farazkhu2

First Name
Fa Fa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 750i, Taycan
Country flag
Just wanted to check if anyone considered off market Mission E wheels for their Taycan?

Like these?

Mission E Wheels
Sponsored

OP
OP
farazkhu2

farazkhu2

First Name
Fa Fa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 750i, Taycan
Country flag
Ouch! They do look very good but you do have a point on chinese knock offs, i wouldn't call them cheap at 3k, well compare to originals maybe.

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
Ouch! They do look very good but you do have a point on chinese knock offs, i wouldn't call them cheap at 3k, well compare to originals maybe.
Porsche Taycan Off Market Mission E Wheels 1634078277267

Porsche does not seem to mind putting Chinese parts on/in their cars. Give the wheels a spin and report back to the group on how you like them. ??

OP
OP
farazkhu2

farazkhu2

First Name
Fa Fa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 750i, Taycan
Country flag
They do look pretty nice. I think that the Mission Wheels from Porsche are 21"
You are right, they are 21 but I like to see some thread on top of my tires so I will stay with the 20s.

OP
OP
farazkhu2

farazkhu2

First Name
Fa Fa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 750i, Taycan
Country flag
1634078277267.png

Porsche does not seem to mind putting Chinese parts on/in their cars. Give the wheels a spin and report back to the group on how you like them. ??

I know, right. :)

I haven't decided on ordering these yet... busy with ppf and ceramic coating for now. I will let you know if I decided to go with these.

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
You are right, they are 21 but I like to see some thread on top of my tires so I will stay with the 20s.
I have to agree, some visible sidewall is very nice. The 21's are right on the edge, IMHO, and anything larger looks too ghetto for my taste. (Can you sense that I too opted for the 20's?)

DANgerous

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I
I know, right. :)

I haven't decided on ordering these yet... busy with ppf and ceramic coating for now. I will let you know if I decided to go with these.
If you do go for them I hope they turn out great! Not everything from [country X] is bad.

Marcad80

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
I actually like these better as they are the actual Mission E size. I’m considering buying a Taycan now (I’m one of the original Model S owners
Porsche Taycan Off Market Mission E Wheels 29AA7FAB-F5DD-4FA6-9009-4E3D34F63DA8
and it’s time to change). I was thinking about buying the stock aero wheels for long trips, and running these for normal driving.

OP
OP
farazkhu2

farazkhu2

First Name
Fa Fa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 750i, Taycan
Country flag
I actually like these better as they are the actual Mission E size. I’m considering buying a Taycan now (I’m one of the original Model S owners
29AA7FAB-F5DD-4FA6-9009-4E3D34F63DA8.png
and it’s time to change). I was thinking about buying the stock aero wheels for long trips, and running these for normal driving.
Keep us posted, curious to know about performance...i havent bought them yet.

Marcad80

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
Will do but it will be a while for me. Haven’t ordered the Taycan yet, and I hear their 6 months backlogged.

This plan is key for me though, as we go on long trips to family and this car will replace our last gas car.

I currently have a reservation in for a Lucid Air, but if I can make the Taycan work for range (300+miles Stock wheels) when we need it, I like it with the Mission E wheels better than the Lucid for regular driving.

Marcad80

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
I did check with the seller of these wheels about there certification status and load ratings. His response:

Certification By JWL VIA,load rating:850KG
Its very good quality by REAL CNC forged

So if this is true I feel much better about these wheels. He also has great ratings on past reviews including multiple people who have bought these Taycan rims.

Another interesting fact I investigated, 7.5 million OEM vehicles this year have wheels manufactured in China (including the C8 wheels). That’s over half the vehicles in the world.

Chedman13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GL63 Brabus B63 Widestar, Awaiting Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Ask if the certification and load rating is stamped on the wheel. Also ask to see a copy of the certification.

Aftermarket wheels are fine - I only buy ones that are certified. E.g. TechArt wheels and parts are TUV approved and certified.

hshm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
1634078277267.png

There's a difference between "parts made in China" and "Chinese knock-offs". The latter implies that it's cheaply made, uses poor grade materials, and only looks like the originals they are copying.