DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Ill check....but just so I am clear, this feature would only work in park? Super functional design.
Once you've pulled it down, it stays that way. I guess it's another one of their safety decisions.

Reactions: B61

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Once you've pulled it down, it stays that way. I guess it's another one of their safety decisions.
OK so the order of things is must be in park to pull down then it remains persistent till you turn the car off again. You can not grab it once the car is in motion if you didn't activate it upon start-up.

Honestly, there are a ton of other functional buttons on that screen, including the tracking option so safety doesn't come to mind in this design. Seems like a UI decision that is based on poor design.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
I have no idea about this "hamburger" of which you speak but suddenly find myself hungry.

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
No, once pulled down it stays that way even between uses.
I was playing around - thanks for the heads up on the park thing...I only ever need it when driving so it never occured to me that they would remove the hamburger option enroute. Saw that it is persistent too...you mentioned it once and my 'ready, shoot, aim' approach overlooked.

I just dropped it to the dealer for the updates and recall stuff. Ill take the improvements and be thankful that they were retroactive to the 2020. They do have some funky ideas for their UI though

Oakhome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'65 S-Type; '06 325; '20 Taycan; '18 991
3 months wait until my dealership has an opening, and that is after repeatedly trying trying to get a fix for the constant disconnects while using the phone / reboots / forgetting settings / etc

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
3 months wait until my dealership has an opening, and that is after repeatedly trying trying to get a fix for the constant disconnects while using the phone / reboots / forgetting settings / etc
Someone check me on this math, but...

75000 Taycans sold
630 Porsche service centers worldwide (accurate?)
2 service days per update

(75000 * 2) / 630 = 238.10

If each center does one per day, it will take 238 days to get the fleet updated.

mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S. BMW X5, Golf GTi,
Country flag
An email to the Porsche GB CEO seemed to spur them on a bit, it worked for me, although it could be a coincidence. Use words like disappointed, unhappy, etc. Lay it on thick

Axdenied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

75000 Taycans sold

If each center does one per day, it will take 238 days to get the fleet updated.
@DerekS Will probably take that amount of time given the efficacy of the centers, but would have done the math differently:

Some centers can do up to 3 cars at the time (At least my case), but let's put it down to 2.

So (75,000 / 2) * 2 days of work = 75000 Days for 1 center
For 630 centers would therefore be 75000 / 630 = 119 Days.

But as I said, we would be lucky it doesn't take a year.... on the other hand, I guess this is a revenue source for the centers so maybe an incentive.

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag

75000 Taycans sold

And what if an new update comes in the meantime ? 😅

• Haha

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
And what if an new update comes in the meantime ? 😅
And think of the cost. Say 100 something an hour, times 75,000 cars at a book time of 3hrs. That 26 million! And it’s taking days, not hours. They really do need OTA updates to work better. They also need WiFi connection as well when we are at home. . .

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan Mercedes AMG GTS Edition 1
Country flag
Still waiting on my car which has been in since Tuesday, last information was software update will complete today.
Sponsored

• Wow