masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, A6 Allroad, GT3
Country flag
Three days of ownership now. Absolutely ecstatic. Wife is starting to look at me funny now because I don't think I've been able to wipe the smile off my face since taking delivery. I'm probably still smiling when I'm sleeping.

The thing about the GTS is that it comes with Sport Chrono as standard. While I love the drive mode selector on the steering wheel, I never cared much for the sport chrono dash wart that it comes with . I omitted sport chrono on my 997.2 GT3 back in the day and I wanted to omit it on the Taycan GTS but retain the drive mode selector dial. Obviously, that wasn't possible. So choosing the sub-second clock became the next best thing.

To my surprise, I freaking love the thing! It literally makes me smile even more every time I get in the car. The dash wart that I previously detested has become an object of affection, simply because of the design of the sub-second clock. To me it seems far more fitting in the Taycan interior than the standard sports chrono clock. And I'm not even a watch guy. I don't own, wear, or collect any nice time pieces, except for a beat-up old Apple Watch that I only wear when going for a run or doing laps at the pool. Of all the options I've selected, this turned out to be the unlikely favorite. What's yours?

Porsche Taycan Of all my GTS' options selected, I have an unexpected favorite.  What's yours? i-ZqqJvSN-X2
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
congrats sometimes it's the little details that matter

my wife LOVES LOVES LOVES the Compass/Alt display on her Cayenne - it cracks me up but makes her happy.

enjoy!

Reactions: B61

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I haven’t officially taken delivery of my Taycan yet but I played with it a bit at the dealer before sending it off to the detailer. I believe the goofy feature I will enjoy the most will be the massage seats. Primarily because they are completely unnecessary but helped to keep me comfortable while I waited to get through the painful Porsche connect process.

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Congrats! Enjoy!

Remote cooling is my fav because of the long hot summers here in the Phoenix AZ USA area. Walking in a 115 F (46 C) parking lot to a cool car is the best!

OP
OP

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, A6 Allroad, GT3
Country flag
I haven’t officially taken delivery of my Taycan yet but I played with it a bit at the dealer before sending it off to the detailer. I believe the goofy feature I will enjoy the most will be the massage seats. Primarily because they are completely unnecessary but helped to keep me comfortable while I waited to get through the painful Porsche connect process.
Totally agree on the massage seats. I was initially hesitant to swap out the standard 18-way sports seats plus on my build for 14-way just so I could get massage. I did it and no regrets. The massage function in the Taycan is excellent, and a lot better than the massage on previous and current Audis. Totally worth giving up the 18-way's extra bolstering and support for. I sat in the Taycan parked in the garage for almost an hour last night just messing around with my iPad, listening to music, while using the massage functions. So relaxing.

Sushivore

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Fun Post. My unexpected favorite is the Heads-Up Display. I don't know how I lived without one in all my other cars. In addition, I think Porsche did a nice job on this one. My SIL's NX-450+ and my buddy's Ionic 5 have HUD, but I much prefer the implementation in the Taycan.

PCASSOO

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan
Country flag
CONGRATS BROTHA...
They are an Amazing car for sure.
Don't get started on the Watches either, I have too many and only 1 watch arm. Lol

badboy1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Taycan
Country flag
I’m getting my GTS hopefully next month. For me the option that i enjoyed most whilst test driving was the sport sound, plus just generally how it drove and felt.

Howie

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS STCayenne 992GT3 Ferrari488spider 993C2
Country flag
The sport sound on the GTS is great and that you can turn it off via the button on the steering wheel.

Nesting

First Name
Jordane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2022
Country flag
Fun Post. My unexpected favorite is the Heads-Up Display. I don't know how I lived without one in all my other cars. In addition, I think Porsche did a nice job on this one. My SIL's NX-450+ and my buddy's Ionic 5 have HUD, but I much prefer the implementation in the Taycan.
The heads up display is so great!
I took it on a whim because I like gadgets in general and I could not spec a car without it now.

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
my GTS should be here in 2 weeks and im looking forward to my massage seats as well!

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I’m getting my GTS hopefully next month. For me the option that i enjoyed most whilst test driving was the sport sound, plus just generally how it drove and felt.
the different sound in the GTS is indeed awesome. sounds umm.. manlier than the regular sports sound.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I omitted sport chrono on my 997.2 GT3 back in the day and I wanted to omit it on the Taycan GTS but retain the drive mode selector dial. Obviously, that wasn't possible.
It’s probably possible to DIY remove the chrono wart. You could buy the dash part without the chrono wart and replace it. I am not sure whether not having the click on the LIN bus would throw any errors, but worst case you could mount it elsewhere (hidden under the dash) to keep the computers happy.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
My favourites are:
- RAS/RWS
-infrared camera
- PDCC.