Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
  • Screens are brighter for the pcm screen and passenger screen
  • MUCH faster and more responsive
  • Looks great and significantly more polished
  • Minor various other changes like the way Homelink pops up
  • It has spotify
  • Someone had said CarPlay would work on both screens, it only works on the main as before

Porsche Taycan Official Porsche Announcement: PCM Update Coming to All Model Years w/ Faster Charging, Infotainment Improvements and Range Bump 246518E0-B208-4238-9010-8E6B9468AB81

Porsche Taycan Official Porsche Announcement: PCM Update Coming to All Model Years w/ Faster Charging, Infotainment Improvements and Range Bump F5EC349C-96A5-4EB3-9271-DB3CFD6539A1

Porsche Taycan Official Porsche Announcement: PCM Update Coming to All Model Years w/ Faster Charging, Infotainment Improvements and Range Bump B62B317A-8854-431F-8A25-83B371E01882

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Is that HomeLink button in the lower right of the screen (above the “…” button) always present? That would let me free up a diamond button for a different purpose…
That already shows up on my car (when I’m near my house) that has NOT been updated. I don’t program any buttons for Homelink as a result.

swhsv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
That already shows up on my car (when I’m near my house) that has NOT been updated. I don’t program any buttons for Homelink as a result.
Interesting. My car (2021 4S) pops up a panel (that covers much of the screen) asking if I want to activate the opener when I get close to the stored location. And the ParkAssist/backup camera display covers that HomeLink panel so I can’t close the garage door after backing out unless I explicitly close the ParkAssist panel. It annoyed me so much I cleared the GPS location for the garage door and assigned a diamond button for Homelink….

Last edited:

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Interesting. My car (2021 4S) pops up a panel (that covers much of the screen) asking if I want to activate the opener when I get close to the stored location. And the ParkAssist/backup camera display covers that HomeLink panel so I can’t close the garage door after backing out. It annoyed me so much I cleared the GPS location for the garage door and assigned a diamond button for Homelink….
Close that Homelink panel and see if the icon shows up in the bottom right corner. Maybe it’s a feature of my FEB 22 build???

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
my favorite part of this update is access to music in the lower screen. Because Porsche doesnt have any controls outside of volume on the screen, you have to be in the media option on the main screen to make changes. If you are using NAV or a map route, toggling back and forth is such a terrible user experience. Well done that they fixed this!

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
my favorite part of this update is access to music in the lower screen. Because Porsche doesnt have any controls outside of volume on the screen, you have to be in the media option on the main screen to make changes. If you are using NAV or a map route, toggling back and forth is such a terrible user experience. Well done that they fixed this!
Huh? The only lower screen button I have for music is the 🎵 icon

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Nope, just opens it
which you then can this control with the tracking in the lower screen...poor design - should be a simple pull down with play/pause/fwd/bk - no biggie; just need to reset my expectations!

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
assigned a diamond button for Homelink….
I believe this works if you only program one opener. Once I added a second opener, the diamond did not work.

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
In the pre-update version, it doesnt exist.

Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 6.56.10 PM.png
Uhh yes it does. Under where "Sync" is there will be a hamburger you can drag down.

Porsche Taycan Official Porsche Announcement: PCM Update Coming to All Model Years w/ Faster Charging, Infotainment Improvements and Range Bump 1659006094194

If you have CarPlay connected a shortcut to that also shows up next to the cogwheel icon.

Also you can use a two-finger drag up or down on the "trackpad" area to change volume instead of the -/+ buttons at the bottom there if you're so inclined. :p

swhsv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I believe this works if you only program one opener. Once I added a second opener, the diamond did not work.
That’s true - but we have only one opener programmed so it’s fine for our needs right now.

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Uhh yes it does. Under where "Sync" is there will be a hamburger you can drag down.

1659006094194.png

If you have CarPlay connected a shortcut to that also shows up next to the cogwheel icon.

Also you can use a two-finger drag up or down on the "trackpad" area to change volume instead of the -/+ buttons at the bottom there if you're so inclined. :p
uhhhh...no, it doesn't (Note MY picture). No hamburger in my version. No fries either.