Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
Except for the fact that it's not comparing E to E, but comparing Taycan to E

Encircled in red here is the Taycan's door mirrors. You will never find these on any mission E concept - ever.

mirror.png
Kudos to you sir......we'll see won't we.
Sponsored

randkin

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
930 TC, 997.2 TTS, Panamera TTS, Cayenne GTS, Ferrari 612 OTO
Country flag
Yaaaa hoooo! You know what I find interesting is the mention about "final design is not yet known" and then they lead with the Mission E pic. Wishful thinking maybe but I think a pleasant surprise is coming...
Funny you should mention about the final design being unknown yet as that was exactly my take away. That leads me to believe that Porsche has not yet started to construct the tooling? I guess that is a bit of a concern on when the production of the cars will start.

Haros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You bet
Country flag
Ye
I guess that means we'll see them on the road in Spring 2020. Can't wait to get mine. I'm #4 in Canada right now.

Also can't wait for price list. If it starts over $100K CDN, I'll be sad.
Yeah I'm budgeting myself to $100k here before taxes too. Maybe a little over with options but not much. Not sure what number I am.
I placed a deposit on day 2 or 3 in BC so I'm probably not too bad.

DrParis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 991.2 C4S. Panamera GTS
Country flag
I'm guessing we will have to spec them out before configurator goes live. We will probably get a PDF of all options, etc. It would have to go live July for year end orders to be delivered using the configurator.
Maybe, but I ordered a Macan just after the debut in LA a few yrs ago and as I recall there was only the configurator going live around the time of the debut as with the 992. I can’t see Porsche releasing images and specs to 20000+ people prior to a big world premier IMO.

Reactions: SHY

artdept

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
t -model 3, Dodge Coin Style Model Y, white taycan
Country flag
Except for the fact that it's not comparing E to E, but comparing Taycan to E

Encircled in red here is the Taycan's door mirrors. You will never find these on any mission E concept - ever.

mirror.png

after seeing Marques Brownlee's Model Y image... I thought I would give it a try for the mission e / taycan.
to meet it looks very much like the concept.. OR at least thats what they are still using for the pictures. I hope it stays tru throughout the design process.
Porsche Taycan Official: Porsche Taycan Will Debut in September! Over 20,000 deposits taken Screen--PM
Porsche Taycan Official: Porsche Taycan Will Debut in September! Over 20,000 deposits taken tay03_hero

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
after seeing Marques Brownlee's Model Y image... I thought I would give it a try for the mission e / taycan.
to meet it looks very much like the concept.. OR at least thats what they are still using for the pictures. I hope it stays tru throughout the design process.
Screen--PM.jpg
tay03_hero.jpg
Yeah, when I first saw the "Soul,Electrified" video my first thought was 'Meh, that's the Mission E concept".

Then I noticed the front mirrors (which I've never seen a Mission E with, and I never ever will see a Mission E with) - and I realised that is the production Taycan, the one which will be revealed in full in September, the one you and I will be able to buy shortly, and was taken aback - this looked like a real four-door supercar.

Though the video is very dark (and thus the detailing is hard to make out) it's a dead cert the profile is near identical to the Mission E - that means those swollen arches, wide hips, ultra low roofline and the sexy front fender that curves fully over the wheel before meeting the A-Pillar are all guaranteed to appear on the production model. I think the integrated rear spoiler will be on the production model too.

SHY

First Name
Svein Harald
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ymr.no
Vehicles
Mercedes R-Class, Saab 9-5, Mac Minarelli X30 gokart
Country flag
Besides the Powertrain of course. I find what’s most appealing about the Taycan are those nicely flared front quarters. And of course those sick 24” 2-tone wheels. We know those wheels will not be part of the final production line for numerous reasons. But I really hope they find a reason to keep those front flares. Puh puh puh puhleeze.
Where did you find the info on the wheels?

I’ve heard a rumour saying they will be delivered as a limited edition for those on top of the reservation lists.