SteveGTS

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan on order
Country flag
This caught my eye in the announcement: "All 2023 Taycan models outfitted with the panoramic glass roof now feature the automaker's Variable Light Control electrochromatic shade"... The USA configurator still has 2023 models with the electrochromic-glass feature as an add-on option for $3290 USD. Of course, you can't buy a CT or ST Taycan without the glass roof in the USA. I wonder if Porsche USA is planning to take out the option and make it standard, while upping the base price of each Taycan by a huge amount... (I'd rather see Porsche allow American buyers to option an all-metal roof with a corresponding base starting price around $2k less, and just make an electrochromic glass roof an option for $5k, or whatever).
I think the article is wrong sadly, in other sources it says the variable roof is now an option for all models so presumably you couldn't have it on base models.

YLA G

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Countryman, Tesla P3D - Order: Taycan ST
Country flag
I think the article is wrong sadly, in other sources it says the variable roof is now an option for all models so presumably you couldn't have it on base models.
I could always select it on the base model config?
I will be sad now :(

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I was planning on a trip to Vegas on Sunday, so I will see what my range estimates looks like compared to what I had seen previously. Guess that is one way of finding out!
I have the colored icons PCM in my CT4 build in March. The motor management is already changed. Incan see on the centre display only the rear engine is active when driving constant highway speed. The range at highway speed is around 350-360 km.

Headake

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Told you so that Cluster 37 will be coming ;) Thats very good News i hope.

I guess i can finally connect my iphone wirelessly and all the bluetooth problems are gone. I cant use my iphone on a regular basis because it most times just wont connect and the porsche workshop just wont repair it or change the bluetooth module :(

Its a pain in the A$$

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Can you send requests to your car (timers, clim, etc)?
Not sure - I can see the car is charging and I've sent this evening's route to it and not had an error (yet). Will find out this evening when I get home.

WalterG

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
I choose to assume positive intent on this one, and I'm grateful for the big update.

2020 owners: are you going to pony up for the higher-power charger to get plug-and-charge?
I'm considering buying the upgrade for plug & charge if it's not crazy priced. The configurator shows it at ~$1,600 so the retrofit will be more. If it's under $2,500 ish I'll seriously consider it. Even at that price in the cold light of day it's probably not worth it but I use EA on trips and would really like to just plug in.

MyA

First Name
Marc-Yvon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Not sure - I can see the car is charging and I've sent this evening's route to it and not had an error (yet). Will find out this evening when I get home.
Funny enough, this whole communication loss story ended up with the cancellation of my Pack Car Security service. PCNA say its from a glitch in their backend…..
They issued a credit without me asking to cancel the service.
Had to buy it back….

Go figure

4EVer

First Name
Viv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S, iD3 Pro S, E-Up!
Country flag
After a 12v battery failure, my 4S MY2021 lost all communicating capabilities a few days after. Got the car in and after 2 days, dealer could not figure anything and was advised to wait for the big update.

Now all of a sudden, out of the blue, the car now has some sort of communication with the servers as I now can see SoC, Mileage, tire pressures and correct location on the myporsche website. MyPorsche app is still giving me also very limited information whereas Porsche connect app gives me just a bit more information.

But I still cannot send any request to the car….
I found that when I installed the My Porsche app but kept the Porsche connect app running neither worked effectively. Since My Porsche app is supposed to replace Porsche Connect, I'd advise deleting the latter as I believe having both increases the likelihood of a conflict.

Having deleted the Porsche Connect app, then delete and reinstall the My Porsche app and see whether that enables you to also send requests to the car..

For what it's worth, my car also lost connection to the Porsche Server for a few days over the recent heat wave, meaning that I couldn't pre-cool the car (in addition to all other functions in the My Porsche app). I reported this to the customer services team who 'raised a ticket with Germany' but I did not have any follow-up. Then on Wednesday this week when charging at Ionity I realised that the app was fully working again.

What other information in the Porsche Connect app do you have which is not available in My Porsche app Marc-Yvon?

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Porsche Rocklin - I went in for something else and they flagged it for ANA5 and ANA6
You should double check your dealership actually has the ANA6 software update product because nearly all of our cars are flagged for ANA6 but many dealerships donr have the actual update product yet. I made an appt with my local dealership for late August as a placeholder appt but they confirmed with me they don't yet have the software to update but hoping they will by the time my appointment comes up.

MyA

First Name
Marc-Yvon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I found that when I installed the My Porsche app but kept the Porsche connect app running neither worked effectively. Since My Porsche app is supposed to replace Porsche Connect, I'd advise deleting the latter as I believe having both increases the likelihood of a conflict.

Having deleted the Porsche Connect app, then delete and reinstall the My Porsche app and see whether that enables you to also send requests to the car..

For what it's worth, my car also lost connection to the Porsche Server for a few days over the recent heat wave, meaning that I couldn't pre-cool the car (in addition to all other functions in the My Porsche app). I reported this to the customer services team who 'raised a ticket with Germany' but I did not have any follow-up. Then on Wednesday this week when charging at Ionity I realised that the app was fully working again.

What other information in the Porsche Connect app do you have which is not available in My Porsche app Marc-Yvon?
This is so strange…..

Porche connect app was giving me SoC, mileage, and tire pressure and location but could not send any request to the car.
My Porsche wasn’t giving me any information and the functions tab even lost the charging function…..

Then all of a sudden, everything came back alive this morning. So yeah, got the warning from My Porsche that I should élevé Connect which I did.

Now with My Porsche, I now see all the info that weren’t there and all functions are shown, car is well located!

On another note, I received an email from Porsche saying that I was issued a credit note because I cancelled the Pack Car Security (Which I did not!). Called PCNS and was told that I had to buy it back as it was cancelled by the system…..
Sponsored