Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Makes sense. We will see. My car is also in production. Sitting there all alone, waiting to be finished. It does look like corona could be leveling off in Germany, with the new cases going down for the last couple days. But that could also be due to running out of tests:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/germany/
Is your car in storage? How long was it in production before it stopped? My car was in production for 12 days and stopped 4 days before the shutdown. It now is in an offsite storage location, although it is technically not finished with production. I don't know why they stopped without finishing or maybe the last step was QA and prep for shipping and that is the part they decided to punt on.
Sponsored

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
I'm stuck in Illigen. I would hope they could still continue with shipping the vehicles, but my update 4 days ago shows no movement since the 18th. I can't imaging a lot of people have to be involved with that process, but I say that without any insight to how those logistics work.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Is your car in storage? How long was it in production before it stopped? My car was in production for 12 days and stopped 4 days before the shutdown. It now is in an offsite storage location, although it is technically not finished with production. I don't know why they stopped without finishing or maybe the last step was QA and prep for shipping and that is the part they decided to punt on.
My car was in production for a week before the shutdown. I don’t know where it is. I assume it’s still sitting on the assembly line in the factory. How do you know where yours is?

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is the information I have.
Porsche Taycan Official: Porsche stops production due to coronavirus 1585591452680

Your dealer should be able to provide these details to you for your car.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
This is the information I have.
1585591452680.png

Your dealer should be able to provide these details to you for your car.
Yes I have that info. It says the car is still in production. I was wondering how Reg knew his car was offsite if it hasn’t exited production yet.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes I have that info. It says the car is still in production. I was wondering how Reg knew his car was offsite if it hasn’t exited production yet.
Hi @dryii looks like our cars are neighbors in Illingen.

@Dave T mine is a little different in that I technically didn't finish production according to the schedule

V260 - Entry to body Shop 2/28 (expected)... 3/5 (actual)
V345 - Entry Compound Illingen ... 3/17 (actual)
V270 -Exit Production 4/17
V300 - Vehicle Completion 4/17

Kind of bugs me that a partially completed car (?) is sitting in a lot for month. But I am hoping that it is similar to @dryii and is actually completed since their car was in production for 10 days before going off to Illingen and mine was 12 days.

Thoughts?

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Ah, I see. So this is showing that it went to Illingen before it was done. That’s strange but I can’t imagine that they would put it outside if it wasn’t safe to do so. You don’t want the interior getting rained on!

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ah, I see. So this is showing that it went to Illingen before it was done. That’s strange but I can’t imagine that they would put it outside if it wasn’t safe to do so. You don’t want the interior getting rained on!
Yeah, and also the uncertainty about how will they know what they still have to finish and would it need to go back on the line to get the brakes installed (just an example, if that wasn't the part yet done). That is why I am hoping that it is done except for QA or something like that that doesn't require production.

OP
OP
SHN

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Tesla Model S (for sale)
Country flag
I got this information about my car. I think it's from another tab (page) in their system. Mine was supposed to finish 27th, but it seems it made it before the closure. As you can see it's in Kornwestheim. I think the next step will be transport by train to the port (In Transit Germany). I know Porsche Norway is trying to get one more delivery, and hopefully mine is included. If not, I have to wait to Germany easing the restrictions.

Porsche Taycan Official: Porsche stops production due to coronavirus 1585594488471

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
is your car still in storage in Illingen? Have you heard anything new?
Nothing for about a week. I emailed my adviser this morning. I'm still hoping for May. Can't say I know much about what is going on over there, but one would think shipping an export should still be possible. *shrug*

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My advisor said the factory shutdown has been extended another two weeks.

Reactions: Reg

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've been told all cars will remain in Germany until the factory reopens. That should be by the end of the month, which means I could still see a May delivery. *shrug*
I could be upset, but it wouldn't help the situation any. For now I'll remain disappointed and patient.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I've been told all cars will remain in Germany until the factory reopens. That should be by the end of the month, which means I could still see a May delivery. *shrug*
I could be upset, but it wouldn't help the situation any. For now I'll remain disappointed and patient.
It doesn't seem likely that things will actually open up in a month, but I hope you're right.
Sponsored