Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
No, there's supposedly missing hardware in the 2020s. I know. Sounds weird/suspect, but that was the official story. There's a thread on it somewhere here...
I find that really strange that such a basic feature which is available on my 2017 Audi is not available on a £100k car in 2020 !

Not sure i believe it.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
For those with a 2020 MY car, does this update give you the ability to unlock / lock your car with the app? Similar to 2021/2022 MY cars... I only have the preheat/precool icon...
Don't think so. You won't be missing out either as it is extremely slow in operation and not reliable in my experience.

4SJB

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT Mini Cooper S Audi A4 3.0 TDI
Country flag
Great news for second hand values.

mlambert890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I find that really strange that such a basic feature which is available on my 2017 Audi is not available on a £100k car in 2020 !

Not sure i believe it.
No 2020 owner (in the US at least) has ever had unlock via app, regardless of software version (up to an including WNJ8)

When we got the big 2021 update (WMA5) we thought it would come and didn’t, then when Porsche Connect got the overhaul we thought we’d get it, and now most recently with the awesome 2022 refresh (WNJ8)

I suspect it has to be hardware as they’ve not held back at all releasing massive software updates retroactively, and have even made comfort access available via FOD. Somehow there must be a module missing on the 2020s that was added in 2021 and allows app unlock to work.

I agree it seems ridiculous but 🤷‍♂️

Manbeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar
Country flag
I have the colored icons PCM in my CT4 build in March. The motor management is already changed. Incan see on the centre display only the rear engine is active when driving constant highway speed. The range at highway speed is around 350-360 km.
What is constant highway speed in your case?

120/130 km/hour?

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
At one point, the unlock / lock icon showed up on the new app for a bit but not accessible... probably a glitch... so dumb as my Panamara had it 5 years ago...

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
At one point, the unlock / lock icon showed up on the new app for a bit but not accessible... probably a glitch... so dumb as my Panamara had it 5 years ago...
Porsche Taycan Official Porsche Announcement: PCM Update Coming to All Model Years w/ Faster Charging, Infotainment Improvements and Range Bump IMG_20180824_184311

My BMW i3 had it in 2013...
Rock solid connection (but Porsche now has a rock solid connection too, finally!).

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Tomorrow is the big day for my MY22 4S to get the ANA6 update. They called today and said the last car was a 2020 and it took 3 days to complete. They haven't done a MY22 yet and the estimate for that is 3 hours, we'll see how it goes and I'll report back. Since they are giving me a loaner I'm not too concerned.

While on the phone they asked me to bring in my mobile charger as they received a recall for that last night and want to do that at the same time. Fortunately for me the mobile charger that came with the car has never been out of the bag so I suppose this is one way to test it ;)
Sponsored