psglas

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Audi RS4, Defender 90
Country flag
If your car is working and you're happy with it, I'd pass on the update until it's had a few months testing by others. My original launch Taycan was faultless. The newer MY22 is full of bugs. Not a day goes by without an error or PCM glitch. And it's had a new PCM.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
If your car is working and you're happy with it, I'd pass on the update until it's had a few months testing by others. My original launch Taycan was faultless. The newer MY22 is full of bugs. Not a day goes by without an error or PCM glitch. And it's had a new PCM.
This is my plan, although it is easier for me since mine is a '22 and not suffering from the issues that earlier models are experiencing.

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Hopefully, someone will be able to verify the additional 20 to 30 miles of range promised from this:
  • Thermal management: better conditioning of the battery, especially at low outside temperatures, enables the Taycan to be rapidly charged more frequently overall and over a wider range of battery charge levels (SoC). The waste heat from the electrical components, for example, is used even more than before to temper the battery. For 2020 and 2021² model-year Taycan models, this enables greater range and shorter charging times.
This would cover the range portion I am currently missing to make a non-stop Albuquerque to Deming run in the wintertime during my road trips to Tucson from Denver.

I have the new version of the PCM in my new CT4s, and don't really want to mess with it since it works sooooooooooooo much better than what I had in the '21 Taycan. I hope there is a way to selective choose what parts of the update you can get.

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
Hopefully, someone will be able to verify the additional 20 to 30 miles of range promised from this:
  • Thermal management: better conditioning of the battery, especially at low outside temperatures, enables the Taycan to be rapidly charged more frequently overall and over a wider range of battery charge levels (SoC). The waste heat from the electrical components, for example, is used even more than before to temper the battery. For 2020 and 2021² model-year Taycan models, this enables greater range and shorter charging times.
This would cover the range portion I am currently missing to make a non-stop Albuquerque to Deming run in the wintertime during my road trips to Tucson from Denver.

I have the new version of the PCM in my new CT4s, and don't really want to mess with it since it works sooooooooooooo much better than what I had in the '21 Taycan. I hope there is a way to selective choose what parts of the update you can get.
It will be an all or nothing thing. I’m still convinced that’s why we are getting it all.

Where does that say 20 miles?

MyA

First Name
Marc-Yvon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
For now I just need to be able to contact my car remotely - perhaps the non-communicated efforts behind the scenes are in preparation for the above announcement 🙄
After a 12v battery failure, my 4S MY2021 lost all communicating capabilities a few days after. Got the car in and after 2 days, dealer could not figure anything and was advised to wait for the big update.

Now all of a sudden, out of the blue, the car now has some sort of communication with the servers as I now can see SoC, Mileage, tire pressures and correct location on the myporsche website. MyPorsche app is still giving me also very limited information whereas Porsche connect app gives me just a bit more information.

But I still cannot send any request to the car….

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag

If think that if you have a 2022 with colored icons you already have the optimized management.

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It will be an all or nothing thing. I’m still convinced that’s why we are getting it all.

Where does that say 20 miles?

I saw in another thread that it could be a 20 to 30 mile increase in range due to the thermal management update. There are a couple of different threads discussing the update, so sorry I can't remember which one it is.

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If think that if you have a 2022 with colored icons you already have the optimized management.

I was planning on a trip to Vegas on Sunday, so I will see what my range estimates looks like compared to what I had seen previously. Guess that is one way of finding out!

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I saw in another thread that it could be a 20 to 30 mile increase in range due to the thermal management update. There are a couple of different threads discussing the update, so sorry I can't remember which one it is.
The reference to the 20 to 30 mile range increase is in the CNET link from the OP in his first post based on what Porsche told them. It is not in the written Porsche's announcement. The range increase is said to be attributable to the disengagement of the front drive motor in Range and Normal mode. It is applicable to MY2020 and 2021. This sounds like it benefits highway range rather than city range.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
this will be my 4th software update for the Taycan that requires a dealer visit and losing the car for a day or so given logistics of service scheduling

I'm sooo glad Porsche has embraced OTA updates as demonstrated by the continued need to take the car to a dealership…:angry::eek::facepalm::headbang:

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
This is not Porsche being generous, this is them complying with a [forced] recall and ensuring no PR mess in other markets as a result.
As I’ve speculated in earlier posts - knowing the timeframe of the NHTSA filing for the screen flicker/blanking issue, there’s no way Porsche just decided on a whim to roll out this scale of an update to all model years, along with an international product marketing campaign to announce the upgrade. ANA6 jumped onto an already in-motion train. That train did not embark because of ANA6.

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
As I’ve speculated in earlier posts - knowing the timeframe of the NHTSA filing for the screen flicker/blanking issue, there’s no way Porsche just decided on a whim to roll out this scale of an update to all model years, along with an international product marketing campaign to announce the upgrade. ANA6 jumped onto an already in-motion train. That train did not embark because of ANA6.
There’s a lot that goes on before the NHTSA report is released.

Let’s just agree to disagree on motives and just agree we like the outcome.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
After a 12v battery failure, my 4S MY2021 lost all communicating capabilities a few days after. Got the car in and after 2 days, dealer could not figure anything and was advised to wait for the big update.

Now all of a sudden, out of the blue, the car now has some sort of communication with the servers as I now can see SoC, Mileage, tire pressures and correct location on the myporsche website. MyPorsche app is still giving me also very limited information whereas Porsche connect app gives me just a bit more information.

But I still cannot send any request to the car….
I think many of us had the same issue. Mine came back on line yesterday after being dark since 7/7.