MadCan

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Defender P400e. Taycan 4S Perf+
Country flag
Here are some more pictures I took myself of the car above in the showroom. Cherry Red really is a chameleon color depending on the light. Love it! My son is very happy with the car too! :)

b94WjDa.jpg

pkXq7hq.jpg

My son is very happy with the car too! :)

1hfwMAJ.jpg

4duj9lY.jpg

Not actually of the Cherry Red exterior, but just to show, the combo with the extended full soft leather chalk interior is spectacular. I could not be happier with the combo.

ATWZeff.jpg
Really useful post thank you Yves and congratulations.

I've ordered a Cherry Red 4s (Config Code PMI32JU6) with Aluminium roof and chrome windows. I feel these accentuate the shape of the car better than the black trim and glass roof as the trim mirrors the silhouette of the car and the roof creases add continuity to the bonnet creases but of course it's all personal taste, as are the sport side skirts with the body colour insert.

Order lockdown date is looming so any observations appreciated.

I drove a 4S withRWS and was blown away. Its turning circle in my drive (which is the width of a tennis court) is a full 5ft less I would say than my current Macan. The Macan needs almost the full width but the Taycan pulled off the same turning manouvre in a cars' width less space. Amazing for such a large car.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
The turning circle with RWS is ridiculously small. It's smaller than a Toyota Corolla stationwagon, which is not a particularily big car.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Hello from Belgium. I'm new to the forum. What a coincidence, I actually bought this very car last Saturday at Porsche Centre Knokke. :)

Since I saw the 911 Targa 50th anniversary that introduced this color Cherry Red was the color I wanted, preferably with a cream type interior. When I can across they one just sitting there in Cherry Red with Chalk interior I didn't loose al lot of time.

Very enthusiastic and proud to become member of the Porsche family and Looking forward to getting a lot of info on the car on this forum.
Congratulations! Hartelijk welkom.

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Performance Plus
Country flag
Really useful post thank you Yves and congratulations.

I've ordered a Cherry Red 4s (Config Code PMI32JU6) with Aluminium roof and chrome windows. I feel these accentuate the shape of the car better than the black trim and glass roof as the trim mirrors the silhouette of the car and the roof creases add continuity to the bonnet creases but of course it's all personal taste, as are the sport side skirts with the body colour insert.

Order lockdown date is looming so any observations appreciated.

I drove a 4S withRWS and was blown away. Its turning circle in my drive (which is the width of a tennis court) is a full 5ft less I would say than my current Macan. The Macan needs almost the full width but the Taycan pulled off the same turning manouvre in a cars' width less space. Amazing for such a large car.
Congrats. Nice config!

The glass roof was on this car, but nothwithstanding it's not my thing either I would have ordered it anyway just because it's required for the roof rack. I want to be able to take my race bike when I go away for the weekend. :)

MadCan

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congrats. Nice config!

The glass roof was on this car, but nothwithstanding it's not my thing either I would have ordered it anyway just because it's required for the roof rack. I want to be able to take my race bike when I go away for the weekend. :)
Thank you.

I'd trade a glass roof for not having to wait 4-5 months... Great that your dealer had the confidence to build a stock car in Cherry Metallic. All here seem to be silver/black/green.

Towbar & trailer...? :idea:

Daniel.ch

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster,macan,taycan
Country flag
Hi,Yves,very nice picture,
heel mooi,ik was plan om naar knokke it taycan om te bewonderen, nu heeft u gekocht, is exact wat ik verwaht, heel mooi combinatie , ik wil ook dezelfde bestellen, iik ben ook van Antwerpen. Tot in de stad!
mooi auto,feliciteer

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
This looks so much like Arena Red which was the 993 Turbo launch color and the PTS to my last 991.2 911TTS Cab. In dark light it looks purple but in bright light its more cherry red

Mile2424

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (coming soon)
Country flag
Here are some more pictures I took myself of the car above in the showroom. Cherry Red really is a chameleon color depending on the light. Love it! My son is very happy with the car too! :)

b94WjDa.jpg

pkXq7hq.jpg

My son is very happy with the car too! :)

1hfwMAJ.jpg

4duj9lY.jpg

Not actually of the Cherry Red exterior, but just to show, the combo with the extended full soft leather chalk interior is spectacular. I could not be happier with the combo.

ATWZeff.jpg
If this car has chalk interior how are the door panels also chalk? Usually it’s just the little strip below the interior accent color isn’t it?

BruceF

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I think the leather color is called Limestone Beige in the U.S. In Europe I believe that leather color is called Chalk Beige.

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Performance Plus
Country flag
If this car has chalk interior how are the door panels also chalk? Usually it’s just the little strip below the interior accent color isn’t it?
Probably indeed something to do with naming differences as BruceF indicates. The exact name in Dutch translated literally to English is ”two tone leather interior, smooth finished leather, black/Chalk beige”. As you can see in the picture the door panels are indeed predominantly beige. I don’t have any better pictures for the moment but below some screen shots I took of the 3D configurator showing the door panels a little better.

Edit: I just had a quick look at the US configurator and BruceF is indeed exactly right, this interior is called ”Leather interior black/Limestone beige” on the US configurator. Door panels match exactly. I also quicly checked the UK configurator and that follows the European naming (yes, even now, 2 days post Brexit! ?)

Sorry for any confusion, not sure why Porsche changed the names around:
- Europe Chalk interior = Limestone interior in US.
- US Chalk interior = crayon interior in Europe.

Porsche Taycan CHERRY METALLIC Taycan Club 20201130_100405

Porsche Taycan CHERRY METALLIC Taycan Club 20201130_095635

Last edited:

galaxyclass

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Tesla M3LR, RAM 1500 2019, MB SLK 200
Country flag
Here are some pics from my pickup on Dec 18. Due to the pandemic constraints, it had to happen very fast. A good option then to learn the car by driving and playing around. I do like the varying colour reflections under different light conditions a lot.
Everyone is flashed by the car's look. I am only earning compliments :).

Porsche Taycan CHERRY METALLIC Taycan Club Taycan1

Porsche Taycan CHERRY METALLIC Taycan Club Taycan2

Porsche Taycan CHERRY METALLIC Taycan Club Taycan3

MadCan

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here are some pics from my pickup on Dec 18. Due to the pandemic constraints, it had to happen very fast. A good option then to learn the car by driving and playing around. I do like the varying colour reflections under different light conditions a lot.
Everyone is flashed by the car's look. I am only earning compliments :).

Taycan1.jpg

Taycan2.jpg

Taycan3.jpg
How could you not get compliments - that looks lovely Thomas.
Is the interior OK with the solid roof? Looks it from the outside. The windows seem to let plenty of light in.

galaxyclass

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Tesla M3LR, RAM 1500 2019, MB SLK 200
Country flag
How could you not get compliments - that looks lovely Thomas.
Is the interior OK with the solid roof? Looks it from the outside. The windows seem to let plenty of light in.
I had the glass roof in my Model S and my wife‘s Model 3. Was going back and forth with it. In a model S, the solid roof felt like a coffin, but it is different in the Taycan. It does feel sporty. I had chosen the chalk seats, being afraid of an all black interior. I do really like my choice. There is enough light in the cabin. In summer times, I always felt having too much of it anyway in the MS. The solid roof also saves 20kg of mass :)
Sponsored