XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
The most important part of the update for me. I hate leaving the car at the dealership for something like a trivial software update. My Taycan is my daily driver, and nobody seems to do loaners any more.
Sorry to hear. I'm lucky my dealer always has a loaner available.
Sponsored

Tim_G

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S Diesel
Country flag
I dropped our car off this morning for the rear seatbelt wiring harness recall and an update of the motor control unit. They told me that there was “another big update” available for the car and asked if I would like to have it applied today as well. Apparently it takes them about 6 hours to complete and they can only do 3 cars at once before they overload the network in the garage.
I will let you guys know how it went!

YLA G

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Countryman, Tesla P3D - Order: Taycan ST
Country flag
I dropped our car off this morning for the rear seatbelt wiring harness recall and an update of the motor control unit. They told me that there was “another big update” available for the car and asked if I would like to have it applied today as well. Apparently it takes them about 6 hours to complete and they can only do 3 cars at once before they overload the network in the garage.
I will let you guys know how it went!
Where? Latem?

Tim_G

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S Diesel
Country flag
Just got a call from the dealer, update is still in progress so I won’t have the car back today. :facepalm:

Benji_OOS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan, '13 911, 01 911, e-tron, Tesla S75D
Country flag
My early production 2022 (pre colored icons) is now getting the update and showing the new software already. One thing mentioned was that phones will need to be re-paired even if they show as paired after the update is completed. Our technician suggested removing paired phones and having them forget the car before starting the process to simplify everything when it is finished.

Porsche Taycan Official Porsche Announcement: PCM Update Coming to All Model Years w/ Faster Charging, Infotainment Improvements and Range Bump PXL_20220727_195202944

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
My early production 2022 (pre colored icons) is now getting the update and showing the new software already. One thing mentioned was that phones will need to be re-paired even if they show as paired after the update is completed. Our technician suggested removing paired phones and having them forget the car before starting the process to simplify everything when it is finished.

PXL_20220727_195202944.jpg
@Benji_OOS How long did the update take in your case? I’ve been wondering if early MY22’s (already on PCM 6.x) like mine are relatively simpler to update…

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
One thing mentioned was that phones will need to be re-paired even if they show as paired after the update is completed. Our technician suggested removing paired phones and having them forget the car before starting the process to simplify everything when it is finished.
Mine mentioned the same thing and I did have to do this to get Carplay back.

Benji_OOS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan, '13 911, 01 911, e-tron, Tesla S75D
Country flag
@Benji_OOS How long did the update take in your case? I’ve been wondering if early MY22’s (already on PCM 6.x) like mine are relatively simpler to update…
The instructions were 24 pages long and the car has been with them for better part of a day so I don't think any of the updates are going to be fast to be honest.

Edit: My car will likely get finished up the next morning as since they could not get all of it done today. Sounds like there is a lot of file transfers, computer babysitting and associated tasks involved.
Sponsored

Last edited: