W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Indeed but I suspect I may well end up with my new GTS ST before this gets rolled out to my car assuming all the stars align.

My sense is though that some of the updates we may already have depending on MY but all in all there is nothing to moan about (yet) :).

For now I just need to be able to contact my car remotely - perhaps the non-communicated efforts behind the scenes are in preparation for the above announcement 🙄
I spoke too soon. Just been informed that my GTS ST won't appear this year (ordered Sep last year) due to no allocations (every excuse under the sun offered up). Fresh orders are 18 months out.

So I'm now super excited to be getting this latest software update 🙏🙂🙏
Sponsored

Iben

First Name
Jean-Are
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S (2020 mod.)
Country flag
I have a 2020 model, so this is really good news for me.

I love that Porsche have changed in this matter and upgrade all over

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Perhaps I missed it. Did the press release say when updates will start to be applied to cars?
Yes they say the updates will be rolled out on a market to market basis so translation: be patient and wait

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I've got my appointment set for 7/25 to give them a business day to update their PIWIS. Fingers crossed.

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Hopefully, but I wouldn't bank on it if your build hasn't locked- it's now the only option on the configurator, and I don't think the price has dropped (UK £3569).
It would be nice but I suspect it's just badly worded and should have stated the variable light control option is now available across the MY23 range (rather than just the GTS upwards)?

Conjecture on my part but it would be more than a pleasant surprise if Porsche gave up the opportunity to make another £3.5k+ out of the customer. Time will tell and I note there appears to be no mention of this in the offical Porsche release? I'm not holding my breath but will sit down at Adrian's table to eat my own hat if happens lol.

bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
And holy shit. Now AUTO REGEN will be remembered? It's freaking awesome. I wanted this from day one.

Screenshot_20220719-215551_Chrome.png
I interpret this as the setting is retained when switching from Normal to Sport or Sport to Sport Plus, etc. but not necessarily when you turn the car off and then back on.

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
Kudos to Porsche for not leaving early adopters out in the cold. Looking forward to getting this upgrade, and further improvements in the future!
This is honestly not really a kudos to Porsche. If they could, they would have left early adopters in the cold. The fact that the 2020s have only had 1 major update until this (to something they promised before delivery in wireless carplay) says that they did not intend on providing this to the 2020-2021 (and early 2022) cars. Remember the announcement when they first announced the color icons? It was only on new cars. No "This will be coming this year to older vehicles".

This is the result of them having a large NHTSA recall over software that is cheaper/easier for them to provide the latest software for. They also can't really only upgrade cars in the US without a big PR mess, so they are doing it worldwide. My guess as to why we are getting the other updates that are not just PCM related (driving, battery, etc, etc) is because they don't know how to and/or would be to expensive to separate the software. So its easiest and most cost effective to bring everyone up to current.

This is not Porsche being generous, this is them complying with a [forced] recall and ensuring no PR mess in other markets as a result.

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This is honestly not really a kudos to Porsche. If they could, they would have left early adopters in the cold.
You can believe in what ever version of a conspiracy theory you like. But as the owner of a MY2020, I am the big winner in this one. And I am not complaining and it makes me look more favorably on Porsche going forward.

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
You can believe in what ever version of a conspiracy theory you like. But as the owner of a MY2020, I am the big winner in this one. And I am not complaining and it makes me look more favorably on Porsche going forward.
You are correct in that regardless of the reason, it helps us. I have a 2020, so I am very much looking forward to getting the update.

My comment is more around "don't assume that because a company did something good, that was their intention". My experience with the brand has been more in line with what I expect of a legacy OEM in regards to taking care of their legacy owners. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I choose to assume positive intent on this one, and I'm grateful for the big update.

2020 owners: are you going to pony up for the higher-power charger to get plug-and-charge?

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
2020 owners: are you going to pony up for the higher-power charger to get plug-and-charge?
Yes, if and when it becomes available in my country. My intention was to always own this car for 7-8 years and these improvements make this highly viable. The car was bought on the speculation that Porsche would do the right thing and it looks like they are.

xirtam2381

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I choose to assume positive intent on this one, and I'm grateful for the big update.

I'm assuming this retrofit will cost $1-2k... so nope, pass.

BMonte13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
I’ve had a 2022 RWD Taycan for 4 months now and I’m on a 1.5 month streak of a PERFECTLY running AMAZING vehicle (waited weeks to fix the internal alarm sensor which was going nuts since my first day of ownership and then the PCM lost LTE after they fixed the alarm and now finally perfect after 3 total dealership visits). I’m excited about the update BUT very hesitant.

xirtam2381

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
This is honestly not really a kudos to Porsche. If they could, they would have left early adopters in the cold. The fact that the 2020s have only had 1 major update until this (to something they promised before delivery in wireless carplay) says that they did not intend on providing this to the 2020-2021 (and early 2022) cars. Remember the announcement when they first announced the color icons? It was only on new cars. No "This will be coming this year to older vehicles".

This is the result of them having a large NHTSA recall over software that is cheaper/easier for them to provide the latest software for. They also can't really only upgrade cars in the US without a big PR mess, so they are doing it worldwide. My guess as to why we are getting the other updates that are not just PCM related (driving, battery, etc, etc) is because they don't know how to and/or would be to expensive to separate the software. So its easiest and most cost effective to bring everyone up to current.

This is not Porsche being generous, this is them complying with a [forced] recall and ensuring no PR mess in other markets as a result.

1. When you buy German/Euro autos where refreshes/redesigns happen almost every other year, then being left in the dust is expected. Whereas with Japanese autos that have longer lifecycles between redesigns, you'll always have better reliability and customer service. Going fancy has it's high price.

2. I agree. The only saving grace with the Taycan is the unparalleled Porsche driving experience. We are very fortunate that the driving experience isn't hindered by all the software glitches. If Porsche is going to be a EV leader, then they have to push themselves to deliver a wider-range of updates to their older model years.

3. I have a 2020 4s and if this update fixes all my tech bugs and increases range, then like DerekS said, "all will be forgiven".
Sponsored