thing I dislike about it is that it’s made from a rather hard, stiff plastic so most things tend to slide around a lot. It’s not the same rubber material the floor mats are made of. Makes it easy to clean though.

nycebo

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes E450 Wagon
Country flag
With either, how easy is it to access the understorage?

OP
OP
Hiflyin20

Hiflyin20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks for the replies. I think I’m gonna go with the Weathertech trunk liner and OEM floor mats.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I've got the porsche one. You just have to lift the liner up, which is easy enough. However, it is rigid, so if you have something already in the main boot, then it's going to be a bit of a pain - may bend the liner, or the other luggage will need to be lifted out. Something soft/flexible would be a better solution i guess.

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
I have the Porsche version of the liner. You can bend up the rear edge and access the lower trunk compartment for something small. But if you need two hands to remove a heavy object it would be easiest to remove the trunk liner first. I purchased the Porsche version of the trunk liner since the Weathertech one seemed to have ears and I thought those would make it more difficult to lift the rear edge.

swhsv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have the Porsche trunk liner and the one thing I dislike about it is that it’s made from a rather hard, stiff plastic so most things tend to slide around a lot. It’s not the same rubber material the floor mats are made of. Makes it easy to clean though.
For whatever it’s worth, I had the Porsche trunk liner in a Boxster and it was made from the same sort of material. The heat generated by the engine and exhaust caused it to warp/curl a bit. I wouldn’t necessarily expect the same to happen with the Taycan and its rear motor, but it’s a data point.

Ryun43

First Name
Ryun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S...991.2 GT3 Touring
Country flag
Thanks for the replies. I think I’m gonna go with the Weathertech trunk liner and OEM floor mats.
This is the setup I went with along with the front trunk liner from weathertech as well. I much prefer that over the factory plastic bucket. I have one in my 911 also. Oddly I prefer the factory floor mats. Nice and heavy

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
AFAICT the Cross Turismo version of the Weathertech trunk liner is semi-custom / trim to fit. Does anybody have the Cross Turismo version and did it require much/any trimming?

I’m also wondering if CT owners are somehow able to use their tether anchors with either liner? The floor mounted anchors are awkwardly located in this respect. I suppose if I wanted to sacrifice spill-proofing, I could cut out access holes for the anchors. Interested to hear others’ thoughts on this for either liner.

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I have the OEM frunk, trunk, and floor mats. I'm happy with all of them but it would be even nicer if the trunk liner were made out of the same material as the floor mats.
Sponsored