McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Bricked stands for… ?
i understand that something went wrong… but i’,=m not familiar with that expression.
It’s broken and can’t be fixed with a normal software installation and needs new hardware.

I presumed bricked stands for standing on 4 bricks like when your 4 tires are stolen. But that might have been my incorrect personal interpretation
Sponsored

4EVer

First Name
Viv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S, iD3 Pro S, E-Up!
Country flag
It’s broken and can’t be fixed with a normal software installation and needs new hardware.

I presumed bricked stands for standing on 4 bricks like when your 4 tires are stolen. But that might have been my incorrect personal interpretation
I’ve always understood the term to refer to computer hard drives when they fail and become as useful as a brick 🤔

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Thx @all for detail,explanations :like:
bottom-line: bricked = fucked up, irreversable, without any possibility to roll-back (on previous version):eek:

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
Brick is more of a term used for electronics. For example, bricking a laptop, phone etc, means killing/dying/to make unusable.

Since Taycan is half electronics/half car, the use of "bricking" makes sense.

Reactions: B61

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
For sure, I’m just hoping that’s not the update I get on Monday.
Well now I’m expecting to get good news this morning. I got a push notification that charging was completed so I opened the app and saw this…

Porsche Taycan Official Porsche Announcement: PCM Update Coming to All Model Years w/ Faster Charging, Infotainment Improvements and Range Bump 406A6595-6CE9-4DC8-8F62-23EDF57F49C1

Hopefully I’ll get a phone call this morning telling me the car is updated and ready to pick up.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Well now I’m expecting to get good news this morning. I got a push notification that charging was completed so I opened the app and saw this…

406A6595-6CE9-4DC8-8F62-23EDF57F49C1.jpeg

Hopefully I’ll get a phone call this morning telling me the car is updated and ready to pick up.
Success. Porsche Austin got the car updated and I just picked it up. I definitely need to set a few things up again but that will have to wait until after lunch at Veracruz tacos 🌮

MeMyselfAndI

First Name
Pieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (MY 21)
Country flag
I’ve mailed my dealer (Porsche Center Maastricht) and got an appointment (2 days) at the end of September to get the uPdate installed for my Taycan MY 2021. 🙂

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
For those with a 2020 MY car, does this update give you the ability to unlock / lock your car with the app? Similar to 2021/2022 MY cars... I only have the preheat/precool icon...

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I have a 2022 with colored icons. Anyone knows if this needs the update or someone maybe already did this.

Found this picture one FB. I wonder if the 2022 with colored icons already have all the updates.

Porsche Taycan Official Porsche Announcement: PCM Update Coming to All Model Years w/ Faster Charging, Infotainment Improvements and Range Bump E4F27DA5-0A4F-43C4-944D-52D7112B57F1

taycan4sl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Still waiting on my car which has been in since Tuesday, last information was software update will complete today.

Any updates? I was hoping the new River Oaks location would be better than the other locations, but appears not. Will wait to hear more success stories before I decide to drop mine off.

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan Mercedes AMG GTS Edition 1
Country flag
Any updates? I was hoping the new River Oaks location would be better than the other locations, but appears not. Will wait to hear more success stories before I decide to drop mine off.
The update was a success as it took days to get it done.
While pulling up on the lift they scraped my brand new wheel and that took a few attempts to fix so got the car after a week but all done well and taken care of. They were able to get me a loaner when the wheel was scratched so that helped.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
The update was a success as it took days to get it done.
While pulling up on the lift they scraped my brand new wheel and that took a few attempts to fix so got the car after a week but all done well and taken care of. They were able to get me a loaner when the wheel was scratched so that helped.
Ugh! So sorry. Crap like this is why I hate leaving my car with the dealer and strive to avoid it.

mlambert890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
For those with a 2020 MY car, does this update give you the ability to unlock / lock your car with the app? Similar to 2021/2022 MY cars... I only have the preheat/precool icon...
No, there's supposedly missing hardware in the 2020s. I know. Sounds weird/suspect, but that was the official story. There's a thread on it somewhere here...
Sponsored