Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Performance Plus
Country flag
Like I stated yesterday is this thread I'm totally not amused with this new variant. I'm configuring a 230K Turbo that for the untrained eye looks the same as a 80K car. The exclusive owning a Porsche feeling goes out the window.
That is just the same as between a base Panamera and a Panamera Turbo s or between a base 911 and a 911 Turbo s.

If you want "top of the line" you pay a disproportional premium.

I see you are also from Belgium, even a base with limited options will be a 95 to 100K EUR car. Not exactly "for the masses"... I would be bothered more with 718's and Macans if the exclusivity of the Porsche brand is worrying you.

Martinl

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Like I stated yesterday is this thread I'm totally not amused with this new variant. I'm configuring a 230K Turbo that for the untrained eye looks the same as a 80K car. The exclusive owning a Porsche feeling goes out the window.
I have an unbadged 4s and when anybody asks I just tell them it's the Turbo S special edition 6000 SUX. Nobody has pulled me on this yet or even got the joke/reference.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
4 wheel drive is essential to use the power in most circumstances. came to 4s from Panamera S (400hp, rwd) - could almost never use the power, wheels spinning constantly and forget about fun in winter or wet roads. so, rwd would make sense for California, LA, Vegas and alike, where it's warm an dry most of the time.
I agree. In fact, I note that the original Tesla Model S was a rear wheel drive only car, and it had similar problems before they introduced the AWD. They don't even make a RWD Model S anymore.

MrJack

First Name
Gianni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY2021, Panamera 4S
Country flag
In italy you can configure the new Taycan, the price start from 86.471,00€

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
So you’re getting a car that weighs about the same with half the power of a Turbo S at over half the price. It’s intriguing. Will definitely make the car more attainable; but I suppose power/speed isn’t everything.

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
Actually the opposite is true; it could be either car. Therein lies the mystery.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
€ 88,498.00 in Ireland. Unclear if that includes government EV grants or not. My guess is that it does!

evn00b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, '14 Lexus IS, '22 Hyundai Palisade
Country flag
The rear trunk capacity for the base Taycan is listed to be exactly the same as the 4S (14.3 cu.ft). Unless the range is significantly better, the 4S seems to be a better bet.

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
For the US folks considering buying the base model. Keep in mind that this car will be A LOT LESS POPULAR in the Northern states (that get snow). As such, expect much better prices from those areas. If anyone needs help with a good deal, PM me and I'll connect you with whichever GM is doing the best deals right now.

Disclaimer: I have no skin in the game and get nothing out of it. I just work with dozens of dealerships and have a good pulse on who's providing the best deals at the moment and try to help make the introduction when I can.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I don't get it, by the time you spec the car it doesn't fall too shy of an equivalently spec'd 4S - 4S is therefore a no brainer! Unless there are country specific tax advantages (i.e. China where this car was originally launched last year) it will do nothing other than dilute the brand further...

stevie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bmw
Country flag
I don't get it, by the time you spec the car it doesn't fall too shy of an equivalently spec'd 4S - 4S is therefore a no brainer! Unless there are country specific tax advantages (i.e. China where this car was originally launched last year) it will do nothing other than dilute the brand further...
Are all the standard options the same including styling etc for the Taycan vs Taycan 4s - with the exception of the power and performance of course
Sponsored