OP
SHN

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Tesla Model S (for sale)
Country flag
It doesn't seem likely that things will actually open up in a month, but I hope you're right.
Mine is on its way from Kornwestheim to Bremerhaven, so it's not fully closed in Germany.

Status on March 26.
Porsche Taycan Official: Porsche stops production due to coronavirus 1585935631572

Status on April 3.
Porsche Taycan Official: Porsche stops production due to coronavirus 1585935799257

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Anyone seen any communication about the status of production? I’ve seen reports that BMW is keeping their production line shutdown through April. I was expecting an announcement by Porsche either way on the status of production and the factories.

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
How is everyone getting the status of their cars? My dealer has been closed for several weeks. They are responding to emails, but they say they don't have remote access to Porsche ordering systems. They also mentioned that customers cannot access the data themselves.

Td78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
How is everyone getting the status of their cars? My dealer has been closed for several weeks. They are responding to emails, but they say they don't have remote access to Porsche ordering systems. They also mentioned that customers cannot access the data themselves.
You can call PCNA at 1-800-PORSCHE and they can look it up using your commission number. Mine should have completed before the plant closure but did not. A very nice person at PCNA said it’s now scheduled for completion 4/23, but said it’s anyone’s guess as to when it would really be.

Td78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Here is one update on the closure. I hope its correct, and that they have a way to keep employees safe.
Porsche
The automaker said on March 18 it would stop production at its German plants to keep its workforce safe and healthy. The work stoppage was to last at least two weeks, but on April 6, the company decided to officially postpone production until April 14. Like Daimler, Porsche said the global supply chain makes it impossible to continue output as normal. The company said it's also prepared for a decline in demand and will work to secure its finances.
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/covid-19-automakers-plant-shutdowns-coronavirus/

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Here is another update from April 9

Automotive News Europe: Porsche extends factory closures on supply shortages

https://bit.ly/3bhv3Rv
But based on that, they should be in production again

The automaker closed its factories in Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen and Leipzig on March 21, with the stoppage originally intended to last two weeks. The company has now decided to idle the two sites for a further week.
I read elsewhere that they are "hoping" to resume after April 17th.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
But based on that, they should be in production again

I read elsewhere that they are "hoping" to resume after April 17th.
That article was April 9. So maybe they are starting up next week?

DavidE- Bath

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf GTD mk 7, Ferrari 599 GTB, Ferrari 360 Spider, Ferrari 328 GTS, Bentley Continental Flying Spur, Land Rover Defender 110, Tygan/Chesil Speedster
Country flag
Hi

has anyone heard any further news about when the Taycan factory is to reopen? I don’t seem to be able to find any info with a google search.

cheers
David

Alain

First Name
Alain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Jaguar F-Type 3.0 v6 P380 Supercharged R-Dynamic
Country flag
I have not heard an official announcement, but there are many rumors that the car factories in Germany such as Audi, Volkswagen and Porsche will restart production this month.

tk23

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mclaren 600LT. Porsche macan gts. Porsche 964 C4. Volvo xc90
Country flag
Anyone have any idea when they start shipping again? My car has just been sitting at the Emden port apparently. Going on a month now. Neither the dealer nor Porsche USA had any update.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Anyone have any idea when they start shipping again? My car has just been sitting at the Emden port apparently. Going on a month now. Neither the dealer nor Porsche USA had any update.
They haven't updated the shipping schedule on the PWL website (last one was from early March), so they may not have much visibility on when they will get shipping capacity yet.

Td78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It is true!!

I just spoke with PCNA who confirmed that factories are slowly reopening. My 4S completed yesterday with expected delivery in June. (Original estimated completion date was 2/14.)

Both times I have spoken with PCNA, they have been incredibly nice and helpful.
Nice! How far into your build was your car when the shutdown happened?
Sponsored