First Name
Andrzej
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, 914-6, 944 Turbo, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Did they provide a shipping date yet?

My car was in production for 12 days than stopped and went into storage, so not v300, it was like v347
Reg...my salesman got an e-mail with this notice and called me. He just said that it looks like the portal has not been updated. Still showing May-22 delivery in Minneapolis (from Houston)
Sponsored

BliXem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2020
Country flag
My dealer told me the factory "opened" yesterday and that he had a beginning of June delivery time listed now. He said that he was hoping for a faster delivery than stated.

Things are moving at least. :)
I did hear today that the factory is closed till next week. When did you order your car? I've got a July delivery date.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Reg...my salesman got an e-mail with this notice and called me. He just said that it looks like the portal has not been updated. Still showing May-22 delivery in Minneapolis (from Houston)
thanks. Here's hoping that the portal wasn't updated and things are moving!

After 12 days in production, I have been in a storage lot since May 17th, before the shutdown, and the portal says not finishing until end of May with delivery in August.

BlueShoes

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I'm overdue to respond as I was just pissed and waiting to see. PCNA ghosted me and then finally responded to my voicemails and emails with a short note that said COVID-19 is unprecedented and that my car should ship on or before May 15 (about a 4 week delay). I told them that I'm not upset they're dealing with a completely unknown situation but that they need to do much much better with messaging and that it's a farce I can track down information from their 3rd party partners that's more accurate. I sent them a list of clarification questions and nothing. Not even a "give me a day or two to track this down." Just silence.

Honestly giving really strong consideration to canceling my order. This was going to be my first 'go' with Porsche after a dealer was an a$$ and we left without buying the car and bought something from Range Rover a block up the street. Starting to feel that maybe Porsche isn't the brand for me now that I'm on a 2nd go of bad experience. And it's purely their ability to communicate accurately and timely.

Edit - can't type dates

Last edited:

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
my car should ship on or before March 15 (about a 4 week delay).
I assume you mean May 15th? If so, that is news, since there hasn't been any update to the shipping website since week 10.

As for cancelling because this is frustrating, I understand, but unless you are going to buy a car off the lot, I don't know that any other company has better information, especially since they rely on updated info from their suppliers, shippers, etc.

Not sure why you are getting ghosted since each time I contacted them, I got an answer within 24 hours and there is nothing special about my order and I have no previous experience with Porsche, so not a VIP or anything.

Good luck.

Alain

First Name
Alain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Jaguar F-Type 3.0 v6 P380 Supercharged R-Dynamic
Country flag
I'm overdue to respond as I was just pissed and waiting to see. PCNA ghosted me and then finally responded to my voicemails and emails with a short note that said COVID-19 is unprecedented and that my car should ship on or before March 15 (about a 4 week delay). I told them that I'm not upset they're dealing with a completely unknown situation but that they need to do much much better with messaging and that it's a farce I can track down information from their 3rd party partners that's more accurate. I sent them a list of clarification questions and nothing. Not even a "give me a day or two to track this down." Just silence.

Honestly giving really strong consideration to canceling my order. This was going to be my first 'go' with Porsche after a dealer was an a$$ and we left without buying the car and bought something from Range Rover a block up the street. Starting to feel that maybe Porsche isn't the brand for me now that I'm on a 2nd go of bad experience. And it's purely their ability to communicate accurately and timely.
I understand you're pissed about that. Every company should also know that communication with your customers, especially in case of problems, is often more important than the solution itself. But a Porsche dealer who does not master these qualities is of course not representative of the Porsche brand. I myself have the necessary experience with car dealers and I also know that the difference is mainly in the dealers themselves and it has nothing to do with the brand.

You have an incredibly cool car on order, I would not cancel it by a dealer who does not know how to handle customers. Once you have the car, just go to another dealer for maintenance and forget the dealer where you bought it.

BlueShoes

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I assume you mean May 15th? If so, that is news, since there hasn't been any update to the shipping website since week 10.

As for cancelling because this is frustrating, I understand, but unless you are going to buy a car off the lot, I don't know that any other company has better information, especially since they rely on updated info from their suppliers, shippers, etc.

Not sure why you are getting ghosted since each time I contacted them, I got an answer within 24 hours and there is nothing special about my order and I have no previous experience with Porsche, so not a VIP or anything.

Good luck.
Crikey!! Updated the date - yes you're right... thanks for that.

My concern is they can't get their story straight. They should have been able to tell me "we have nothing scheduled yet because we aren't staffed at Emden during shutdown." or something along those lines. Instead I was told "it'll ship within a week" or whatever it was but when I reached out to PWL directly and was told nothing was scheduled beyond that last freighter that was on April 8/9 it was eye opening. I feel like PCNA is just throwing things out to keep people from getting pissed vs. just being honest. I have some concerns about an auto maker taking that approach especially when I'm buying a gen1 product.

With respect to PCNA response, my dealer is one of the "premier" or whatever dealers (not a porsche guy so I'm new to their classifications) and they've expressed frustration too with lack of response from this guy. Sounds like we just got a winner.

BlueShoes

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I understand you're pissed about that. Every company should also know that communication with your customers, especially in case of problems, is often more important than the solution itself. But a Porsche dealer who does not master these qualities is of course not representative of the Porsche brand. I myself have the necessary experience with car dealers and I also know that the difference is mainly in the dealers themselves and it has nothing to do with the brand.

You have an incredibly cool car on order, I would not cancel it by a dealer who does not know how to handle customers. Once you have the car, just go to another dealer for maintenance and forget the dealer where you bought it.
My dealer has been great actually - it's PCNA. Dealer is as frustrated as I am. Dealer has been trying to get me to move as I've eyed a GT3RS a couple of times and never pulled the trigger as I was leaning toward a Mclaren 600LT. I drove the Taycan kind of on a half-assed whim and was blown away. But then the misinformation thing happened and now I'm back to thinking maybe I shouldn't have changed direction. Dealer is like "nooo.... this is not normal for Porsche" so I'm trying to see if they turn the ship around but nothing yet.

Alain

First Name
Alain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Jaguar F-Type 3.0 v6 P380 Supercharged R-Dynamic
Country flag
My dealer has been great actually - it's PCNA. Dealer is as frustrated as I am. Dealer has been trying to get me to move as I've eyed a GT3RS a couple of times and never pulled the trigger as I was leaning toward a Mclaren 600LT. I drove the Taycan kind of on a half-assed whim and was blown away. But then the misinformation thing happened and now I'm back to thinking maybe I shouldn't have changed direction. Dealer is like "nooo.... this is not normal for Porsche" so I'm trying to see if they turn the ship around but nothing yet.
Aha, I had not understood correctly. But then you actually have a good reason to continue the order. You normally only have something to do with the dealer. You will only be dealing with PCNA in very exceptional situations, such as now. I hope you get more clarity soon, the car itself is worth the wait;)

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My dealer has been great actually - it's PCNA. Dealer is as frustrated as I am.
I guess it depends on who you get on the phone. My dealer has been great. When I contacted pcna, I got far less info - I got only the expected delivery with then 3 sentences of disclaimers, that the date probably will change, etc.

It is bad form to tell a customer what they want to hear, but I guess even in the best of orgs it can happen.

Did the shipping company give any indication of when they may start up again?

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
... since there hasn't been any update to the shipping website since week 10.
I've been checking it, too. After more investigation I found these two green dots. They are 'vehicle carriers' and have not moved for over a month now. :( Let's hope things begin ramping up soon.
Porsche Taycan Official: Porsche stops production due to coronavirus 1588116151177

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I'm overdue to respond as I was just pissed and waiting to see. PCNA ghosted me and then finally responded to my voicemails and emails with a short note that said COVID-19 is unprecedented and that my car should ship on or before May 15 (about a 4 week delay). I told them that I'm not upset they're dealing with a completely unknown situation but that they need to do much much better with messaging and that it's a farce I can track down information from their 3rd party partners that's more accurate. I sent them a list of clarification questions and nothing. Not even a "give me a day or two to track this down." Just silence.

Edit - can't type dates
I've had similar issues. This is a company, not COVID-19, issue. The latter simply exacerbated the former. My car was originally supposed to be here 4/16, then 5/1, now no one has a clue.

Pouria

First Name
Pouria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CT4S, had Taycan 4S 2020.
Country flag
I did hear today that the factory is closed till next week. When did you order your car? I've got a July delivery date.
Hmm, seems like everyone is getting different info.

I ordered mine end of November. Did some changes after that and bumped it to the wrong side of Corona...

OP
OP
SHN

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Tesla Model S (for sale)
Country flag
Now, I know for sure what's happens with my car. It's arriving Norway tomorrow:party: The dealer called me and we are discussing delivery date:handsinair: