Marshall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S; 2021 Macan S
Country flag
Not 100% but 3793?
[/QUOTE
I have an appointment for my 2020 4S for August 3 for ANA5 and I just spoke to my SA regarding the software upgrade. Her comment to me was that it was not showing on the computer for a recall for my car. She also was unaware of when the software would be out or that it affected my car. I nicely suggested that she read the PR bulletin from Porsche. Hoping that by August 3 they will have their act together.
Sponsored

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Oh I have that already…it’s in my pcm settings anyhow but here in NA we have to use the Charging app to unlock the free EA benefit so idk - haven’t really cared to try it out.
You can do this with the My Porsche app now, no need to use Charging NA any more.

This is not true for me. I have used Plug and Charge since I got my car, and I have the included EA charging. I never get charged.
Same for me. 2020 folks do not have the Plug-and-Charge feature, though they can now apparently upgrade to it if they buy the 19.2kW charger retrofit.

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
This is not true for me. I have used Plug and Charge since I got my car, and I have the included EA charging. I never get charged.
well, TIL, I’ll have to check that out!

ThePaddyWan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Polestar 2, Maverick
Country flag
I tried Plug and Charge a few times and it takes forever to authenticate and authorize. Not sure if there's backend strangeness as others mention it works flawlessly. I just end up using the My Porsche app to activate the free charge, must faster.

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
I tried Plug and Charge a few times and it takes forever to authenticate and authorize. Not sure if there's backend strangeness as others mention it works flawlessly. I just end up using the My Porsche app to activate the free charge, must faster.
It shouldn't. In my Lucid Air it takes under 30 seconds to authorize and charge. I use it quite frequently at the mall near me (they have 350wh spots :) )

I can't compare with the Taycan as I have the 2020 without P&C.

Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
Mine usually takes 10 to 20 seconds.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
It shouldn't. In my Lucid Air it takes under 30 seconds to authorize and charge. I use it quite frequently at the mall near me (they have 350wh spots :) )

I can't compare with the Taycan as I have the 2020 without P&C.
Connecting to Ionity with P&C is quick. I get a message on my Apple Watch within seconds confirming the connection was successful. Then it takes 30-45 seconds to start charging. Didn’t dare to walk away before seeing it a actually started.

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
Anyway, I'm scheduled for my car to be picked up today and updated tomorrow. They told me they would do the update and return by EOD Friday. I just laughed, because I know it will likely take them 2-4 days to do the update, given I'll be the first one (although I'm guessing they will do mine and any vehicles they have a Stop Sale on at the same time)

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Plug n charge communication and initiation of charging usually takes 15-25 sec for me. I've been tinting the last several EA fast charger sessions to look for consistency in different charging stations.

slothinker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 (now sold), Toyota MR2, BMW 328i (now sold)
Country flag
Would love to see the comparative charging profile of 19.2 kW On-Board Charge with the default charger under a 240v charging scenario.

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3 E92, Range Rover Sport HST
Country flag
Looks like you are in Northern CA? Which dealer? Did you car have ANA6 or anything tagged on it?
Porsche Rocklin - I went in for something else and they flagged it for ANA5 and ANA6
Sponsored