Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Are all the standard options the same including styling etc for the Taycan vs Taycan 4s - with the exception of the power and performance of course
Nope. Air suspension isn't standard.

But there's no real way to answer this question once, because each region has different standard options for each trim. The ultimate answer will be to check the configurator in your region once it's updated to include the base model.
Sponsored

jkjjpc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 BMW X5 40i, 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Nope. Air suspension isn't standard.

But there's no real way to answer this question once, because each region has different standard options for each trim. The ultimate answer will be to check the configurator in your region once it's updated to include the base model.
BTW, I don't think I have seen it mentioned on this forum, but with the introduction of the base Taycan, Porsche reduced the price of the Performance Battery Plus option in the US from $6580 to $5570, a $1010 savings on the overall cost, or $1010 more to spend on options depending on your point of view. New price also applies to 4S.

ives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 4 Gran Coupe, Taycan 4S on order
Country flag
I wonder what the reasoning is behind the different interior layout for the base model and if it will be for all countries alike. Must say I prefer the original one...

BeTay22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 BMW X5 while waiting for more high-power chargers
Country flag
I wonder what the reasoning is behind the different interior layout for the base model and if it will be for all countries alike. Must say I prefer the original one...
What is different?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yes (more or less), you can spec the base model to as far as you dare but remember resale won't be as kind compared to a vehicle which has these options as standard.

The other main points are that top speed (if that's important) is less, power will be down (110PS when both equipped with the performance plus battery), slower acceleration (by 1.4s 0 -62mph), vehicle ride height (15mm higher) and most importantly no 4 wheel drive (no motor on the front axle and is not an option to add), slightly better range and no air suspension.

Suggest playing with the configurator to bring the base car to the same base spec as the 4S and then add the options you actually need / want.

Brake callipers are red on the Taycan 4S (standard) and black on the Taycan. Depending on wheel choice then this can be more or less hidden (or you can pay more to have the callipers painted).

ives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What is different?
In the usual interiors, the drivers screen behind the steering wheel is standalone with the dashboard bending behind it, but on the new base model, there is an additional element overlaying it.

Porsche Taycan Official: Base Taycan (RWD) Unveiled. Pricing starts in U.S. at $79,900 FA802F35-1A9F-4170-9CE3-B1CC81AA35A0

Porsche Taycan Official: Base Taycan (RWD) Unveiled. Pricing starts in U.S. at $79,900 4B696433-8765-451A-9BA5-A17E2C60E5D0

BeTay22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 BMW X5 while waiting for more high-power chargers
Country flag
In the usual interiors, the drivers screen behind the steering wheel is standalone with the dashboard bending behind it, but on the new base model, there is an additional element overlaying it.
The first picture shows a dashboard with HUD, the second one is the classic dashboard. I don't think that's different for the base Taycan. (Fortunately :whew:)

ives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The first picture shows a dashboard with HUD, the second one is the classic dashboard. I don't think that's different for the base Taycan. (Fortunately :whew:)
Ah good to know!
Sponsored