Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes, Felix, I did misunderstand. You talked about your predicted dates slipping from month to month so I thought they were giving you the computer printout that predicts dates that people have posted here. If they never gave you that then it definitely IS bad customer service and nothing like what I’ve gotten.

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Silver Taycan 4S, 2012 991 911 (sold), 1995 993 (Gave to son) 1965 356 (gave to son)
Country flag
I just checked mine with PCNA and my delivery is now back up to Aug 28.

Chuck J

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Has anyone heard if or when Porsche is starting production back up? Supposedly it was today.

ImThestig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
A German newspaper wrote it will be closed to 4th of May due to shortage of parts to make it complete.

Alain

First Name
Alain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Jaguar F-Type 3.0 v6 P380 Supercharged R-Dynamic
Country flag
Most German car manufacturers have started production again this week. But this is not just a 'push of a button'. It concerns dozens of production lines, thousands of employees, hundreds of thousands of parts. And the dependence of the speed of suppliers on the parts. It can take a few weeks, perhaps months, before everything gets back to normal. I have not read that Porsche has started again today, but Volkswagen (owner of Porsche) and BMW, among others, have. It is quite likely that Porsche has also started again today or will do so in the coming days. But starting does not necessarily mean that cars immediately roll off the production lines.

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
Agreed with the other posters who commented about them going "active" but it taking some time to get up to speed again.

DeciusCaeciliusMetellus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Country flag
Most German car manufacturers have started production again this week. But this is not just a 'push of a button'. It concerns dozens of production lines, thousands of employees, hundreds of thousands of parts. And the dependence of the speed of suppliers on the parts. It can take a few weeks, perhaps months, before everything gets back to normal. I have not read that Porsche has started again today, but Volkswagen (owner of Porsche) and BMW, among others, have. It is quite likely that Porsche has also started again today or will do so in the coming days. But starting does not necessarily mean that cars immediately roll off the production lines.
Latest on plant reopening dates

Porsche was keeping its plants in Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen and Leipzig, both in Germany, closed until April 27 due to supply disruptions

OP
OP
SHN

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Tesla Model S (for sale)
Country flag
Norwegians waiting for they Taycan got a SMS message and email on Monday 27th, that the factory is still closed:

Kjære Porsche-kunde,

I likhet med store deler av verdens bilproduksjon er Porsches fabrikker fremdeles stengte, men det jobbes nå på spreng for å få koordinert underleverandører slik at produksjonen kan begynne igjen. Selv om produksjonen gradvis vil bygges opp når fabrikkene gjenåpner, er vi blitt forespeilet bra med produksjon i den første fasen.

Vi vil kontakte deg så snart vi vet når fabrikkene skal åpne igjen, og vil informere deg om konkrete produksjonstider for bilene fortløpende.

Vi beklager selvsagt forsinkelsene, og kan ikke annet enn å be om ytterligere litt tålmodighet.

Hilsen,

Porsche Norge
Google translate:
Dear Porsche customer,

Like most parts of the world's car production, Porsche's factories are still closed, but efforts are now underway to coordinate subcontractors so that production can begin again. Although production will gradually build up when the factories reopen, we have been well anticipated with production in the first phase.

We will contact you as soon as we know when the factories will open again, and will inform you of specific production times for the cars continuously.

Of course, we apologize for the delays and can only ask for a little more patience.

Regards,
Porsche Norway

Reactions: Reg

Poluski

First Name
Andrzej
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, 914-6, 944 Turbo, Taycan 4S
Country flag
As an added item of information...My 4S which was stuck at V300 on March 20 (right before the shutdown of factory) just made it to Emden today. So that leads me to believe that the traffic is getting moving again for the cars that were made but have been stuck in transport.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
As an added item of information...My 4S which was stuck at V300 on March 20 (right before the shutdown of factory) just made it to Emden today. So that leads me to believe that the traffic is getting moving again for the cars that were made but have been stuck in transport.

Did they provide a shipping date yet?

My car was in production for 12 days than stopped and went into storage, so not v300, it was like v347

OP
OP
SHN

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine has been stuck in Transit in Germany since March 27. I haven't got any update, but hopefully your update is a good sign. The information from Porsche Norway was generally about production at the factories, not about produced cars waiting for or in transit.

Pouria

First Name
Pouria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CT4S, had Taycan 4S 2020.
Country flag
My dealer told me the factory "opened" yesterday and that he had a beginning of June delivery time listed now. He said that he was hoping for a faster delivery than stated.

Things are moving at least. :)

OP
OP
SHN

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag